Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

He's gone on a caravan holiday for the next little while.

But he still has a phone, and I'm sure he has a laptop, so he can still meet on Teams, Zoom etc if necessary.

This is bad for us if a decision hasn't already been made. We need our biggest advocate in the room. Teams is fine, but it's not the same as meeting face to face.

I worry the board isn't taking what should be the biggest decision the club has made for over a decade very seriously.

One or two of his kids have special needs and he doesn’t want to move around to disrupt healthcare/childcare/schooling, I think?
As a father of 2 autistic boys, I can attest to the fact that the care for kids with special needs kids in SA is second to none.

This is bad for us if a decision hasn't already been made. We need our biggest advocate in the room. Teams is fine, but it's not the same as meeting face to face.

I worry the board isn't taking what should be the biggest decision the club has made for over a decade very seriously.
May be there is no decision to be made, Ken has a contract for 2025.

I feel like tredders being on holiday is a kick in the teeth... Yes we have zoom and all the other shit these days... But I think if anything was gonna go down... Tredders would be here in the thick of it.
Unpaid director having a holiday with his family during school holidays. I don’t have a problem with this.

This is actually true. He is on a holiday.

But I can't help but feel like if he was on ground, he'd be pushing a lot harder for change.

I so hope I am wrong, but get a feeling soon enough we will see a message from Chewy316 to say that Ken's staying but a succession plan will be announced. I just can't see why it takes the board so long (not just thing year, but across the last 5 years) to see we have the wrong guy at the helm

Not really; he can still say what he needs to say in the middle of woop woop. The thing that Tredders will miss out on is smashing a chair over anyone head that still wants to keep this bum here. IMG_0762.JPG

One or two of his kids have special needs and he doesn’t want to move around to disrupt healthcare/childcare/schooling, I think?
With that clarity I retract my questioning of Carr’s motives and apologise to all and sundry I offended.

Rowey on 5aa asked Tredrea if he would rather lose a prelim or lose a GF, his response was well you don't want to die not knowing and continued with if I could I would play in the 2007 GF over again.

He also said that there are always going to be 17 losers in the comp and seemed comfortable with where our club finished, well that's how I took it any way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowey on 5aa asked Tredrea if he would rather lose a prelim or lose a GF, his response was well you don't want to die not knowing and continued with if I could I would play in the 2007 GF over again.

He also said that there are always going to be 17 losers in the comp and seemed comfortable with where our club finished, well that's how I took it any way.
I would be very comfortable with where our club finished if this was Carr in his 3rd year playing a gameplan that is capable of winning a premiership. Under Ken, in his 12th year, with a poor gameplan, I can bet he is not comfortable whatsoever inside. Has to put on a different face for the outside world

af951ced5656e410a2ca02b0ca8cfabb.jpg

This is roughly how the press conference should go

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can’t take it back without knowing his reasons. He’s one of my favourite players of all time and I suspect a close mate of Chewy.

The last time I met with Carr personally was 2003, so there goes your theory.

Don't sleep on Snowdon.

I wanted more than nothing, the generic “family reason” is well known, my assumption was it was kids embedded in school in SA, which is I’m sure what Carr has said publicly.
Now can we get back to the real reason for this thread and Sack Hinkley.

That's the problem, there's no decision to be made so they can hide from it. It's just bizarre that last year if we lost to Sydney then he was gone or if we lost to st kilda this year but after embarrassing finals losses year after year it's ah well. Like it's the most unprofessional joint around. Whoever put their hand up and agreed to extend him on an expiring contract should walk with him out the door. If this was any other club or business and you made a call that bad in their position you'd be expected to own it for the good of the business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back