Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Tend to think similar I said 8th to 10th. If we finish that low, with the talent on our list it will be all on Ken and can't see him surviving So we have to go thru pain in 2025 for longer term gain with a new coach for 2026 just frustrating we will be wasting a bloody whole year though. Koch is an idiot

This year was a real pivot point for me, was the perfect point to move on with change.

The board and Koch aren’t up too it.

I have no faith in any change soon.

Can someone (polling group like Morgan's) run a secret members poll to vote do we think Hinkley is the best coach for us and deserves an extension?

And show us the results?
I think even most of those that think he’s OK at the moment feel that it’s all a bit stale by now and would welcome a change, even if it’s just for the sake of change.

I think even most of those that think he’s OK at the moment feel that it’s all a bit stale by now and would welcome a change, even if it’s just for the sake of change.

This is a good call. If we flipped the question and asked "would you be upset if Hinkley was replaced?", I think you'd probably be lucky to find 10% of people who would answer that they'd be upset.

Our record this year was horrible. We won 16 H&A games in 2024 and only 5 were against top 8 teams (including the Hawks & Swans games). We then get to finals and choke.. again.

If we receive a semi hard draw in 2025 we are finished.

I know lots of Port supporters that dont post here, who love Hinkley. thats the majority.

I think the majority doesn’t mind. Just check the number of people who care enough to bother voting.

Thus, there would be two minorities: one, that hates him; another, that loves him. Ultimately, those minorities are the ones who actually determine stuff.

We must outnumber the other minority. We did it when we elected Tredrea. Hence, there are a concrete sign that we are bigger.

However, this in itself isn’t enough. Our constitution is heavily “oligarchic”. There’s a “democratic” element, but it’s too weak. It makes forcing changes harder.

This is great when the leadership is good. However, it’s awful when the leadership is bad. Our leadership is bad, and there lies the issue.

We must both be and look ridiculously bigger than the regime apologists.

I want Hinkley unceremoniously sacked, ridiculed and humiliated. Just like I felt after every showdown loss, after every time he smiles and laughs after an embarrassing loss, after the 2021 prelim and Russell Ebert tribute game.

The only positive about Ken going around again in 2025 is that there is a (very slim) possibility that he will be sacked mid-season.

I think Ken is going to crack 300 games this year.

It is getting to the point where sure he's a bad coach but there is just that even if you love him, we could do with something new. It's just so stale. A new coat of paint.

The most interesting thing for mine coming into the season is what happens to 'bomb it to Charlie' now. We don't have a contested mark like Charlie so the bombing to the forward lines is going to be a huge disaster especially with Mitch and Jack in there.

Hinkley either keeps bomb it to Charlie and we start to lose a lot of game.
Hinkley realises that we need to change the forward line and have players lead.

Honestly, the way Hinkley operates it will probably still be bombing it in until we lose, he changes to leading forwards and wins again and then we make finals and he goes back to bombing it in again.

Kane was asked about Adam Yze, and while he talked about him, he also said he thinks it’ll be Ken’s last year. Even he thinks the end is near.

I wouldn't bother quoting Kane. One, he's said this a few times before, and two, t's quite natural to judge a coach‘s final year when they're entering their 9th 10th 11th 12th 13th year without no silverware to show. Kane has continuously done an about face when Kenny starts winning games.

Can someone (polling group like Morgan's) run a secret members poll to vote do we think Hinkley is the best coach for us and deserves an extension?

And show us the results?
There is something so hilariously absurd about this.

"Do you think that the least successful coach in V/AFL history is the best coach for Port Adelaide?"

Yet we'd still have at least 20% of fans saying yes lol

What planet am I even living on

It is getting to the point where sure he's a bad coach but there is just that even if you love him, we could do with something new. It's just so stale. A new coat of paint.

The most interesting thing for mine coming into the season is what happens to 'bomb it to Charlie' now. We don't have a contested mark like Charlie so the bombing to the forward lines is going to be a huge disaster especially with Mitch and Jack in there.

Honestly, the way Hinkley operates it will probably still be bombing it in until we lose, he changes to leading forwards and wins again and then we make finals and he goes back to bombing it in again.
Stale. Pale. Boring. Bereft of hope and enthusiasm.

Kane was asked about Adam Yze, and while he talked about him, he also said he thinks it’ll be Ken’s last year. Even he thinks the end is near. He also claims Houston is a certainty to not be here next year.

As much as I hate Ken and want him gone, at least it’s only one more year. It’ll be a nothing year, but I want to see us pumping games into youth like Lorenz, Tommy A, Jackson, Sinn, Walsh, and the picks we get for Houston. Making finals is another must. I also want to see the club allow Carr to insert more of his game plan.

