Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's to say they weren't?

Your assumption about a Wednesday deadline is false.

There's no "deadline" as such, but there is the 2025 season. The quicker we can make the call, the quicker we can appoint and support the new coach.

If we can't make the decision, sort out the logistics and announce it 5 days after the last final in a situation where we knew his job was on the line, what are we doing? I'm surprised there even need to be discussions at this point. We either know that losing a prelim without a whimper was enough, or we know it wasn't enough. The footy committee and board could have made these decisions and put contingencies in place in the preseason.

Love him or hate him, whatever his agenda is against us. Kingy's opinions of us have been pretty spot on. The only one that's been willing to call it out for what it is.

King has good footy smarts, he just far too often lets his personal biases get in the way of them.

A carr handover is ****ing stupid, handovers are for dynasty teams. We've got a finals monkey on our back the size of king Kong. A handover is like "more of the same please". Should be a league wide search and process for the best available candidate

Listening to SEN today has been quite enlightening. I fully expect our list to be deemed 'bottom four' by the end of the day and 'Kenny' will be something akin to Bruce Almighty.

Bruce Almighty I Got The Power GIF by Jim Carrey

David king saying port rate inside 50s like goals was hilarious šŸ˜‚
We more use the I50s as a cover to mask how bad our defence is. We don't enter deep and long and we just get carved up on rebound. When teams actually can rebound even from our deep entries, then we just get slaughtered.

So over this gameplan and the lack of risk we take. It's all so boring. Sick of seeing 3 forwards jumping at every contest. Sick of just hacking it into 50 all the time. Sick of over committing in the forward press. Sick of conceeding uncontested marks so easily. Sick of conceding shots with ease. Sick of relying on chaos and luck to score. Man could go on and on. I just want to see change. Don't care if we start losing more, would like to see us try something different that might actually one day work.

There's no "deadline" as such, but there is the 2025 season. The quicker we can make the call, the quicker we can appoint and support the new coach.

If we can't make the decision, sort out the logistics and announce it 5 days after the last final in a situation where we knew his job was on the line, what are we doing? I'm surprised there even need to be discussions at this point. We either know that losing a prelim without a whimper was enough, or we know it wasn't enough. The footy committee and board could have made these decisions and put contingencies in place in the preseason.

They've had contingencies in place and have fully been preparing for the possibility of a Carr led team in 2025 for months.

Taking a little bit longer to officially remove Ken if they decide to go that way is not going to hinder preparation for 2025 in any way, shape or form.

I donā€™t know, it seems about right when it comes to the seniority of a 12 year coach. The issue though is that any other coach wouldā€™ve had to make at least one grand final to be able to call themselves a 12 year coach.
Make a grand final? I'm not sure any other coach has lasted in to their 11th season without at least one premiership. Usually you need at least 2 GFs and a flag to go further, and even then most don't make it past 10.

Listening to SEN today has been quite enlightening. I fully expect our list to be deemed 'bottom four' by the end of the day and 'Kenny' will be something akin to Bruce Almighty.

Imagine Ken instructing the recruiting team to get players that will make the list worse each year, just so he can prove his magic.

Actually, he did pursue Ratugolea for two years and paid a shittonne for him when he got him, so maybe that theory is not as ridiculous as it first sounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, the old "Best list ever", which by mid year turned into "The list just isn't up to it", before roaring home to finish 2nd as "An incredibly exciting young quality list", only to become a shithouse "Old, broken list, with holes everywhere" after losing a prelim.

Our list is fine. Never in our history have we had 5 capable AFL Tall forwards sitting on a list (MG, Dix, Marshall, Fin, Lord). Whilst the core group is young, and we're probably balancing them wrong, we've probably got the best midfield group we've ever had. And our backline around Houston, Bergman, BZT and Aliir, is a great backline.

The list isn't the problem. It's absolutely premiership calibre. It's not even that Hinkley isn't doing good things with it, I mean he is. We made a prelim, that's not a complete failure, the problem is that he's 0-4 in prelims, and there's something intangible in him as a person, and some clear markers in the way we play that clearly identify that Hinkley just doesn't have what it takes to get us all the way and that we need change.

To stick with Ken is just lazy and gutless by our board at this stage.

But keep all words to a maximum two syllables if you want him to be able to read and understand it.

Yep. I wrote to him after the 2021 Prelim with all the pertinent criticisms (big game disasters, diabolical Adelaide Oval night record, wasting platinum opportunities of a sort that will never come again):

IMG_1278.jpeg

And he responded with all the expected blindly optimistic spiv-speak.

I wrote to him in a more ā€œI told you so, huhā€ tone after the straight sets exit last year, also chiding the club for the Tredrea-bashing and pre-finals contract extension:

IMG_1279.jpeg

And didnā€™t get a reply.

But wasnā€™t surprised in the slightest after hearing the way he deadbatted exasperated members at the subsequent AGM with ā€˜this is a you problemā€™-style drivel.

An utter waste of time.

Who's to say they weren't?

Your assumption about a Wednesday deadline is false.
Maybe is just because my care factor has gone through the floor and I'm simply not emotionally invested in the outcome like I was a few years ago, but my intuition says "sit tight and trust in Chewy".

Fans on BF are savage. Hes still a young captaim with room to grow. Blame the recruiters and coaches but leave Connor alone

Connor turns 25 in January.

Warren Tredrea turned 25 on the eve of the 2004 season.

Travis Boak turned 25 on the eve of the 2013 finals series.

Wayne Carey turned 25 in the middle of the 1996 season.

Heā€™s not a child, his time is right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back