Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of the "who are you gonna get" brigade are also in the "it's not Kenny's fault, it's the players" camp.

But then amongst some of them if you call a spade a spade and talk about a player's poor performance they defend them as well, or blame the umpiring or the alignment of the planets or anything else to avoid accountability at any level.

I.e.
"Scott Lycett didn't turn up for the last quarter of the 2020 Preliminary Final, Nankervis gave him a bath, cost us the game in some ways"
'What? Scotty was good all season, we were top at the end of every round and had to go play in hubs, it was just bad luck that the umpire gave that free against Hammer in the back pocket and that Burton hurt his leg and we were a man down'

We live in an age where people with megaphones have figured out that lying big and often and long is a lot more convincing than truth and proof and evidence and common sense. The Holy Grail is when those people knowingly lie, yet when they see the lie repeated, then believe it. I've seen it happen in politics. Why not football, where self-preservation is more important than premierships?

Imagine the narrative if we win the premiership in our new coaches first or second year.

“Ken Hinkley built and developed that team. [insert coaches name here] purely just inherited a premiership side”
These would be the same people currently saying "How can Ken Hinkley be expected to make a Grand Final with that list of spuds?"

Imagine the narrative if we win the premiership in our new coaches first or second year.

“Ken Hinkley built and developed that team. [insert coaches name here] purely just inherited a premiership side”
The Ken apologists (both Vic media and supporters) would 100% run this line. They are so invested they can't/won't admit Ken was ever part of the problem.

The Ken apologists (both Vic media and supporters) would 100% run this line. They are so invested they can't/won't admit Ken was ever part of the problem.
That can be counted with, well he's not coaching port anymore. Do you want him at your club?

When the club’s own guy at ground zero can’t even get the timeline right — either disingenuously or because of a conflated muddled misremembering of what was an admittedly wild sequence of events — what hope does the eastern seaboard, or anyone else for that matter, have?

You’d think big unmistakeable facts like “prior to Byrne-Jones in 2020, the Hinkley Recruitment Era hadn’t produced a single drafted AA gong” would be relatively easy to digest, but Chris McDermott and Andrew Jarman once selected Robbie Gray to play for their SA Origin Team, so idk.

I’m so glad that we have a tough draw this year regardless of finishing low on the ladder last year, I’m especially glad that our first 5 games are hard as hell, This means that Ken can’t rest on his laurels and will actually have to perform if he wants to stay at this club, He can’t just jag an 8th spot on the back of an easy draw and have Koch bust a nut over it. All of that with one year left on his contract, onto you Ken and Koch, We’re eagerly awaiting the outcome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m so glad that we have a tough draw this year regardless of finishing low on the ladder last year, I’m especially glad that our first 5 games are hard as hell, This means that Ken can’t rest on his laurels and will actually have to perform if he wants to stay at this club, He can’t just jag an 8th spot on the back of an easy draw and have Koch bust a nut over it. All of that with one year left on his contract, onto you Ken and Koch, We’re eagerly awaiting the outcome
'Port lost the first five games last year but then Ken Hinkley rallied them and they nearly made finals! Ken won't ever give up'

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Hinkley strikes me as the kind of guy that would do all he could to undermine anyone he saw as a threat to his position. The last thing Carr wants to do is have Hinkley think he's after his job.
Ken publicly lambasted Sticker Man - how would he react if he knew someone was after his job?

I dunno who the guy was but shout out to the SEN breakfast host with the squeaky voice who said it's flag or the end for Hinkley.

“He can’t eat bamboo for’em!”
Maybe if Hinkley were presented as a sexual partner the alternative option becomes a lot more attractive.

I'm not saying he ****s pandas. I'm not even saying that he has a furry kink and owns a panda fur-suit for his and Donna's bedroom antics. I have no definitive proof. However:

1675491744302.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back