Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

"Kenny doesn't have the cattle!"

Bullshit. Talent beats poor teams despite mediocre coaching. Mediocre coaching does not beat good teams despite talent.

To consistently beat the best, you need a talented group of players, a fundamentally sound game plan, and a good coach. We have a talented group of players. We have had a talented group of players for a long time. We do not have a fundamentally sound game plan, and we do not have a good coach.

Since the start of 2013 up to and including the weekend just gone, Port have the third-best overall win-loss record of all sides at 165 wins and 111 losses (59.8%). This is, in large part, because of our 79.3% (119W, 31L) win rate against Bottom 10 sides—this is the best record in the league against Bottom 10 sides.

Our record against Top 8 sides over these 12 seasons is 36.5% (46W, 80L)—this is the 6th best record in the league against Top 8 sides.

Our record against Top 4 sides since 2013 is 26.9% (18W, 49L)—this is the 10th best record in the league against Top 4 sides.

Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 15.13.21.png
Notes:
*I have used the Top 4 and Top 8 from the end of the H&A season, not the end of the finals.
*I have counted draws as half a win and half a loss.

Matthew the property developer contracts Ken the builder to build some houses on a large sub-divided block. The facades of the houses are perfect, with beautifully pointed stonework. Ken's done a great job inside—the fixtures and fittings are beyond critique. Even the backyards are beautifully landscaped. Matthew the property developer takes the houses to market and makes a killing.

A few weeks into the settlement period, the new owners call Matthew to say that they're pulling out of their contracts and taking him to court. All of their roofs have blown away, the ceilings have caved in, the wiring has failed and the houses are badly fire-damaged. Matthew ends up losing millions. Ken the builder has gone bankrupt and doesn't want to know about it.

Matthew the property developer, on the brink of bankruptcy himself, comes across some cheap land—he sees an opportunity. He sells his holiday house, pulls his kids out of private school, takes out a second mortgage on his house, and starts looking for a builder. Ken pops up—says he's registered a new ABN, and because he feels terrible about what happened on the last project, offers Matthew a 40% discount. What should Matthew do?

Are we on board with that? I'm not.

I want someone from outside. Untarnished. Fresh Ideas.
It seems that from all reports Carr is locked in, personally I would have liked to see a complete search for a new coach but if it's Carr it's not Hinkley so that's good.
We can give him a go an see where it goes, i'm sure he's got his own ideas.

Last edited:

Alot of you have wanted ken gone since 2017 some of you even before that. You have all shown great patience while going through the angst of Ken leading this club during this time
Just be patient for another few days. After that you will be able to enjoy your summer alot more than you would have thought you were going too.
It's been a nightmare. Just want the Port Adelaide Football Club back.

I really dislike the 'Ken can't play for them comments'.

There's a big difference to kicking to an open forward line vs kicking to a forward line with 36 players in it.
I always think that Ken knows no other way because he pretty much played all his footy like that. They would have bombed it into Ablett and Brownless and the year he played for Fitzroy it would have been Quinlan.

I've been told that Hinkley does not listen to other people or pretty much any suggestions at all so I figure that will be the way we always play.

So Chewy316, if the board is divided, can you shed light on who's in which camp? Obviously Tredrea and Snowdon, the guys that actually understand the game of football ding ding ding are in the sack Hinkley camp, but I would be intrigued to know the loyalties of the others. Im sure the Bean Counter Oborne wants to keep him, Cardone probably does too because he's a Plant, but where are the others?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Chewy316, if the board is divided, can you shed light on who's in which camp? Obviously Tredrea and Snowdon, the guys that actually understand the game of football ding ding ding are in the sack Hinkley camp, but I would be intrigued to know the loyalties of the others. Im sure the Bean Counter Oborne wants to keep him, Cardone probably does too because he's a Plant, but where are the others?

Surely Holly the disruptor is in the sack camp, it seems like a very disruptive thing to do.

I reckon it might get sorted this week but the AFL would really want the focus on the GF and lead up to it, Brownlow, parade etc.....

Maybe Friday? if it's a thing it will be Monday/Tuesday for sure next week.

The fact there has already been a 'walk away story' from Morris maybe makes me think something is up.

Fingers crossed eh.
6pm Saturday would work.

Columbus definitely in the Koch camp, so I suggest would vote accordingly.

Is Hinkley in the exit meetings Chewy316
Scrooge Mcduck Trump GIF

No, this is what he is currently doing!

Ransom would likely be the type of board member that asks edgy questions, refers to irrelevant models to try and look innovative, and uses such a volume of consultancy terminology that everyone just switches off. I doubt she would ever make an informed decision on a matter other than which EAP we use.

So exit interviews for players have already started, is Ken involved?

I'm sure he is but it isn't going to impact his future with the club either way.

Quite frankly the majority of the Board members are probably not even aware of the discussions that are going to be taking place amongst the footy grown ups over the next few days.

It's a good question, but I can't answer it at this point. Not because I don't know it, but rather because I have my limits as to what I can and can't post in here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back