Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hate it if my coach spoke like that to us, and about us.

But we have players that want to obviously be caressed and feel as though as long as they fight, it doesn't matter if they lose to a better team.

We will always coast through the competition. There's no fight or hunger when the job gets tough, because we are a good team, not a great team yet.

FU-CK imagine hearing that as a player!

Ken Hinkley. You saw Nathan Buckley take the lead and do the honourable thing by stepping down during the week. It's time you put the club before yourself and do the same. Go fishing and enjoy your remaining years. You've made enough money to do that.

Especially if he thinks we are not a great team yet. Stop wasting everyone's time. We are meant to be challenging for a premiership - the time is NOW to be a great team.

Serious question - was there a rule change that came in on coaches contracts where the maximum payout is 6months regardless of how much time is left on the deal?
Doesn't really matter. No club is going to sack a coach when they are making finals, especially not us.

We need to bottom out like Collingwood have, or hope he gets tired of coaching and leaves.

Especially if he thinks we are not a great team yet. Stop wasting everyone's time. We are meant to be challenging for a premiership - the time is NOW to be a great team.

He's in his NINTH season. The time for that sort of rhetoric was 2013-14, not when you're coming off a minor premiership and a preliminary final.

Did anyone think we'd win in the last, even when we were two kicks up?

Did the players even think we'd win?

I thought we’d last more than 35 seconds before we lost the lead again

I don’t wish ill on Ken personally, I just wish he’d leave the club.

I don’t care how nice of a guy he is, or how much the players like him, he needs to get sacked because in the decade he’s been here we have not gotten results with a talented playing list, and I would think his “near enough is good enough” attitude that has infected the club has poisoned the playing group. Losing is acceptable in his Port Adelaide.

I don’t know how anyone, happy clapper or not, could see him as a success. He’s never made a Grand Final, he’s only finished in the top 4 once (in the Covid shortened neutral venue “I’m out of contract” season), and he consistently can’t get the players up for big games. We always bottle it, and it always seems to be the same way. If he can’t win us the flag then what is the ******* point.

And the thing that really irks me about the Ken apologists is that they think that by wanting him sacked we want the club to lose... I would be as happy as I’ve ever been if we won the flag and he was coach, I’d be happy to be wrong, but he’s demonstrated time and again that he can’t get the results that we want, and if we know he can’t get us to where we want to be then we must sack him.

We used to be ruthless, we used to have a winner’s mentality... We haven’t for some time and the attitudes currently on display just show how far the club has strayed from what made us great

Move him on and let someone else take this list forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more, ruthless is the Port Adelaide Football Club that I grew up supporting, a club that lived 'The Creed' without compromise or diversion ....today's Port Adelaide I hardly recognise unfortunately.
I watch Hinkley's press conferences and overall performances and I don't see a leader that is on the cusp of greatness, I see a limited coach that looks bereft of ideas and genuine belief in his own ability.
A ruthless club would of relinquished Hinkley of his duties at the end of 2016 but here we are so many years later for which the identity of this once great club is continuing to fade beyond recognition.
If we can't sack Hinkley then at least demote him to a position within the club that is well away from the players, with any luck he might realise that his future lies elsewhere for which he and the club can part ways by mutual consent.

2021 Port Adelaide after 12 games: 5th, Won 8, Lost 4. 118%

2004 Port Adelaide after 12 games: 4th, Won 8, Lost 4. 116%

By all means book flights to Melbourne on Grand Final weekend but a word of warning the only Port Adelaide player you might see will be in the half time 100 metre sprint.

You would swear this thread was from 2016. Rinse and repeat, nothing is going to change at Port any time soon. :mad:
Hinkley is like the domestic violence perpetrator who keeps telling their victim that they will change and things will be better next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The year is 3021 and we're still not there yet.
mAoyXDl.png

Ken Hinkley. You saw Nathan Buckley take the lead and do the honourable thing by stepping down during the week. It's time you put the club before yourself and do the same. Go fishing and enjoy your remaining years. You've made enough money to do that.
Fat chance. A guy like Hinkley will milk a sucker like Koch for all he's worth.

He's run out of ideas. The dignified thing to do would be to walk away.

Even if he had any reasonable ideas at some point during his tenure, and I'm not sure he did, the players need a new voice telling them what to do every few years. He's gone completely stale. The only reason they like him is because he presents as some kind of father figure who'd give them an advance on their pocket money if they asked nicely.

I thought we’d last more than 35 seconds before we lost the lead again

The clock read 15:55 remaining and there was a boundary throw in inside Geelong's forward 50. We'd just gone 2 goals clear but I knew very well we'd quickly give up 1 of those at that stoppage.

What I didn't expect was that by the time the clock read 15:04, we'd have given up 3 goals.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think Ken is going to walk away. He legitimately thinks he can lead us to the promised land.

It’s flattening to think we gave him an extra couple years. I’d love to see what a young intelligent coach could do with our side (Sam Mitchell, Yze, Montgomery even).

Last night panned out the same way it always does when we come up against an organised well structured side. We are mentally weak. To give up that 21 point lead in the 2nd qtr was awful and could have been impacted from the coaches box. Get to half time 3 goals up and it’s a diff game

I actually don’t care as much as I used to which is good for life but a bit sad that it’s come that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back