Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Doubt that Ken and his manager after they signed the contract extension in Jan. 2021, would have expected around about this point in time to be sitting down with the club and talking about an extension beyond 2023.
They would not of expected the year we have had therefore i dont think they know what to do as Ken would not want to go into next year and coach with only his the last year of his contract left. The club cant extend him even if they were dumb enough to want to. Look how he handled yesterday he will not handle the pressure next year he, his manager, his family and his mates in Kane and Rucci know that too. I think he will walk and it will be made into by Koch as being a mutual decision and they part as friends i think this will happen straight after the Essendon game giving him a showdown send off.

Posters close to the club and maybe better at reading the tea leaves have got old mate out the door. For myself i'll believe it when it happens.

For all my anger over the years towards Ken and some pretty nasty posts, if he's as good as gone then relief will be my strongest feeling.

I won't be dancing on his grave i'll just be glad the club has called time. The other thing i'll do is start going to games again.

I want some wind in my sails, calmer waters and new horizons because as of right now, without change stamp my papers and check me out.

86396429.jpg

His nickname is still listed as Donuts on Wikipedia lol.

It has its supporters, plus Ken doesn't know how to use a computer to change it.

It's come down to self preservation Mr Koch, sack Ken and you win back some integrity and support from members, sit on your hands and lose everything and risk being outed before your mate Donuts.

Surely Koch isn't stupid enough to not read the play on this. If he keeps Donuts and we go 6-16 or something next year then his entire legacy of saving the club is at risk. He needs to cut his losses on this and get a new coach that at best gives him a chance at a fresh start and rising up the ladder and at worst buys him some time.

Surely Koch isn't stupid enough to not read the play on this. If he keeps Donuts and we go 6-16 or something next year then his entire legacy of saving the club is at risk. He needs to cut his losses on this and get a new coach that at best gives him a chance at a fresh start and rising up the ladder and at worst buys him some time.
You would think so but the last 2 extensions would suggest the opposite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kokmeister's BS statement from 6 or 7 years back about wanting to make Ken Hinkley a 10 year coach should have rung the loudest alarm bell in the history of the club with supporters that the bloke was totally out of his depth.

He had less than zero qualifications to make such a comment, but with his ginormous ego and total inability to admit he was wrong the 10 year bit was unfortunately always going to come to fruition regardless of results.
I suspect he believes coaching a football club is for the less intelligent than he sees himself, and if any coach is at a club for long enough they will eventually win something.

Further to the above, even though he put up with Kennett at the hawkers I seriously doubt Clarko will come any where near Alberton while koch is president.

Clarko would have koch worked out in about 30 seconds

Koch is not an alpha male, he just wants to think he is, he might be a coward, but he's not as foolish as he comes across

He would be subservient to a man like Clarko

They also seem to live with this idea that, at Port Adelaide, anyone we hire must be given a decade to prove themselves, like Hinkley.
"What if it doesn't work and we're stuck with him?".
Well, we give him an initial period to make it all work, and if it looks like it's going **** up we part ways and try someone else. Pretty simple.
We could give them a 5 year contract and if they end up not even making a grand final before we move them on they're still twice as good as Hinkley.

The kokmeister's BS statement from 6 or 7 years back about wanting to make Ken Hinkley a 10 year coach should have rung the loudest alarm bell in the history of the club with supporters that the bloke was totally out of his depth.

He had less than zero qualifications to make such a comment, but with his ginormous ego and total inability to admit he was wrong the 10 year bit was unfortunately always going to come to fruition regardless of results.
I suspect he believes coaching a football club is for the less intelligent than he sees himself, and if any coach is at a club for long enough they will eventually win something.

Further to the above, even though he put up with Kennett at the hawkers I seriously doubt Clarko will come any where near Alberton while koch is president.
Stability without the ruthless pursuit and most importantly, attainment of success, isn't really something you can pull the wool over the eyes of supporters with.

The 10 years of stability would look perfect if we'd 2017'd onwards Richmond style and we had 3 flags.

But we didn't, and every time you don't win the flag you're a loser.

That losing doesn't hurt so much when you're a long way off but if stings when you were good enough if you'd done things better.

My anger at the club, and Ken, is we've pi55ed away chances when we've been good enough to win it but they gaslight the happy clappers through the "little battler club", "tough competition" and " someone's got to lose" narratives.

The 3 Ks had the chance to make us the most outstanding AFL club for the next 20 years, but their vision seems to have ended at "surviving".

Collingwood winning against the best while not following the losers harderer for longerer garbage ethos

View attachment 1467673
Collingwood undoubtedly worked bloody hard. But they executed when presented with their inferior number of opportunities. You're unlikely to win a flag without both.

Ken has built his career on only 1. As a hard working but modestly skilled player, it's his DNA.

View attachment 1467681

5 years ago today.

Inside50’s: 81-31.

In wet-weather.

And he’s still here!

Ken was unbelievably lucky they didn't kick something like 25.15.165. Maybe if they had, history would be a little bit different.

I was livid they didn't sack him directly after that performance. Instead, he was kept on and we got to lose an Elimination Final in embarrassing circumstances and repeat the process in the exact same fashion in the following H&A season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back