Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Houston.

Ivan Soldo.

Who next?

To stop this shocking exodus of players, I think we should Sack Hinkley.

Has David Koch seen this data?
David Koch has definitely seen that data. The problem is that he is totally clueless in regards to football matters and therefore wasn't able to infer any useful information from that data.

Cassisi and Hinkley's mate Chris Davies would have told Koch that the data meant that Hinkley would eventually turn that trend around.

I genuinely don't think he'll get another extension. If he coaches on into 2025 it will be his final year. And that's why this whole circus is so ludicrous. Why waste another year with this failure pulling the strings when you could be allowing the next coach to get to work right now and put his own stamp on things? It's friggin nuts!
And also enable Port fans to start enjoying their footy again. My love for Port is dead right now, and I need to see change, just to have my engagement with the club return to life support status.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1727151068266.png

The cult of Ken.

1. Unreasonable fear about the outside world.

• Who else we gonna get?
2. No legitimate reason to leave.
  • Judge me by... don't judge me by ...
  • The players love me
3. Followers feel like they can never be good enough.
  • Robbo: The list has holes in it
4. The group/leader is always right.

Last edited:
I'll choose my words carefully as I'm aware I'm a guest here.

There is an argument that could be made that your list isn't the best in the comp, nor was it in any of the past seasons were discussing.
The flip side is if you DO rate it as the best then you need to give Ken massive props for list management.

Personally (and being fully aware you beat us twice this year) I think you have a few areas of list weakness that the top teams can exploit.
After 12 failed years, we owe Hinkley NOTHING!!!

David Koch has definitely seen that data. The problem is that he is totally clueless in regards to football matters and therefore wasn't able to infer any useful information from that data.

Cassisi and Hinkley's mate Chris Davies would have told Koch that the data meant that Hinkley would eventually turn that trend around.
This 'he doesn’t know anything about football' excuse is such a cop-out.

He's been running a football club for over a decade, that's more than enough time to learn.

Perhaps he should take some time to 'learn about the club'?

Farken.

Kingy things a rebuild isa cominnn

Nah, we've actually been good at turning the list over in place. We've got a strong, really strong base. You don't need to rebuild with JHF, Butters, Adopted Son #1, drue, sweet and visitini as you're midfield.

A new coach will give some players a go as well that are sitting there, Sinn looks ready now to jump in for Houston, Meads coming on, if Narkle had played a whole season he'd probably be a nice utility across half forward by now thought he showed good stuff in limited opportunities, etc etc. Marshall could sure as shit do with a new script.

Nah, we've actually been good at turning the list over in place. We've got a strong, really strong base. You don't need to rebuild with JHF, Butters, Adopted Son #1, drue, sweet and visitini as you're midfield.

A new coach will give some players a go as well that are sitting there, Sinn looks ready now to jump in for Houston, Meads coming on, if Narkle had played a whole season he'd probably be a nice utility across half forward by now thought he showed good stuff in limited opportunities, etc etc. Marshall could sure as shit do with a new script.
Agree with most of that besides Narkle.
He's not AFL quality

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by Bombay Softwares

Is he sacked yet FFS !!!

HOW ARE WE ALL STILL WAITING FOR THIS

There's got to be something greasy going on for hinkey to still be here its been 12 years the trophy cabinet is full of spider webbs f*#k sake cut the cord Koch you peasant
I heard there was a dust storm over Alberton the other day - apparently someone left the Port trophy cabinet open.........

I am a long-time reader, particularly of this thread (thanks for the laughs btw). I think it's only fitting that my first post is:

Sack Hinkley.

K9Ed5_PSPP5GfA_1IrYKFlL8Pes=.gif

Kingy is right in that it is Kens list, and the club have loaded up time and time again for Ken to win a flag, and ultimately it's been a failure.

But the core strength of our list is mostly our younger guys. L Evans, Burgoyne, Bergman, Sinn, JHF, Butters, Jones, Rozee, Georgy, Visintini, if Luko lands he's around 25.

I love the way Rioli plays and he's still got a few years left in the tank but we are short on forwards and key backs.

We were younger than the Hawks when we beat them in the semi so I disagree it's full rebuild time.

But if we do a bit of a mini reset, change things up, it needs to he under a new club strategy and new coach. No more cracks with Ken, rip the band aid off and re invigorate this club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back