Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dew reports is a smoke screen imo, there is nothing on the AFL or Port websites. The club wants us to think they are bringing back an old Port favorite to take the heat away from Hinkley.

The news said they were looking at Dew as an assistant, really poor Carr. If there is any truth to the report, i just can't see carr and Dew working with stupid.

Our only hope is that it's true and Dew is lined up to be an assistant coach to Carr, a long shot but who knows. I just don't think Hinkley will be able to stand the heat coming his way next season if he stays, I doubt very much that our draw will be as kind and finishing 2nd or higher is very unlikely, he's so better off leaving now.
Have to agree re Dew. It's all damage control to try & appease the supporters.

Meanwhile the Board members

Nicky Rojo Hacky Sack GIF

I'm happy to be shot down in flames but Dew was a worse coach than Hinkley at the Suns.
I think we've all worked out by now that Hinkley is a very good minor round coach but a hopeless finals coach.

Dew had much bigger issues at SUNS to deal with, seemed to have them tracking in a least the right direction, and the greatest coach of the modern era still wasn't able to do much better than Dew. I feel like Dew has laid a lot of ground work for Hardwick.

As an assistant Dew has been excellent and good results have followed him. He was very highly rated at Sydney, hence why he got the job at the SUNS.

Dew was pretty much running the Swans on game day while he was there. Have heard that Longmire is not a great game day coach - and has a tendency to 'freeze' in the moment, and not make any moves when things go wrong (sound familiar?).
Horse is lucky that he has had a series of really strong assistants next to him on game day to run the show, Dew being one of them.

The Williams family would be absolutely aghast at what Port Adelaide has become. The "close enough is good enough' attitude that has permeated the club goes against every fibre of their being.
High up Port official once remarked “it isn’t the Williams football club” re: having them involved in any capacity, coaching or community engagement, etc…

High up Port official once remarked “it isn’t the Williams football club” re: having them involved in any capacity, coaching or community engagement, etc…
Everyone knows it's the Hinkley Football Club

So, coach reviews are done. The media has moved on to trade week. Davies has moved on to trade week. It's over.

They'll hand us a soft as butter opening draw, we'll be 8 and 4 by the bye and Ken will get his extension before we win just 2 games in the entire back half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard that Longmire is not a great game day coach - and has a tendency to 'freeze' in the moment, and not make any moves when things go wrong (sound familiar?).
Horse is lucky that he has had a series of really strong assistants next to him on game day to run the show, Dew being one of them.
correctimundo.

It must suck being a Crows fan but they do things so much better off field, compared to the amateurish ways of the new Port Adelaide.

Well done Koch and the rest of you idiots, you have turned the greatest sporting club in Australia to mediocre laughing stock. Other clubs supporters take the piss that we will be stuck with Hinkley again.

The club has alienated itself from the fans. We go again, with no explanation about another finals exit. What irritates me is the Happy Clappers don't give a shit, as long as they have something to fill in their social lifes.

Pathetic top to bottom. Richardson you would have to the worst, weakest CEO ever employed be the club.

Why do we keep flogging a dead horse when nobody else, past players, coaches seem to give a shit.

A weak club full of excuses for failure, enjoy being 2nd best to Crows, now I believe, that is Port Adelaides rightful place in SA footy, the poor cousin. Like Ken says, you get what you deserve.
Don't worry there are a few thorough campaigners at the Crom. I can't imagine its a great club to be in.

His only motivation is emotion, usually the emotions surrounding his impending sacking, which is why we're so insanely bipolar in terms of when we turn up. He panics in big games and the team panics.

Emotion just doesn't work as a motivator. It's not sustainable. The players actually have to believe they can win.
Spot on - and the other coaches know it too. Chris Scott called us an emotional club after we beat them this season.
He insinuated that the win wasn't tactical genius or payer superiority, but emotion. And when it matters that emotion will let us down. And it did, when they played us on our home deck in a qualifying final.

Richardson told the AGM that they fear a player exodus in the event Ken leaves.

Koch believes if we ever have another truly bad year we’ll be transported back to windswept AAMI Stadium in Sunday twilight.

We’re beholden to preconceptions and feelings that tip the scales in favour of Hinkley’s ongoing presence by default.
Well known in Vic,if ken goes Butters goes,seeya Butters

Sent from my A065 using Tapatalk

Well known in Vic,if ken goes Butters goes,seeya Butters

We're not winning a premiership with a Hinkley / Butters combo so we might as well have neither.

The club is weak if they don't sack him now he doesn't deserve to coach another year. But if the board is split a sacking is unlikely but also an extension beyond next year is also unlikely so there will be at least an end date for Ken.
Carr will coach in 2026
In the meantime all new appointments eg. Assistant coaches must have sole input from Carr and footy committee only no involvement from Ken I suspect this is already happening with the approach to Dew
Once 2026 comes the next steps are to get rid of the others who have held this club back we all know who they are. They can't be let off scott free even after Ken leaves.
No end date,make Top 4 next year he's going nowhere,last 12 years proves that

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back