Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No director is going to ever come out and slate the coach and say he is under pressure and we are looking at moving him on, particularly when he is contracted next year, and this early in the season. We win tonight, and then North next week - we are prob 4-5 and a game out of the 8. Don't get me wrong, I want the fk wit gone too, but we are not going to get the news he's being punted right now. So, for those reasons, of course they will back him in. Lose tonight though, and we are 2-6, pressure will pile back on.

It is delicate, but have faith that there are people on the board, that despite what they may say publicly, knows that a failure this year should be the end of Ken.
This is why a loss tonight is so ****ing important..... but the exact reason we bloody will win.

2 and 6 and everybody is under no illusion it's all over. The bundle will be dropped. It will alll become about next year. Even the media narrative will turn. Hinkley will be back in the gun.

But a win tonight will keep him off the agenda. We beat the Roos and as you said it's 4 and 5. He's totally off the radar. A loss to Geelong at the Cattery will be completely glossed over because "everybody loses down there", then its a home game against Essendon which you'd pencil in for a win, it's 5-6 at the bye. So now its rond 13. We are getting into the cold weather now. A Friday night away game against a now Dusty fit Tigers. Probable loss. Swans at home - loss. 5-8. Season meanderingly banal. A win against Gold Coast - Yay!! 6-8. Still a mathematical chance peeps! Get your scarves out and wave them in the air! Freo away. Smacked. 6-9. Still a mathematical chance. Next we'll beat GWS. See, still a mathematical chance!! 7-9! Clarkson announced as the new coach of .... GWS/Gold Coast/West Coast.......****ing Kill me.

This is why a loss tonight is so ******* important..... but the exact reason we bloody will win.

2 and 6 and everybody is under no illusion it's all over. The bundle will be dropped. It will alll become about next year. Even the media narrative will turn. Hinkley will be back in the gun.

But a win tonight will keep him off the agenda. We beat the Roos and as you said it's 4 and 5. He's totally off the radar. A loss to Geelong at the Cattery will be completely glossed over because "everybody loses down there", then its a home game against Essendon which you'd pencil in for a win, it's 5-6 at the bye. So now its rond 13. We are getting into the cold weather now. A Friday night away game against a now Dusty fit Tigers. Probable loss. Swans at home - loss. 5-8. Season meanderingly banal. A win against Gold Coast - Yay!! 6-8. Still a mathematical chance peeps! Get your scarves out and wave them in the air! Freo away. Smacked. 6-9. Still a mathematical chance. Next we'll beat GWS. See, still a mathematical chance!! 7-9! Clarkson announced as the new coach of .... GWS/Gold Coast/West Coast.......******* Kill me.
bang on mate. Loss tonight and bundle dropped and a loss to North would be rather hard to recover from..... they are going to win another sooner or later...

I've said it before, Koch is a small businessperson with a small business mentality (that's apart from being an annoying dick). It seems the board is mostly stacked with similar personalities.

Before last year, I had given up my membership for a while and vowed never to rejoin while Koch was at the club. For some reason, I acted against that last year and became a member again. I renewed this year, despite misgivings. If Ken and Koch are here at the end of the season, I'm out again. If Ken is gone but not Koch, I will have to think about it.

Surely if we don't make the 8 he goes. I was hoping Rob Snowden would shake things up on the board and got excited when Matthew Richardson didn't back Ken in, even until the end of the year, when he was asked about it.

I reckon if we go on another losing streak the pressure goes up again.

If Ken is here next year and we don't make the finals, I'm done.

Btw, what exactly did Cahill say? Anyone got a link?

Cahill was soft as butter

6 feet under surely
I must admit that I'm a tad surprised that Fos Williams hasn't crawled out of his grave to personally drag Hinkley kicking and screaming out of the coaches box.

This is why a loss tonight is so ******* important..... but the exact reason we bloody will win.

But a win tonight will keep him off the agenda. We beat the Roos and as you said it's 4 and 5. He's totally off the radar. A loss to Geelong at the Cattery will be completely glossed over because "everybody loses down there", then its a home game against Essendon which you'd pencil in for a win, it's 5-6 at the bye. So now its rond 13. We are getting into the cold weather now. A Friday night away game against a now Dusty fit Tigers. Probable loss. Swans at home - loss. 5-8. Season meanderingly banal. A win against Gold Coast - Yay!! 6-8. Still a mathematical chance peeps! Get your scarves out and wave them in the air! Freo away. Smacked. 6-9. Still a mathematical chance. Next we'll beat GWS. See, still a mathematical chance!! 7-9! Clarkson announced as the new coach of .... GWS/Gold Coast/West Coast.......******* Kill me.
my god you have nailed this to an absolute tee

we’re hoping lol.

We have to sack this muppet.

How many times have we heard shit like this over the past 10 years.

We're hoping to work harder for longer and gee whiz if you're 5% off it's an even competition and youse know the quality of the opposition and yeah, hopefully we maybe win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we beat west coast, and fluked a win in Cairns. You would expect a home smacking by the pooches tonight to put the heat back on the douchebag.

No director is going to ever come out and slate the coach and say he is under pressure and we are looking at moving him on, particularly when he is contracted next year, and this early in the season. We win tonight, and then North next week - we are prob 4-5 and a game out of the 8. Don't get me wrong, I want the fk wit gone too, but we are not going to get the news he's being punted right now. So, for those reasons, of course they will back him in. Lose tonight though, and we are 2-6, pressure will pile back on.

It is delicate, but have faith that there are people on the board, that despite what they may say publicly, knows that a failure this year should be the end of Ken.

TBF start of 2020, Koch came out and said that Hinkley needed to make the finals to keep his job and we had our best season in years

If not for a little bit of luck not going our way Hinkley would be a three times Premiership Coach. He just needs more time and the luck will go our way one day.
That's it silly me, the square peg in the round hole, it must be Hinkley's plan B, see he's eventually going to to make it fit, just needs more time.

This is the bloke who famously devises game plans to beat the reigning premiers but only in regular season.

But this year his attempt at the game plan was so limp wristed we didn't score a goal until 80 minutes into the match.

8 total minute before 3 quarter time.

Driver of a clown car.

This is the bloke who famously devises game plans to beat the reigning premiers but only in regular season.

But this year his attempt at the game plan was so limp wristed we didn't score a goal until 80 minutes into the match.

8 total minute before 3 quarter time.

Driver of a clown car.
But Ken does amazing things at our club and he also has a brilliant mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back