Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamish Hartlett was piss weak on radio regarding Ken on the weekend.

"Kenny's a mate of mine and I won't speculate on his future"

Jeezus Warren get the jab & get back on air you were the only one with a spine.
That's essentially Hammer saying "he's cooked and needs to go but I don't want to be the one to pull the trigger". If he had anything positive to say about Ken's future, he would have said it.

Except not for the Jab…..

He’ll pop up soon, are work places mandatory or something?

When watching, or trying to watch, our beloved and revered coach, explain his way out of another loss, I am reminded of that character Chauncey Gardner from the novel/movie "Being There".
Chauncey, played in the movie by Peter Sellers, was actually Chance the gardener for a rich man, an idiot whose only ideas on life were gleaned from watching television. By a quirk of fate, he somehow becomes a feted adviser to the President of the United States because he repeats cliches and phrases he has heard on TV through the years. The upper echelons of the government view him as a deep thinker, when he is just a stupid man. Hinkley is Chance. He never met a cliche he didn't like. He never shows emotion and he never does anything himself. Yet somehow, he still has a lot of people fooled. Of course, you don't need a brain when you enjoy the support of President Koch, who has succeeded in turning us back into a little suburban club.
When the end comes, it'll take about two weeks for the media groupthink to turn around and ask whether perhaps Port should have acted a bit sooner, that the writing was always on the wall, that it was amazing he lasted as long as he did. Let's hope the end comes very soon.

Meh. Hamish has been a part of some of the worst "What Happen Powa?" moments of the last 10 years. It would be a bit much to criticise Ken without that being a reflection on himself.

You know I really feel for Ken, 10 years and our recruiting department just can’t pick players who try hard enough for long enough.

It’s so disappointing, Ken’s never had a real chance at success given no one in our squad over the last decade has wanted to work long and hard.

And yet, even in light of our deficient squad, Ken has managed to make 3 prelims. We’d have won all of them if we had players who just tried that extra bit harder for longer.

Such a shame to see a good man in Ken go out like this. He deserves more time to work harder and longer with players who want to work harder and longer.

To all you Hinkley Haters, just let me ask you this - do you remember what Port Adelaide was like back in 2012? It was a desolate wasteland, we didn’t even have an oval it was just barren land. Ken literally built PAFC headquarters, laying each brick one by one.

Even if he’s sacked today absolutely nobody can say he didn’t get a more than decent run at it. The whole thing about deserving respect or give him a crack to turn it around is truly bizarre.
‘Kenny’ has had mainly a dream run from commentators over the years.

I like how the media is pretending it's a new thing and it isn't like ken had a shit performance as coach for 2015-2019 🥴

Wait wait wait..
‘Don’t tell me you’re hurting’: ‘Laughing’ Bombers savaged after ‘horrible’ showing

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes has hit out at Essendon following skipper Dyson Heppell saying the club was “hurting” after Sunday’s 48-point loss to Fremantle.

Several Bombers players were seen smiling while talking to Dockers players after the game at Marvel Stadium

“I’m old school on this and I don’t care. But the players don’t look like they’re hurting to me. It’s a perception thing,” he said.

Alright, compare the pair, what makes this different to this? Genuinely no difference.
1650324061517.png 1650324217908.png

Except not for the Jab…..

He’ll pop up soon, are work places mandatory or something?
You don’t need the jab to get into venues anymore. I can’t see the AFL mandating vaccinations beyond this year (except Geelong because that’s aged care).
Forget about reading off the teleprompter, get him in the coaches box teaching our young forwards.

When watching, or trying to watch, our beloved and revered coach, explain his way out of another loss, I am reminded of that character Chauncey Gardner from the novel/movie "Being There".
Chauncey, played in the movie by Peter Sellers, was actually Chance the gardener for a rich man, an idiot whose only ideas on life were gleaned from watching television. By a quirk of fate, he somehow becomes a feted adviser to the President of the United States because he repeats cliches and phrases he has heard on TV through the years. The upper echelons of the government view him as a deep thinker, when he is just a stupid man. Hinkley is Chance. He never met a cliche he didn't like. He never shows emotion and he never does anything himself. Yet somehow, he still has a lot of people fooled. Of course, you don't need a brain when you enjoy the support of President Koch, who has succeeded in turning us back into a little suburban club.

Tell me you didn't watch right to the end of Being There without saying you didn't watch right to the end of Being There.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I love this approach. Let's you know exactly where he stands, no bullshit, gets on with it.

If Kane Cornes could just do the same rather than trying to tear the club apart by attacking everybody from the fans to the players by making up crap to try to protect his brother and mate then we wouldn't have to endure so much bullshit streaming out of the media.

"lacklustre" start - losing one game after being 4 goals up is "lacklustre", posting the worst start to a season in our AFL history is a disaster ...

How are fans expected to respond?
We are meant to shut up and be in awe of the fraud who has cost the club 2 premierships

The jab will do that to you, once you have bowed down its pretty easy to keep bending over. Just don't get boosted straight to heaven or hell? The express lane

the real problem is talking about kane cornes every day, i don't watch any media to avoid his name and face and it's all over our forum

Why are we always the bad guys for having expectations? This cancer has aggressively attacked the club for over a decade now. Its no wonder we never perform when the chips are down.

We are such a shit club.

The idea that our expectations are too high is ludicrous because any supporter base with any level of expectation would not be satisfied with what we have dished up since our last premiership.

Let's keep in mind we have an 18 year premiership drought in a league where on average you should win one every 18 years.

Let's keep in mind we have a 15 year grand final drought in a league where on average you should play in one every 9 years.

Our expectations are only high if you think our club is such a piece of shit that we should not expect anything except to exist and that making finals and winning a few games every now and then is overachieving.

The idea that our expectations are too high is ludicrous because any supporter base with any level of expectation would not be satisfied with what we have dished up since our last premiership.

Let's keep in mind we have an 18 year premiership drought in a league where on average you should win one every 18 years.

Let's keep in mind we have a 15 year grand final drought in a league where on average you should play in one every 9 years.

Our expectations are only high if you think our club is such a piece of shit that we should not expect anything except to exist and that making finals and winning a few games every now and then is overachieving.

The Victorian based media (and AFL) are annoyed that we're not Fremantle; supporters rabid enough to pay overs for memberships year on year, passive enough to not really care if they ever win a premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back