Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Smithers texted Dwayne just then on SEN, says Hinkley to announce leaving at tonight's BnF due to family issues.

I hope Smithers is correct.
Where is the pray emoji?

Sounds like the coaching review didn’t go well.

Ken usually bunkers down after the routine finals shellacking to avoid scrutiny, only bobbing up in the preseason. But now he’s doing interviews to try to sell himself.

And he’s doing it really badly. I’d be concerned if he said something like: “I’ve been reflecting constantly about what happened in the finals, and the fact that we don’t have Dixon next year, and we’re going to change a few things that might surprise you.”

But what he said was that he’s just going to do what he’s always done - be persistent, fight, keep showing up, give it my energy. The only sales pitch he can muster is that he’s going to be the same old Ken.

He’s never reacted in such a way to a coaching review before. Seems like something’s changed, but he doesn’t get it. He thinks that the “same old Ken” schtik is going to work again.
And presumably he also thinks the anger of the fans will magically disappear before round 1, all will be forgiven. Sorry dude - you're in for a helluva ride next year if you don't leave now!!!

This thread is going a bit off the rails but I'm still chuckling at this one - both the suggestion itself as well as the idea that you can "hire" Al Qaeda lol.
Hiring Al Qaeda for a hit with reckless abandon to collateral damage is absolutely in keeping with this thread. Very on brand.

Exactly. Leadership has always been the problem. Piss weak administration and diabolical coaching. All the problems being complained about here were all evident in the Williams years and a lot of the posters here suffer from short or selective memories it seems. Many were baying for Williams' blood towards the end but have now done some incredible 180 degree turn and view him as some kind of deity on the basis of the simple fact he finally fluked a premiership against a battered and sore opposition that had already bagged a threepeat and more than likely didnt have the hunger anyway. The arguments for getting rid of Hinkley are salient and valid but come on- at least have some objectivity. The main problem is that in the AFL world Port' s hisory and tradition count for nought in the eyes of the games custodians. They have constructed a homogenous competition full of franchises and dictate terms to keep it that way. They dont care about the diehard supporters.
Who? Name one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recognise a pretty fair number of names in this thread that were posting the same sort of comments about Williams from about 2008. Too many to list individually.
Right but I can’t imagine the comments were as prevalent 6+ years prior to Williams actually finishing up. BigFooty is far more active now than then so there’s bound to be louder toxicity, but your point about people doing a backflip regarding Williams is a bit misguided. He could back it up, he made it to 2 Grand Finals and won a flag well before people were saying things about him. We’re still waiting for Ken…

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back