Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our next 3 are Suns, Sydney, Hawthorn.

Get over those 3 and we are 11 and 4.

Hopefully the troops are back for Melbourne.

After that we can truly find out if Ken should survive past 2021.
are you on drugs? you are saying 11-4 like it means something, have you not been watching this football club for the last 5 years.

It's the constant lowering of expectations that gets me. Is it any surprise our players turn to water as soon as any hint of pressure hits them? Near enough is good enough and that's ok, because "we're a good team, not a great team".

Can't wait to see which teams overtake us next season 🙄

Not everyone has lowered expectations, Richo has laid 3 in 5. He's setting a tone the rest don't want to follow

do you ever get the feeling Ken could roll into another club tomorrow and the first thing he would say is 'you get what you deserve'. The used car salesman has never really left him has it. By the way if the football club was a car it would be a 1992 Ford Capri convertible, one of the legendary lemons which im sure Ken has sold many times in a former life

Y'all will think he's a superhero if we make it to 11-4*

*we won't make it to 11-4
Typical pessimistic comment.
sack him for inciting football negativity to the port adelaide football club and their appointees by continually promoting a 7/8 container empty negative attitude.
sack him now, not next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley is the top guy. And if you don't get results as the top guy then you ultimately are responsible and should be moved on. I get it.
But... Head coaches are overrated. Look around you. How many coaches are shit then good or good then shit. There are plenty of examples and if you don't recognize that then you are pretty thick. What is the common denominator? Better/worse players, better/worse assistant coaches, better/worse fitness, better/worse game plan.? Clarko has the same game plan just not the cattle. What's Goodwin done to go from spud to potential premiership coach?. Nicks was regularly ridiculed on this forum as a spud when he was assistant here. He still might be. I doubt Hinkley would override what the fwd coach or the midfield coach does on game day. That's modern management/coaching. It is no longer dictatorial.
We were beaten too many times too easily in the contested one on ones last night because class doesn't run deep enough in this group. What the head coach should be good at is motivation. Maybe that is Kens fault. It's all about personal responsibility today.
You still have to get the player/s to believe. Some don't or are just a bit thick.

I was at the first game of the Hinkley era, where we entered the MCG against Melbourne as considerable underdogs, but swaggered out as 12-goal winners — with it plainly obvious our young team was on the cusp of something special, and Neeld’s Dees were on the verge of Chernobylesque disaster with a diabolical list many years away from being competitive, let alone a threat.

Fast forward eight and a half seasons and one of these clubs is staring at a long-awaited premiership, at least.

Let's not even discuss the respective fortunes of Richmond and Port Adelaide since that 2014 Elimination Final....

'Hinkley said Marshall’s injury inside the first five minutes of the game played a part in the loss.
“When you’ve got an intercept marking team against you who rely on getting the ball off you in the air,” he explained.'

Lol. Like this is the first time we've been destroyed by intercept marks inside our 50. It's basically the tried and tested gameplan on how to beat Port.

Serious question - was there a rule change that came in on coaches contracts where the maximum payout is 6months regardless of how much time is left on the deal?

AFL clause that allows clubs to sack coaches and only pay out six months of their contract.

The AFL made the move in 2019 for AFL-funded clubs and it kicks in regardless of the length of the coach’s contract.

Clubs have previously had to pay out huge contracts in order to sack their coaches.

Essendon had to give Matthew Knights a $1 million payout to move on from him, while Adelaide did similarly with Brenton Sanderson.

When Ken Hinkley was appointed coach:

- Travis Boak was three years younger than Ollie Wines is now.
- Ollie Wines was still a month from being drafted.
- Lachie Jones had barely reached double digits.
- Tom Jonas was a thirteen-game rookie.
- Adelaide Oval was a construction site.
- I had hope.

are you on drugs? you are saying 11-4 like it means something, have you not been watching this football club for the last 5 years.

No.

I would have sacked Ken years ago.

I don't think Ken will win us the premiership this year.

If he doesn't I would 1000% sack him at the end of this year.

Having said that, Ken COULD still prove us all wrong and I don't think we can judge him until we get the troops back and start our charge to the flag in earnest. As we learnt last year the minor round means nothing, the first half of the minor round even less.

Let's not even discuss the respective fortunes of Richmond and Port Adelaide since that 2014 Elimination Final....

Alright, let’s throw in the Western Bulldogs after we smoked them by 12 goals to go 11-2 in 2014.

Not everyone has lowered expectations, Richo has laid 3 in 5. He's setting a tone the rest don't want to follow

He's laid 3 in 5? I should start calling him Mick Jagger :p

What does that mean, sorry I'm very tired from last night.

'Hinkley said Marshall’s injury inside the first five minutes of the game played a part in the loss.
“When you’ve got an intercept marking team against you who rely on getting the ball off you in the air,” he explained.'

Lol. Like this is the first time we've been destroyed by intercept marks inside our 50. It's basically the tried and tested gameplan on how to beat Port.

Hahaha the injury to Marshall happened in an intercept marking contest with Marshall caught metres behind the contest after a poor forward entry.
Onya Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back