Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

kane cornes
The Rock Wrestling GIF by WWE

Yep. JHF and Robbie Gray have a lot to answer for…

Wingard too. We don’t make the finals in 2013 without him playing at an AA/B&F-level beyond his Showdown heroics.

If we were subject to proper sports journalism and scrutiny this line of thinking would be common knowledge — that Ken has gotten by on all-world contributions from a unique cadre of hyperelite footballers.

Instead, 12 years in, the popular narrative is still that poor Kenny is a tortured genius performing miracles with a roster of duds.

Every time I come in here, there is always someone asking if he’s getting sacked.

The answer is no. It was answered by Kochie right after the win vs Hawthorn.

You people need to come to terms with the fact that Hinkley is coaching Port Adelaide next season.

Your club and Kochie have to stay strong and make sure they don't give Kern an extension going into next season.

Most clubs (idiotically I might add) are seemingly crumble undue immense pressure from the media to re-sign their incumbent coach to an extension going into the final season in their contract (Freo have a similar problem coming up with the underachieving Longmuir)

The encouraging news is gradually more and more in the mainstream Vic based media like Caro and Purple are no longer as enamoured of Ken as they once were, only Slobbo seems to be the one here who still defends Kern to the hilt.

Your club and Kochie have to stay strong and make sure they don't give Kern an extension going into next season.

Most clubs (idiotically I might add) are seemingly crumble undue immense pressure from the media to re-sign their incumbent coach to an extension going into the final season in their contract (Freo have a similar problem coming up with the underachieving Longmuir)

The encouraging news is gradually more and more in the mainstream Vic based media like Caro and Purple are no longer as enamoured of Ken as they once were, only Slobbo seems to be the one here who still defends Kern to the hilt.
I truly believe that next season will be his last.

I honestly cannot see him lasting next season before the bye. I could inevison a scenario where Port start the season 1-3 and the Port board finally decide to pull up stumps on Ken.

That would be an ideal timeframe to give Josh Carr ample time as caretaker coach (19 or so games) whether he is up to being the next full time coach of PAFC or not.

It feels like deja vu you posting this but the fücked thing is that I know you've posted it multiple times before in the same thread, and for good reason. It's truly mental.

If the Chairman is portraying 2024 as a wild success and actively denouncing booing members as “bastards”, there’s every chance this emotionally-unstable pr¡ck will bilk us again.

All it will take is another 8-3/9-4/10-5 start and the ballwashing media led by Whateley, Kornes and Rucci will be clamouring for another extension using all the preconceived talking points from last time.

• Removing the question of Ken’s future as a distraction going into a finals campaign.

• Why would you hand over to Josh or any other untried assistant and upset the apple cart when things are going so well?

• Kenny™ deserves it.

🤪

Yep.

Consider that Hinkley and his management will 100% push for an extension and get Caro and Kornes to attempt to shame the club into it.

Consider that David Koch ****ing loves giving contract extensions to this guy.

Consider that we'll probably have a string of wins and sit with a positive W/L record at some point next season.

We are already dangerously close to an extension.

the thing that gives hope is the "toll" and "stress" they keep going on about, they're making all the excuses imaginable for Ken stepping down due to mental fatigue, which of course easily lends itself to blaming nasty too-demanding Port fans who still think it's 1981, they can roll that out nicely next year

No Club sacks a coach when the team finished second on the ladder
All that needs to be said here, is we didn't finish second on the ladder. The ladder is post Grand final, not home & away. Otherwise we'd have four Premierships. We finished fourth. All that needs to be said, is from 2015 onwards we have not finished higher on the ladder after finals, then when they started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.

Consider that Hinkley and his management will 100% push for an extension and get Caro and Kornes to attempt to shame the club into it.

Consider that David Koch ****ing loves giving contract extensions to this guy.

Consider that we'll probably have a string of wins and sit with a positive W/L record at some point next season.

We are already dangerously close to an extension.
HE'LL PASS HIS AUGUST EXAM AGAIN AND PROVE THE BASTARDS WRONG!

the thing that gives hope is the "toll" and "stress" they keep going on about, they're making all the excuses imaginable for Ken stepping down due to mental fatigue, which of course easily lends itself to blaming nasty too-demanding Port fans who still think it's 1981, they can roll that out nicely next year

The only thing that would give me greater pleasure than a sacking is Ken Hinkley stepping down because he can't handle getting booed every week.

Make those signs and banners people.

HE'LL PASS HIS AUGUST EXAM AGAIN AND PROVE THE BASTARDS WRONG!

Koch has said straight out that making finals is a pass mark for this regime

If we lock in finals coming in to the last few weeks of the season, the usual suspects within the club are going to be pushing for an extension.

Unfortunately, to believe that you have to realise that is the most logical action (outside of sacking him right now). We've passed logical decision making from the club regarding Hinkley, in the rear vision mirror so long ago, that we've lapped the globe a few times since.

As we know Koch is the main roadblock. Getting rid of Ken won't be done unless it can be sold as Koch showing how smart he is AND that he wasn't wrong to ever extend Ken previously. I can't see any way that can be done (outside we're bottom 4), unless Ken's willing to agree to a contrived 'mental burnout' type stepping away. This allows Koch to lavish praise on him for staying with us, despite the effect on him, and (in Koch's eyes) getting some reflected 'glory' for sticking with him so long.

Which is were it comes down to fans booing him at games and stickers or the like publicly. Hinkley is thin-skinned and hates Port supporters, only continual public pressure on him can get him to the point where he'll agree (with taking all his money of course!) to a partings of the ways. Otherwise he'll be there next year, expecting another extension and if Koch hasn't had a heart attack and been replaced (although knowing the club they'd promote Richardson into the role) it'd be greater than 50% odds he'd get it.

Last edited:
One look at Ken's erratic behaviour in 2024 indicates he was severely affected by the white noise. He cracked big time. So somebody's hearing it.
Diddy Donuts has been on egde for a while now. The Feds have been tipped off. When the roller blinds go down at the house, all of the baldies lather themselves in baby oil and get their freak on.

Former Manchester United midfielder & club legend Paul Scholes provided some wonderful insight following another dour showing by United over the weekend.

When he joined the club it was all about winning Titles & Trophies, now the bench mark of success appears to be just qualifying for Europe. It slowly eats away & negatively shifts the cultural mindset which becomes very hard to break out of once the rot sets in.

This is exactly the same problem that we face, but for some reason it just gets continually glossed over & ignored.
Please don't compare us with Man Utd. I love it when they are shit.

And that scumbag Whatley

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back