Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the comments in this thread are getting quite toxic and personal.

Please try to restrict discussion to football and stay away from baseless allegations.

Please try to restrict discussion to football and stay away from baseless allegations.
Unsurprisingly i for one agree with Fords appeal. At the same time i am wondering if this reasonable request is ignored, what happens then!

Essendon, Showdown plus one of the others (Richmond at home I'm thinking).
I wouldn't be marking down the Essendon game as a certainty - they're finishing the season strongly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get to have a right of reply on the forum, whereas those under relentless scrutiny (putting it mildly) are more constrained to reply and yes there is individual rights and laws etc. It is not really about feelings.
I'd be interested to hear why you think Hinkley should stay.

Club tap you on the shoulder? 🤣

He should see out his contract, unless the 2 parties can reach an amicable agreement otherwise. He has put in the years of effort and commitment and this should be respected.
Next year is reliant on him making finals this year (trigger clause). So you'll get your wish

He should see out his contract, unless the 2 parties can reach an amicable agreement otherwise. He has put in the years of effort and commitment and this should be respected.
But his years of effort have amounted to nothing, and we have a precious opportunity to grab one of the best coaches of this generation - be it Clarkson or Hardwick. We may not get another chance if we stick with Ken for next year.

Since I don't want to be suspended... I'll be nice.

Dear sir/madam I think you are very wrong..

Sincerely
Dirty2

I wouldn't be marking down the Essendon game as a certainty - they're finishing the season strongly.

Never said they’re a certainty but based on our form and the relative oppositions form I think it’s fair to assume we go either 2 and 3 or 3 and 2 in the last 5 rounds. We might beat Geelong and Collingwood the 2 seemingly hardest and then drop the remaining 3.

The only team other than us they can put an end to the finals talk is Richmond. But they’ve choked the last 2 rounds and probably won’t beat freo either this weekend. Similarly the suns and dogs are unlikely to win this round. All the sides vying for 8th are falling over so it’s not actually that ridiculous to suggest we are still in it. The days where it was looking like 14 wins for finals are over. It’s gone back to the traditional 12 after Richmonds last fortnight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As noted earlier, if we don't make the finals then his contract can be terminated by the club (I think I read somewhere for $500k?). I don't think it's an automatic termination but does give the club that option.. If this does eventuate, I can see no evidence that another year under Ken would give us anything, we have gone backwards. In many respects he would be a lame duck and we might find it difficult to attract players.
With respect to the years of effort and commitment, that's what he got paid for.

I don't venture much to Facebook coz it does my head in, but I thought I would take a look after last weeks game... um...yeah...wont be doing that again.

Thank fük I found BF those years ago or I'd think I was going mad and wrong about Ken...😬😬

As noted earlier, if we don't make the finals then his contract can be terminated by the club (I think I read somewhere for $500k?). I don't think it's an automatic termination but does give the club that option.. If this does eventuate, I can see no evidence that another year under Ken would give us anything, we have gone backwards. In many respects he would be a lame duck and we might find it difficult to attract players.
With respect to the years of effort and commitment, that's what he got paid for.
Wouldn't it be about 500k if it was done NOW, due to the rule the AFL brought in about sacked coaches only being eligible for half a year's salary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back