Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

January 28 2023, 11 years in to an AFL coaching career and Fox Sports still proudly talks about that magical Ken speech in bush league footy in 2003, which inspired his side to go out and lose the final quarter by 15 points and limp across the line.
I still can't get over how that is presented as some masterful inspiration and tactical play.

It's right there in front of them! They lost the last quarter after being comfortably in front! They took the foot off the gas in a grand final and opened the door to lose it!

Yeah, they won, but the article focusing on the 3/4 time coaching being so awesome is ****ing farcical.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I still can't get over how that is presented as some masterful inspiration and tactical play.

It's right there in front of them! They lost the last quarter after being comfortably in front! They took the foot off the gas in a grand final and opened the door to lose it!

Yeah, they won, but the article focusing on the 3/4 time coaching being so awesome is ******* farcical.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Up there with Hinkley telling the players to try and protect the lead rather than go for the win at half time in the 2013 semi-final.

I don't think trading Chad was a bad thing, of all the things in this era. That's not one im unhappy with.

His career is a tragedy and his potential was limitless but the Wingard we had at that time, and the Wingard the hawks have had since is not remotely worth what we got in return for him. It was a good deal if not leaving you wondering what could have been.

What I guess you can argue is he never should have been in the form that would see him traded. I agree and Hinkley shares blame for that, but Wingard also shoulders a fair bit of responsibility there. He didn't get much better at the hawks either. Constant injury a factor since as well.

The deal we got in reality is good, in what was/could have been - not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember how that actually made headlines and was discussed in the football media and posed as questions to players and coaches. What a pissant little excuse for a professional sporting competition this is.

The incredible thing about all that was, instead of inspiring the wider media to properly drill down into Ken’s record to perhaps look for concrete reasons behind this very public symbol of the simmering discontent in Port’s supporter base, we were treated to lazy garbage about wider South Australian xenophobia towards Victorians.

Wonderful journalism, you pr¡cks.

The incredible thing about all that was, instead of inspiring the wider media to properly drill down into Ken’s record to perhaps look for concrete reasons behind this very public symbol of the simmering discontent in Port’s supporter base, we were treated to lazy garbage about wider South Australian xenophobia towards Victorians.

Wonderful journalism, you pr¡cks.
Fueled by the south australian media

Honestly, nicks is under more pressure than ken has ever been.

Both have achieved **** all

“Who are you going to get?”

Imagine your whole entire defence of Ken Hinkley being the fact that you’re not informed enough to know any other coaches in the industry.

who was norf going to get (a 4 time premiership coach lol)
who was st kilda going to get
who was essendon going to get
who was gws going to get

but nah stick with daddy donuts, the biggest failure in 140 years of AFL

If the "who you gonna get" brigade were true to their beliefs they would not have wanted Hinkley appointed in the first place as he was an untried coach.

Now he's been tried and proven to be a failure.

If the "who you gonna get" brigade were true to their beliefs they would not have wanted Hinkley appointed in the first place as he was an untried coach.

going by stinkley's greatest accomplishment, a flag in the crap tier Geelong Football League, there are literally hundreds of premiership coaches around the country with the same credentials.

I've put any media person who said 'who you gonna get' into an enemy of the Port Adelaide Football Club. Yes, I'm looking at you Kane.

It is one of the worst arguments I've ever heard on replacing a coach that it seems to have come from a 5 year old who really is clutching at straws while changing the deck chairs on the Titanic. It is like all of the Port Media guys got together to nut another excuse out for Kenny. And what is worse, not one 'journalist' responded with Adam Yze, Nathan Buckley or the Inanimate Carbon Rod that makes an appearance once in a while.

These are crazy times we are living as Port fans and I hope it ends soon.

The scary thing is that a few of them that I’ve encountered believe that Chocco should still be coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back