Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez things must be getting real dire when the final excuse is “but he’s a good bloke”

Piss off you loser apologists. Sack Hinkley.
Maybe that's part of the problem - we don't need a good bloke in charge: we need a nasty piece of work like Alastair Clarkson. 4 flags is a fair recommendation.

If you're Alistair Clarkson and you've already chosen a club that isn't YET officially in the picture, and you've publicly flagged your intention to coach again in 2023, you're going to meet with whoever wants to meet with you as many times as they want to meet with you, especially when they're paying your air fares etc. To not do so would only raise peoples suspicions you've been secretly negotiating with a club behind its current coach's back.

If you're Alistair Clarkson and you've already chosen a club that isn't YET officially in the picture, and you've publicly flagged your intention to coach again in 2023, you're going to meet with whoever wants to meet with you as many times as they want to meet with you, especially when they're paying your air fares etc. To not do so would only raise peoples suspicions you've been secretly negotiating with a club behind its current coach's back.
Plus he's picking up IP the whole time and hedging his bets in case something falls through. Remember when Sydney bailed on (was it Wallace?) to promote Roos

Rucci: Can you guarantee me that Craig McRae will improve collingwood's football program? No? Well then Nathan Buckley deserves to see the program through.

Korn: ah right as always Michaelangelo.

Plus he's picking up IP the whole time and hedging his bets in case something falls through. Remember when Sydney bailed on (was it Wallace?) to promote Roos

I don't think he's concerned so much with the IP stuff. Alistair Clarkson isn't going into this process blind. He's a man who knows exactly what he wants. I don't think he just woke up a few weeks ago and decided "F**k it, i want to coach next year". Clubs who knew they'd be looking for a new coach in the near future would have been sounding him out for months, many months. I can't say i know exactly where we sit in that equation, but i do know we are one of the clubs that has been in communication with him. The fact its getting no mention at all while he traverses the country listening to other offers could be a very positive thing. We are definitely in the game at the very least.

I will be very happy to be wrong but I can see the kokmeister getting all juiced up about the Power getting within 6 points of the wobblers last week so he can justify kern for 2023.
With his complete lack of football knowledge he will be totally incapable of differentiating between the quality of that game and the one tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst decision is indecision and there’s been indecision for the past 5 years.

We could have got McRae, a South Australian born 3x premiership player and VFL premiership coach. Early days but the man knows how to win.

Instead we have the perennial loser, the near enough is good enough man. Ken Hinkley’s such a loser he’s second to Ross Lyon, the father of losers.

Last edited:
All i'm really trying to say is, forget about all this media noise about Clarkson meeting with this club or that club or whatever. It's all pretty meaningless at the moment. Right at this moment GWS and North are OFFICIALLY the only two clubs looking for a new coach, so it stands to reason most of the speculation will surround them. Absolutely it's possible he could end up coaching one of GWS or North. Nothing in life is certain. But don't be surprised if he ends up at Port.

All i'm really trying to say is, forget about all this media noise about Clarkson meeting with this club or that club or whatever. It's all pretty meaningless at the moment. Right at this moment GWS and North are OFFICIALLY the only two clubs looking for a new coach, so it stands to reason most of the speculation will surround them. Absolutely it's possible he could end up coaching one of GWS or North. Nothing in life is certain. But don't be surprised if he ends up at Port.
I share your hope, as long as there is no commitment from Clarkson we have chance and while he's available Koch may pull the trigger, with Clarko being a premiership coach. If Clarkson is not available Koch will say that Ken is the most experienced coach available and he's here with a year to go on his contract.

This is why I believe we must get Clarkson or we end up with Hinkley and high blood pressure.

I share your hope, as long as there is no commitment from Clarkson we have chance and while he's available Koch may pull the trigger, being a premiership coach. If Clarkson is not available Koch will say that Ken is the most experienced coach available and he's here with a year to go on his contract.

This is why I believe we must get Clarkson or we end up with Hinkley and high blood pressure.

I think it's as simple as, if Clarkson is going to be coaching Port next year he's already agreed to terms with us. And i think that goes for whichever club he ends up at. He hasn't been sitting idle twiddling his thumbs for the past 12 months, and neither have the clubs who potentially want him. Clarkson already knows where he'll be next year, he's just not making it public. So the idea that we sack Hinkley and then enter the market to grab Alistair Clarkson is just nonsense. Wherever Alistair Clarkson coaches in 2023 is already locked away. If it's North, then they'd have been sounding him out months ago, but i don't suspect they were.

Being too s*** scared to take a risk on a new coach which could result in being better or even great is where we're at now.

Meanwhile the slightly more ambitious scoop up the best talent in waiting across the country (MacRae).

And we can't rid ourselves of Hinkley because he gets us to 5th-10th, oh and 2011 happened that one time in the last 150 years of our great club.

So the first announcement we are hanging out for is that Ken has left the building. Then we will sweat on finding out how competent the club is when it comes to selecting a new head coach. Then, and almost just as importantly, I will want to see who we end up with as assistant coaches.
If all those things go well - then I'll get excited.

So the first announcement we are hanging out for is that Ken has left the building. Then we will sweat on finding out how competent the club is when it comes to selecting a new head coach. Then, and almost just as importantly, I will want to see who we end up with as assistant coaches.
If all those things go well - then I'll get excited.

🤞🥵🤞

Being too s*** scared to take a risk on a new coach which could result in being better or even great is where we're at now.

Meanwhile the slightly more ambitious scoop up the best talent in waiting across the country (MacRae).

And we can't rid ourselves of Hinkley because he gets us to 5th-10th, oh and 2011 happened that one time in the last 150 years of our great club.
And because we have Hinkley apparatchiks in the media pushing ideas like "who else is out there" and "the grass isn't always greener" etc. Is it any wonder the so-called happy clappers run in lockstep with this narrative? They are petrified of change. Petrified.

Quick cheerio to those who reckon some of the language in this thread is a bit over the top. The fact of the matter is that this thread is full of passionate Port fans who want their club back. It's been hijacked by fraudsters, who clearly feel that near enough constitutes good enough, so I don't blame anyone here for expressing their views in such a brutal way.

We saw tonight with Collingwood what can happen if a club grows some balls, and is prepared to make some tough decisions. I for one want that to be us this time next year, but it certainly won't happen with Ken Hinkley in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back