Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

The talk is getting louder about Hinkley "walking away". I think this is happening. The club is definitely preparing the ground for a soft landing for everyone involved. Not sure Hinkley deserves to be seen to go out on his terms. Deserves a very public sacking but oh well.

The talk is getting louder about Hinkley "walking away". I think this is happening. The club is definitely preparing the ground for a soft landing for everyone involved. Not sure Hinkley deserves to be seen to go out on his terms. Deserves a very public sacking but oh well.
We all want to see him drawn and quartered but if the outcome is a bolt gun to the head behind the sheds, the main thing is that one of the worst people in a senior role in the club is gone

I live for the day I refresh big footy and this title is changed to "Sacked Hinkley"

Your average Port fan, when announced.

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

Rozee " as long as we keep turning up with effort we'll get there eventually"

He's well brainwashed and a valuable member of this cult
Robbie Gray probably thought the same thing. You only get a certain number of chances to reach a grand final - eventually the well becomes as dry as a Pommy's bath towel :).

No matter how Hinkley exits, you can guarantee history will be rewritten in the process. He will be framed as a victim of an ungrateful Port Power supporter base who never accepted him, never afforded him the opportunity to prove himself, who never thanked him for tearing up the tarps or inventing Adelaide Oval, etc.

But none of that will matter, because we will finally be rid of him.

No matter how Hinkley exits, you can guarantee history will be rewritten in the process. He will be framed as a victim of an ungrateful Port Power supporter base who never accepted him, never afforded him the opportunity to prove himself, who never thanked him for tearing up the tarps or inventing Adelaide Oval, etc.

I couldn't care less at this point.

If he goes now I actually think it quite unlikely he gets another senior gig. If he does it'll likely be with a cellar dweller like Tassie. So the fact is he will hold the record, quite likely in perpetuity, of the longest serving coach to never reach a GF despite four prelim attempts.

A big drop, a new coach and some high draft picks next year would be nice, but it feels unlikely we will drop too far. We'll have too much talent to bottom out, but mid tier again would of course make sense.

I agree it is all about injuries for us though with our list.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can say all this but the proof will be in the pudding when no other club ever hires him. It's all media rubbish

Our best list ever?

The list that finished the minor round top 4 in 3 of the past 4 years?
Derwaaayne is an idiot.
He tipped us to win the flag a fortnight ago.
Now we don't have the list to make the finals..
The whole " they don't have the list" is Ken's protection racket coming into play again because they know he's gone.

Look what he said 5 minutes ago..

Screenshot_20240923_160220_com_twitter_android_TweetDetailActivity.jpg

We know the truth. To quote Lionel Hutz: There’s is the truth, and there’s is the truth, and we all know the truth for what it is, and anyone that says else is full of IMG_0743.gif

They can say what they like, we'll know the truth.

This is straight-up cover for Hinkley's failure.

If we can keep Houston, the list should be better next year. The only players of any substance who will be gone are Dixon and probably Boak. Dixon in weakened the side. Boak made horrendous errors. SPP will be back to replace any one of our dud small forwards. Our young midfield will have an extra seasons experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back