Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

You have a very warped concept of what being defeated in argument means. It' s opinion vs opinion and at the end of the day i couldn't care less who coaches. It's football tradition for the fans to pillory the club coach when things go pear shaped and see them as a legend if the club wins flags. Some people take a more objective view particularly those with exposure to the inner workings.
Are you the guy who supports Geelong but has the little port flag for some reason or am I wrong?

Exactly. Leadership has always been the problem. Piss weak administration and diabolical coaching. All the problems being complained about here were all evident in the Williams years and a lot of the posters here suffer from short or selective memories it seems. Many were baying for Williams' blood towards the end but have now done some incredible 180 degree turn and view him as some kind of deity on the basis of the simple fact he finally fluked a premiership against a battered and sore opposition that had already bagged a threepeat and more than likely didnt have the hunger anyway. The arguments for getting rid of Hinkley are salient and valid but come on- at least have some objectivity. The main problem is that in the AFL world Port' s hisory and tradition count for nought in the eyes of the games custodians. They have constructed a homogenous competition full of franchises and dictate terms to keep it that way. They dont care about the diehard supporters.

Williams underperformed as a coach and has rightful detractors, but he still won a flag and made an additional GF in a transitional year.

Hinkley is the clearcut worst 250+ game coach of all time and it's not close.

Comparing the eras is ridiculous and shows a complete lack of understanding of the club and the performances.

Hoping for a resignation tonight at the B&F but I am not holding my breath.

I have social commitments tonight, so I won't be able to watch. I'll be relying purely on the minute to minute updates by dirty2, incoherent as they might be after his third bottle of wine.
I don't even want to watch it... 😭 Prob chuck up from the Hinkley love... Not the drinking.

You have a very warped concept of what being defeated in argument means. It' s opinion vs opinion and at the end of the day i couldn't care less who coaches. It's football tradition for the fans to pillory the club coach when things go pear shaped and see them as a legend if the club wins flags. Some people take a more objective view particularly those with exposure to the inner workings.
"it's like Williams, you guys said all this blah blah blah"

(argument ensues)
...moments later...

"I don't care about Williams anyway"

but okay 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to go into a long winded dissertation on this issue, suffice to say IMO Williams was a shit coach who had a prime list to work with and continually failed, and has repeated the same failure wherever he has gone.
Hmmm.
built up the list from a disastrous place to win minor premierships and a flag the next 4 years.
Top notch coach IMHO.
Probably lost the plot in his final 2 years and finished.
Choco v Kern - chalk and cheese.

If Arteta starts talking like Hinkley then I'll go postal.

"We've got a long way to go before we are a club like Man City."
"The Champions League is scary"
"No one expected us to finish second last year"
"Give me one more crack. We have to keep turning up"
"I've got a great relationship with my old mate Pep"

"We've got a long way to go before we are a club like Man City."
"The Champions League is scary"
"No one expected us to finish second last year"
"Give me one more crack. We have to keep turning up"
"I've got a great relationship with my old mate Pep"
sad 9-1-1 GIF by Global TV

So Ken is all over this morning's press telling the world that Chris Fagan is his inspiration. Ken is telling us that anything a 61 year old Coach can do a 57 year old can emulate.

Someone should tell Ken Hinkley that Port supporters do not have 100 years to wait.
We are still waiting for him to emulate Hardwick lol.

It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen in 50 years of watching footy
It begs the question, is he the number one most hated coach in the history of the sport at the top level? I don’t mean overall when factoring in the fans that love him, I mean the coach who has had the most vitriol fired at him because he’s so hated by fans of his own club. There’s no way he’s not number one in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back