Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media is/will portray his comments as slagging the club off,that’s expected as the AFL and media have a understanding.
Even if by some chance we play finals this year I still believe Ken will be gone.
If Koch wasn’t running the show at Alberton we wouldn’t be having this discussion.
He has really caused division’s between supporters/ members that I have never seen in over 50 years of supporting the club
Things got pretty divided when Ebert got the sack at the end of ‘87. Club made the right call then.

I said it before, that was the dead cat bounce. They won't sustain that motivation lol. These losers never do. Even if they get a few in a row, wait till mid-season and dead of winter and the wheels will well and truly fall off.

Based in historical evidence the season will fall short as it has always done under Hinkley.

It will be up and down until August.

Based in historical evidence the season will fall short as it has always done under Hinkley.

It will be up and down until August.
Especially with so many players down on form and output, and given the uninspired way in which we’re playing. We’ll fluke a couple and beat the bottom teams but will only end up with 8-12 wins, 12 being very optimistic. Just too many holes in our playing group with no depth and dreadfully reactive coaching and game style.
No ruck
Short on key and small lockdown defenders
The blandest small forwards in the comp

Especially with so many players down on form and output, and given the uninspired way in which we’re playing. We’ll fluke a couple and beat the bottom teams but will only end up with 8-12 wins, 12 being very optimistic. Just too many holes in our playing group with no depth and dreadfully reactive coaching and game style.
No ruck
Short on key and small lockdown defenders
The blandest small forwards in the comp

I reckon some of the deficiencies in our playing group could be addressed by decent structure. But the guy in charge seems to prefer seeing if we can fluke it through chaos instead.

As much as Ken really needs to go, I also really need and want us to win regularly this year. Just realised how good it is for my mental health. As scrappy a win as it was, I feel a helluvalot brighter and more upbeat today than the past two weeks. Imagine if we had a coach and team who were reliable, bankable winners.

I wanted Hinkley out in 2017 when he threatened to go to the Gold Coast. The Board were weak. I was pissed but realised that four years is a long time to be negative about my club I have followed for 50 years. I accepted Ken H and rode the roller coaster. The minor round success in 2020 meant an extension was inevitable... Which brings us to 2023.

Hinkley and Port will part ways. That is set in stone... Unless there is a miracle GF appearance. My guess is Ken will announce he will be leaving in August.

As for Warren T... He went too early simple as that. He brought to light the frustrations of the fans which was great but untenable after round three was ridiculous. It was actually sad to hear him discuss the aftermath of Saturdays win. He wasn't excited or even happy.

Ken needs to go and it will happen this year. As for our clubs fortune's going forward we need a total cleanout of the football department. Our new coach will be walking into a totally unbalanced squad lacking in depth.

As much as Ken really needs to go, I also really need and want us to win regularly this year. Just realised how good it is for my mental health. As scrappy a win as it was, I feel a helluvalot brighter and more upbeat today than the past two weeks. Imagine if we had a coach and team who were reliable, bankable winners.

I wish I could feel the same. In the immediate aftermath of Saturday's game, I thought the whole thing hilarious. As time passes, the clear deficiencies there, combined with the Club latching on to the result as a justification for not addressing those deficiencies, makes me disengaged.

Even if by some chance we play finals this year I still believe Ken will be gone.
There seems to be a lot of crossover between people who believe this absolute delusion and people who think they're better than other fans because they're not barracking for us to lose. Guess what ****ers, if we make finals we're getting another two years of Hinkley.

And making finals isn't just some pie-in-the-sky miracle. It's a real threat, and I use the term 'threat' deliberately. We've played probably 3 out of the best 5 times in the league and we're 2-2. The draw starts opening up pretty quickly from next week onwards.

I'd almost respect wanting to keep Hinkley more than the above. It's a dumb opinion but at least it's logically consistent, unlike wishy-washy bullshit like 'I want Hinkley and Koch gone but I still hope we win every game!' You can't have both. Decide what's more important; getting rid of the biggest cancers to ever step foot in our club, or winning some random H&A game that you'll have forgotten in three months' time.

Wanting Hinkley gone but still wanting us to win every game is knowing what the problem is but being too much of a coward to take the necessary hits to fix it, and then for some reason lashing out at those who are prepared to take those hits.

Last edited:
Lol classic low performer.

"s**t they are onto me. I had best be seen to be doing things!"

Its the footy version of rushing around the factory floor with a sack trolley to seem busy.
He needs to replace his goofy smile with an annoyed look images%20-%202023-04-10T084041.465.jpg

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He and others should have spoken up late last year in support of stickerman. The silence then in the media was what was deafening.
Tredders might not have gone this hard before, but he has made the point Port need a new voice more than once in the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There seems to be a lot of crossover between people who believe this absolute delusion and people who think they're better than other fans because they're not barracking for us to lose. Guess what *ers, if we make finals we're getting another two years of Hinkley.

And making finals isn't just some pie-in-the-sky miracle. It's a real threat, and I use the term 'threat' deliberately. We've played probably 3 out of the best 5 times in the league and we're 2-2. The draw starts opening up pretty quickly from next week onwards.

I'd almost respect wanting to keep Hinkley more than the above. It's a dumb opinion but at least it's logically consistent, unlike wishy-washy bullshit like 'I want Hinkley and Koch gone but I still hope we win every game!' You can't have both. Decide what's more important; getting rid of the biggest cancers to ever step foot in our club, or winning some random H&A game that you'll have forgotten in three months' time.

Wanting Hinkley gone but still wanting us to win every game is knowing what the problem is but being too much of a coward to take the necessary hits to fix it, and then for some reason lashing out at those who are prepared to take those hits.

💯💯💯 The best this point has ever been made.

Tredders might not have gone this hard before, but he has made the point Port need a new voice more than once in the last few years.
Hard thing to do when none of the peoplez who claim to support you say nothing.
I Don’t blame him.
I blame the ex playerz loading the rifle and getting him to be the only one firing the gun.

I actually think we were lucky to win.

Sydney looked off to me, missed plenty of goals. This weeks a different kettle of fish.

The ball travels 2 metres further we lose and there’d be none of this malarchy from Kornes & co

I wanted Hinkley out in 2017 when he threatened to go to the Gold Coast. The Board were weak. I was pissed but realised that four years is a long time to be negative about my club I have followed for 50 years. I accepted Ken H and rode the roller coaster. The minor round success in 2020 meant an extension was inevitable... Which brings us to 2023.

Hinkley and Port will part ways. That is set in stone... Unless there is a miracle GF appearance. My guess is Ken will announce he will be leaving in August.

As for Warren T... He went too early simple as that. He brought to light the frustrations of the fans which was great but untenable after round three was ridiculous. It was actually sad to hear him discuss the aftermath of Saturdays win. He wasn't excited or even happy.

Ken needs to go and it will happen this year. As for our clubs fortune's going forward we need a total cleanout of the football department. Our new coach will be walking into a totally unbalanced squad lacking in depth.
I agree with most of what you say except "set in stone......unless" and Warren went too early. Way too late if anything. It has to be one or the other...is it set in stone?

Last edited:
I find it fascinating these ex players that are pro Hinkley are willing to burn whatever legacy they had with the most ardent and harcore supporters of this club for one man who will never contact them again once he moves back to Camperdown. That must be some mean Kool aid old Jimmy has been cooking up down there for 11 years.

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back