Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not heard Ken say at any time that he wants to be coaching Port next year.

I have heard him say that he wants to " look at the year in its entirety " before a decision is made on his future. That was on 360.

From what Wazza has said about having a 5 year Bomber deal on offer and Koch standing in the way of him accepting it I'd actually be pretty dark about the whole situation re his future if I were Ken.

He's obviously going to see the year out our list in spite of obvious deficiencies in defence is as good as any list out there and pretty much every team has been shown issues so far except the Saints and that will come.

I'm comfortable Ken won't be here next year and it's mutual.

If Ken says he wants to be here next year I'd worry.

i hope we're shit because it means ken's name will be absolute mud and he won't get another gig.

i hate him.

Warren didn't go early on his call at all he was pretty clear it was 10 years & 3 Rounds. The deafness to this has been absurd.
He made it very clear that one of the main reasons for doing it this early in the year was because it seems inevitable that Ken will be gone in the next few months anyway so we were just treading water by not at least giving Josh a chance to audition in the meantime. Perfectly logical. I also wonder how many of those hitting back at Tredders have actually listened to his entire podcast or are just reacting to the bits the media choose to quote.

I have not heard Ken say at any time that he wants to be coaching Port next year.

I have heard him say that he wants to " look at the year in its entirety " before a decision is made on his future. That was on 360.

From what Wazza has said about having a 5 year Bomber deal on offer and Koch standing in the way of him accepting it I'd actually be pretty dark about the whole situation re his future if I were Ken.

He's obviously going to see the year out our list in spite of obvious deficiencies in defence is as good as any list out there and pretty much every team has been shown issues so far except the Saints and that will come.

I'm comfortable Ken won't be here next year and it's mutual.

If Ken says he wants to be here next year I'd worry.
Hinkley absolutely did say he wants to be coaching here next year. Later in that same interview on 360, words to the effect:

"I love what I do, and I want to keep doing it as long as I can."

Cause enough for worry with Koch at the helm.

Hinkley absolutely did say he wants to be coaching here next year. Later in that same interview on 360, words to the effect:

"I love what I do, and I want to keep doing it as long as I can."

Cause enough for worry with Koch at the helm.
ew throw up GIF by RJFilmSchool

There seems to be a lot of crossover between people who believe this absolute delusion and people who think they're better than other fans because they're not barracking for us to lose. Guess what *ers, if we make finals we're getting another two years of Hinkley.

And making finals isn't just some pie-in-the-sky miracle. It's a real threat, and I use the term 'threat' deliberately. We've played probably 3 out of the best 5 times in the league and we're 2-2. The draw starts opening up pretty quickly from next week onwards.

I'd almost respect wanting to keep Hinkley more than the above. It's a dumb opinion but at least it's logically consistent, unlike wishy-washy bullshit like 'I want Hinkley and Koch gone but I still hope we win every game!' You can't have both. Decide what's more important; getting rid of the biggest cancers to ever step foot in our club, or winning some random H&A game that you'll have forgotten in three months' time.

Wanting Hinkley gone but still wanting us to win every game is knowing what the problem is but being too much of a coward to take the necessary hits to fix it, and then for some reason lashing out at those who are prepared to take those hits.
This is what terrifies me too. To me the relief and celebrations after the Sydney game looks like a coach already knowing his fate, finals new contract, miss and you're gone.
Like you said, I wouldn't be surprised if we make finals Ken may be offered another 2 or 3 years.

The Suns tracking the same old way is probably handy for a parting of the ways moment, even if it were just as senior support for Dew if they offered multi years he might fukc off.

Realistically it's the only other club that has interest in him, he has history there & they liked living up there.

The Suns tracking the same old way is probably handy for a parting of the ways moment, even if it were just as senior support for Dew if they offered multi years he might fukc off.

Realistically it's the only other club that has interest in him, he has history there & they liked living up there.
IIRC one of his daughters remained there. She's probably employed at the club now with the entire Donuts clan.

Saturday night gave the football world a glimpse into Hinkley's perfect role. On the bench as a 'senior assistant' without any real input into gameday machinations.

Interesting that he let out on his presser that he was 'told' to coach from the boundary and that he will 'have to be there for at least another week'.

Agreed, imo Dew will get sacked and that will give Donuts somewhere to go, so hopefully it happens before August.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He threatened to walk to GC with a year left. You reap what you sow, bald man.
This seems to have been completely forgotten with all the Hinkley apologists saying that the club has to remain loyal to Hinkley.

Hinkley is loyal to Kenny Hinkley and no one else.

Once again they are proving Tredders right

Chris Davies to talk about famous win after a week of scrutiny 7 news tonight!

You won a minor round game just fukcing get over yourselves lol talk talk talk

How far have we fallen lol. Tugging off over a H&A win that we got very lucky in. 2-2 and 10th place. We're back to absolute minnow territory.

Just lucky we've got Kenny to keep us up in that magical 10th-12th zone!

I mean apart from the brownlow medallist, butters, rozee, JHF, aliir, Dixon, etc he's got no one to work with!

Chris, after winning a game against the unstoppable juggernaut that is Sydney*, would you say that it is time to crack open the heads of the Hinkley Haterz and feast on the goo inside?

*down two key defenders for more than half the game, bench rotation and at the death allowed to slice us open like the clone army of Miyamoto Musashi

We get thrashed by Collingwood, lose the Showdown in the prison bars and now Chris Davies goes on Channel 7. * OFF WITH HINKLEY IDIOT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back