Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His press conference was depressing. Looked defeated. Had no answers. Gave no reasons or excuses. Just sort of spent 9 minutes saying we couldn't score and they could, which isn't exactly insightful.

It's going to be a very long year. And as I posted even before last night's meltdown, he won't see the end of it.

You see, we have a self perpetuating conundrum. Our president is weak and is driven by his ego. Our CEO is at best an experienced mid-level business manager. Way under qualified to be a transformational CEO. Our board is passive. Our head coach is a fraud. The only way we will see a change is for the players to continue the capitulation and for relentless member pressure. But they will wait to the very last rounds this year to sack him.

P#ss weak leadership over extended period creates big holes that take significant time to get out of. And creates a culture of mediocrity that eats the ethos of the club from the inside - from coaches, to administrators, players and the un-football-educated supporters. I feel the tide is turning but this will take a while...

But 1st step sack Ken and rid the club of Koch

Last edited:
Port Adelaide doesn't sack its coaches mid season etc ... well for the absolute majority of our past coaches the custodians of the time didn't have to. The past custodians didn't manufacture a circumstance of having a coach for 10 years, without success, and still failing dismally!! **** me, this club is going to wait for Ken to make the call to walk or not! These current custodians' interpretation of Port Adelaide is way off the mark.

Hinkley must not be coaching in 2023 (even next week) but Koch must definitely step down for backing him.

Koch is here for the life membership, and for those that watched the film, Koch isn't ever going to sit in McLean's chair (but I reckon he secretly has).

Last edited:
So we’re chasing greatness with 3 flags in 5years and we’ll probably end up sacking the coach mid plan.

It won't be framed like that of course, it will be a "resignation".

At which point the club will totally double down on the propoganda re Hinkley saving the club and then quickly move on to something else to distract us from their relentless and unabated failure over decades.

"Look over there Power fans, baby Connor ran around in a circle!"

I voted for sacked after the showdown in the new poll. I've seen grand finalists bounce back after losing the first two games but rarely see any teams starting 0 - 3 even make the finals, much less make it to the top 4 and actually contend for the flag.

But my god, my GOD, last night was a real confidence destroyer. It's no secret the club didn't handle the prelim loss well over the off season and simply sat on it. We're playing like lost puppies atm.

Matthew Nicks is basically Ken's bread and butter though. If he can't still at least win another showdown over Matty than this season, as well as his job, is well and truly done.

Even with a showdown win though, it'll most likely just be further delay of the inevitable. Melbourne and Carlton games to follow won't favour us.
It's not a matter of IF there's a sack anymore, it's a matter of when we see the sack. And I can't even see him getting through the first 5 rounds win more than a single win.

We might end up looking similar to Collingwood's last season amongst all things, the tenth year was the last for both Brad Scott and Nathan Buckley, and same should apply to Hinkley.

Could losing in next weeks showdown be the catalyst for the club to finally recognise he's lost the players and he's not that good?

The list is very good.

The coach is not.

He simply must go.............along with Bassett
Ugh no matter what, I just cant hope to lose a showdown. I still want us to smash the tingles.

It won't be framed like that of course, it will be a "resignation".

At which point the club will totally double down on the propoganda re Hinkley saving the club and then quickly move on to something else to distract us from their relentless and unabated failure over decades.

"Look over there Power fans, baby Connor ran around in a circle!"

IDGAF if we fellate him in the way out, just get him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's something depressing to think about.

Even when Hinkley is finally gone, who has any confidence in the club to make the right choice for our next senior coach?

They will go for the safest, most boring choice imaginable. It will be some no name, untried assistant coach from a top 4 club.

We will then embark on a full rebuild where we scale down expectations for at least 3 years before any level of performance is expected or demanded. A total reinvention of the current (laughable) mantra of "sustained success".

Literally why do any of us even bother? What holes in our lives are we trying to fill by actually following this club?

Even when Hinkley is finally gone, who has any confidence in the club to make the right choice for our next senior coach?

They will go for the safest, most boring choice imaginable. It will be some no name, untried assistant coach from a top 4 club.

We will then embark on a full rebuild where we scale down expectations for at least 3 years before any level of performance is expected or demanded. A total reinvention of the current (laughable) mantra of "sustained success".

Literally why do any of us even bother? What holes in our lives are we trying to fill by actually following this club?
You're right.....that was depressing.

But they aren't Hinkley. For now, it's enough.

Nah full rebuild is not needed there's decent young talent it's just moving on from Gray, Boak, Dixon, Jonas etc.

Of course he won't walk. He's a greedy grub that has milked the club ever since he threatened to piss off to the Gold Coast. In subsequent years he gave us the joy of going 11-4 in 2018 and missing the finals.

Hinkley's game plan isn't entertaining and it doesn't work. It hasn't worked for years. We try and control the possession but can't put anything on the scoreboard because the strategy is to kick it long to the forwards and try and keep it locked inside the 50. The problem is when we don't have the likes of Dixon who can cause a contest, we get it turned over and burnt on the rebound.

Look at the drop in 100+ point games since 2014.

2014: 13
2015:11
2016:7
2017:6
2018:3
2019:5
2020: 1
2021: 5
2022: 0 (so far)
I bet most of those where losses

Nah full rebuild is not needed there's decent young talent it's just moving on from Gray, Boak, Dixon, Jonas etc.

Is there though?

There's Butters who will be good. Duursma, Jones and Georgiades will be at least solid and we hope good.

Who else? Sinn, Mead and the rest of the recent draft picks haven't shown anything at the level. They could be anything or nothing at this stage. Total speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back