Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

The jungle drums are beating at Alberton, and the natives are restless. Not satisfied with a top 2 home and away finish and a prelim final, the supporters wanted a scapegoat and they got one. Ken Hinkley, the man who came in with a whirlwind of energy and determination, and revilatised a club that was on the verge of folding after the calamitous seasons of 2011 and 2012.
With ruthless and some would say vindictive determination, the supporters hounded Kenny, plastering the streets and filling the airwaves with calls for his head. Untenable, was the call from Warren Tredrea, a man who is now a board member. Finally, they got their man. The mental toll on Ken and the rest of the Hinkley family must have been extreme. Tonight, on a special episode of AFL 360, we salute one of the great coaches of the modern era, Ken Hinkley.

images

That sure as hell re-defined "great'.

So we have a guy who obtains information freely from the inner sanctum which he shares continuously here and if as we’re led to believe, the club is constantly checking in on these threads and he’s still receiving information.

wtf
Would it be any less professional than anything else the franchise does?

The Caro thing is interesting. Does she have inside info that while not a done deal, Daddy's job is very much in jeopardy?
Does Ken (rightfully) think the club lacks any balls to follow through and actually sack him after years bowing to his demands?

I’ll add onto this and say with Caro and Kane going to 7, both of them would lobby for Ken to get an analysis/special comments role on Channel 7. I find it very weird that she is so concerned about his health.

Looks like I missed alot on 5aa... Had flat tyre 😐

Plus phone battery is almost dead.

Both of these things sum Ken up perfectly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have changed my mind again I think he gets sacked probably after the b & f. He was definately pitching. The way I see it is that the club have decided that's it for Ken but they have tried to convince him to step down so it's seen as his call. Look at how caro is pleading for him to do that to. She knows ken is gone but he is stubborn he is challenging the club to sack him.
Again today I heard that Carr spoke to Richards from Collingwood over the phone. Like he did with lukosious Shouldn't it be the head coach doing this?
You have changed ya mind?

The other day you were posting like you had inside info?

Hopefully the “I’m not giving it away line” Is a response to being asked to walk away, but realistically I think it’s a response to him knowing he’s going to be here next year.
He's hyper-aware he's not wanted by the board and the supporters. This should put to bed once and for all the "good bloke" narrative, the selfless country bumpkin who puts club before self. He is more than aware the toxicity this will create, but Kenny doesn't care. He'd happily destroy the club before foregoing his salary.

From last week. About how Ken should consider stepping aside due to the mental toll it has taken on him. I can't remember who posted it.
She also said she didn't want Ken's legacy to be the aeroplane incident so another year of coaching for everybody to forget that. I think she is playing both sides.

You have changed ya mind?

The other day you were posting like you had inside info?
Not directly someone feeds me rumours who says he is in the know but like I've said before I'm not convinced of his info. Regardless its just my gut feel he may be gone we will know soon enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back