Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

It does bewilder me how the club can -

Be one loss away from sacking him multiple times over the last two seasons

Witness him booed by our own fans at home games

Witness us lose big games in the exact same fashion year on year, with a highly criticised game-plan

Allow him a longer break than usual to address his mental health

While simultaneously having Josh Carr waiting in the wings for years for a succession to take place.......and still willfully back him in to coach out the last year of his contract, whilst bringing with it a huge amount of unwanted media attention!

I honestly believe at this point it's more about broken egos and fear of job losses than simply whats best for the club. In fact it's blindingly obvious.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richardson told the AGM that they fear a player exodus in the event Ken leaves.

Koch believes if we ever have another truly bad year we’ll be transported back to windswept AAMI Stadium in Sunday twilight.

We’re beholden to preconceptions and feelings that tip the scales in favour of Hinkley’s ongoing presence by default.

Yeah a player exodus right now wouldn't be a bad thing. Didn't hurt Brisbane.

He will believe in anything if it prolongs his employment/makes him look like a victim.
Loves playing the victim. Thrives on it. Such a fake, disingenuous soul is crybaby Kenny. I'm fully expecting "I'm not a coward" Trump-like fist pumping defiance at the B&F as he climbs out of his 'extended break' with William Wallace type braveness.

Last edited:
Chewy316 defends Koch openly. No need to read between the lines.

Moreover, although I think he wants Hinkley gone, he never said he’s acting to sack him. He merely shares with us some of the intel he gets from people in the club.

There are others who do the same. We take what we get, and we try to figure out what’s actually going on there. That’s the whole thing, really.
There are plenty of other things to glean than just the obvious.

A small group of players will leave when Ken goes - you'd expect that after the boss leaves after 13 years. It'll be the first change in coach for all of them, so makes sense it might prompt some to consider options.

The same as how a leader in any organisation leaving after a while often triggers a few team members to consider what's next for them.

You can't not act because of that.

The Dew reports is a smoke screen imo, there is nothing on the AFL or Port websites. The club wants us to think they are bringing back an old Port favorite to take the heat away from Hinkley.

The news said they were looking at Dew as an assistant, really poor Carr. If there is any truth to the report, i just can't see carr and Dew working with stupid.

Our only hope is that it's true and Dew is lined up to be an assistant coach to Carr, a long shot but who knows. I just don't think Hinkley will be able to stand the heat coming his way next season if he stays, I doubt very much that our draw will be as kind and finishing 2nd or higher is very unlikely, he's so better off leaving now.

This thread is always why I'm a bit tin hat about the influence of the club and Koch on this forum because the vanillarisation was so apt and horribly true but it got changed.

There was no real reason to change it.

IIRC I think it just turned into just DAvid Koch and then it was realised it needed a bigger title and then you've got two working titles with David Koch, the real one and the fake one.

Threads about Hinkley just usually make their way into the Sack Hinkley thread eventually.

The AFL, the AFL media, the PAFC and its media arm are very active in trying to quell anything remotely negative about the club and especially the players but Hinkley is in another fantastical bubble.

I like Chewy but if you read his words of wisdom but if you read between the lines, , you can see where his allegiances are.

Sheesh, it's hard enough babysitting you lot, I'd hang up my cards if I also had to take directions from the regime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chewy316 defends Koch openly. No need to read between the lines.

Moreover, although I think he wants Hinkley gone, he never said he’s acting to sack him. He merely shares with us some of the intel he gets from people in the club.

There are others who do the same. We take what we get, and we try to figure out what’s actually going on there. That’s the whole thing, really.

Lol

I honestly believe at this point it's more about broken egos and fear of job losses than simply whats best for the club. In fact it's blindingly obvious.

“… at this point…” 😂

The worst thing is kerny has turned our players into a pack of losers who are satisfied with just making the finals. We finished second, yet I didn't hear one comment about it burning in the guts that they weren't out there on grand final day, or that watching Brisbane celebrate made them want to push harder next year. Nope, just a mission accomplished vibe for winning one final and talk of how incredibly proud they were.

Look how gutted Hawthorn were when they lost. That's a culture that drives success. We're scared of finals and glad when they're over.

And ken Hinkley is the never-ending nightmare who drives it all
Koch's speech on Friday night will tell all. No doubt he'll announce that the year was another outstanding success. and under master coach Kenny Hinkley, the future has never looked brighter.

Rest assured that Dew isn't coming to be just another assistant coach, he's coming to be Carr's right hand man.

People need to understand that there are two realities at the club and they operate concurrently. The first reality is actively planning for the future under Carr. The second reality is a group of people that we could all easily name who are hopelessly invested in the Hinkley family and desperately try to kick the can down the road at all times.

You couldn’t pay me to attend the clubs B & F night.

- They’ll start the night by ramming another ‘Welcome to Country’ down your throats, at least the JWs knock first.

- The professional Bullshitter will deliver another token speech using the exact same notes he penned down in 2017, only changing the date to, 2024.

- Holly Ransom will take to the stage & ramble on about overcoming adversity & cultural leadership strategies, while using quotes from her childhood heroes like Jacinta Adern, Justin Trudeau & Barack Obama. Once over, Connor Rozee will be the only one to give her a standing ovation.

- Ken Hinkley will step up to the microphone to a raucous applause with the entire PAFC board (- Tredders) throwing their underwear at his feet & screaming ‘We love you Ken’.

- Dixon will be reading a Wheels magazine in the corner, Boak will miss the urinal every time he takes a piss, replicating his PF Disposal efficiency, Frankie & Williams will likely miss the night all together due to how slow it takes them to walk from the car park to the venue, finally, at the stroke of midnight Chad will get Jed to ‘pressure’ everyone to leave the premises.

Last edited:
You couldn’t pay me to attend the clubs B & F night.

- They’ll start the night by ramming another ‘Welcome to Country’ down your throats, at least the JWs knock first.

- The professional Bullshitter will deliver another token speech using the exact same notes he penned down in 2017, only changing the date to, 2024.

- Holly Ransom will take to the stage & ramble on about topics like overcoming adversity & winning cultural leadership strategies, while using quotes from her childhood heroes like Jacinta Adern, Justin Trudeau & Barack Obama. Once over, Connor Rozee will be the only one to give her a standing ovation.

- Finally Ken Hinkley will step up to the microphone to a raucous applause with the entire PAFC board (- Tredders) throwing their underwear at his feet & screaming ‘We love you Ken’.

- Dixon will be reading a Wheels magazine in the corner, Boak will miss the urinal every time he takes a piss, replicating his PF Disposal efficiency, Frankie & Williams will likely miss the night all together due to how slow it takes them to walk from the car park to the venue, finally, at the stroke of midnight Chad will get Jed to ‘pressure’ everyone to leave the premises.
I wouldn't be able to hold back... I would booooo Koch and ken and end up getting dragged out of there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back