Ken gets his last paycheck, and we can get excited by the growth of our youth for the years after Ken.
One more wasted year and we are not going to find the best candidate for the job, just move Carr in who has been corrupted already, he knows what is acceptable standards are for the Kock, Richardson, Davies and our pathetic board.

Unless their are bigger changes, then nothing changes.

As much as I like Josh, the club owes it to it's members to do their due diligence and scour Australia and do interviews to find the best possible person

If you want to be the best, you have to hire the best. It's that simple.

For Carr to turn this club around, it's going to take a super human effort, as we witnessed at the B&F, this softness and the acceptance of failure is now part of the Port Adelaide culture.

When We used to follow the Club back when we only had 35,000 members, we had a strong culture and supporters were all as one, now we also have the new age supporter that treats Port as an entertainment part of their life, to us Port were an actual part of our lives where we would sacrifice family outings and making sure we had the cash for membership, it was always like nah sorry Port are playing today.

Good luck Josh Carr you're going to need it.

Just one more thing, to all you Happy Clapper Hinkley loving people, I hope you will all still be there when times get tough because the wheel keeps turning, I suppose when it's not fun for you anymore, you will move on the next band wagon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be the first person to coach 27 games in a season

Edit: well sheit I didn't realise you could actually do that with gather round now and Fagan actually coached 27 this year.

Still that would mean donuts has to make a grand final and that isn't happening.

Edit 2: he's on 274 not 273 so he only needs 3 finals again. Definitely possible. I just felt positive for the first time at the thought of Kenny Hinkley 300, getting done by 80 points in a prelim and sacked after 😳 would be poetic.

Last edited:
I think the majority doesn’t mind. Just check the number of people who care enough to bother voting.

Thus, there would be two minorities: one, that hates him; another, that loves him. Ultimately, those minorities are the ones who actually determine stuff.

We must outnumber the other minority. We did it when we elected Tredrea. Hence, there are a concrete sign that we are bigger.

However, this in itself isn’t enough. Our constitution is heavily “oligarchic”. There’s a “democratic” element, but it’s too weak. It makes forcing changes harder.

This is great when the leadership is good. However, it’s awful when the leadership is bad. Our leadership is bad, and there lies the issue.

We must both be and look ridiculously bigger than the regime apologists.
For the Happy Clappers to turn, it has to stop being fun, that's right fun.

We love Port with a passion they are all about fun and entertainment. When it stops being fun, they will stop attending.

That is what it will take to get a smart decision out of this spineless egotistical board.

Mathew Richardson would have to be the weakest most pathetic CEO in Port Adelaide history, yes even worse than the Norwood flog.

Kane was asked about Adam Yze, and while he talked about him, he also said he thinks it’ll be Ken’s last year. Even he thinks the end is near. He also claims Houston is a certainty to not be here next year.

As much as I hate Ken and want him gone, at least it’s only one more year. It’ll be a nothing year, but I want to see us pumping games into youth like Lorenz, Tommy A, Jackson, Sinn, Walsh, and the picks we get for Houston. Making finals is another must. I also want to see the club allow Carr to insert more of his game plan.

Ken gets his last paycheck, and we can get excited by the growth of our youth for the years after Ken.
So why not do it now?...

It literally flies in the face of the realities of elite sport, let alone a club that claims to ‘exist to win premierships’ and be ‘chasing greatness’.

Koch also takes too many of his cues from the media.

Just because the laughably-conflicted Gerard Whateley says the sun shines out of Ken Hinkley’s arse, doesn’t mean you have to clamour for a pair of Oakleys.

Just because Kane Cornes and every other eastern seaboard donk thinks Ken Hinkley is performing miracles getting a squad containing a billion All-Australians, first-round picks, father-sons and high-priced recruits near the pointy end, doesn’t mean it’s true.

If you set out your stall to win a flag, sacrifice your longer-term salary cap and draft capital to do it — and finish top-3 at the end of the minor round four times out of five — you should probably be making Grand Finals and winning premierships, instead of delivering national humiliation and boasting about bouncing back to pip 7th-place in a home repechage.

I seriously wonder what part of Ken Hinkley sitting on that bench smashing diet soda, carrying on like a pork chop when he’s not a stone-faced zombie, and clamouring for his headset whenever the camera’s on him, makes the suits in charge believe he’s some sort of magical figure we can’t risk losing against any alternative.

Is it the “hmmm let’s start our oldest, sh¡ttest field kick across halfback” or “let’s bomb long to a battered bloke who can barely move” Preliminary Final tactical masterclass that wowed them, or?

Because if they’re putting any stock in the “omg he cried! that must mean he really cares!” or “geez! he still wants to come back?! that must mean he’s extra-determined to get the flag he deserves [sic]!” nonsense, there is literally no point to this club anymore.
Those 2 slogans need to be altered to "We exist to win nothing", and "Chasing our tails".

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back