Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Matthew Lloyd would be a good coach. He has been on the sidelines for a long time now and has watched some bloody good teams and had to analyze them all through his media commitments. He's young enough to want to try different things instead of being old and stuck in his ways. His game analysis is normally pretty spot on.
Thoughts?

I think Matthew Lloyd would be a good coach. He has been on the sidelines for a long time now and has watched some bloody good teams and had to analyze them all through his media commitments. He's young enough to want to try different things instead of being old and stuck in his ways. His game analysis is normally pretty spot on.
Thoughts?
You'd be mad to make him head coach but worth sounding out some variety of assistant.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

For real though where are past players who actually give a stuff about the club?

Surely there are others - before or after the AFL era - who can take a stand with Tredrea.

Then again… looking at that 04 team, anyone you’d think would take a stand is a head coach or assistant at another club so it’s not their place.

Thoughts?
Sack Hinkley.

Our next coach discussion

Last edited:
Would love to hear from Wingard, Schulz, Trengove or even Doogs
I think Trengrove would be sign Hinkley but not sure about Schulz. We already know he wanted to keep working with the club on goal kicking and they knocked him back, and also were open to shopping him around for no reason in 2015.

Last edited:
I’m not sure all or even the majority of those disagreeing with Tredrea think that Hinkley should be re-signed at the end of the year.

Most simply think that he shouldn’t be sacked four games into the season, when we are 2-2 and have played three teams that will compete for top 4 this season.

Kornes is a different kettle of fish as his job is to act like a professional troll and he is hopelessly conflicted.

Early or mid-season sackings are uncommon in most sports besides football (soccer). And there the turnover is excessive, often counter-productive, and facilitated by a much larger pool of potential managers.

Even though Tredrea is copping a lot of $hit, he has done the club an enormous favour. It will keep the pressure heightened on the players/coach/admin all season. And it helps set an extremely high bar for reappointing Hinkley, and one that is unlikely to be met.

At best we will finish 5-8th, and even if Koch and the board don’t tell Ken his time is up, there is a decent chance Ken himself will call time.

I wish Ken had been sacked at the end of 2017 or 2018 but he will be gone by year end. Unfortunately the same can’t be said for Koch…

Almost all of us here here are upset about what has happened since 2015 and how the club’s pre-AFL culture is being chipped away at year after year.

But some of the stuff written on here over the past few days has been borderline deranged. You might disagree with Cassisi for example but he played over 200 games, was a premiership player, our captain through the darkest years and always put his body on the line.

I think with Warren having media experience has given him that extra bit needed to speak his mind, then add that to his love for the club and being a premiership captain gives him the right to say what he feels. Maybe Tredrea thought the above ment the responsibility was with him and hopefully others will follow.
At least this man cares enough to try, we can't let this slide now, we must keep pushing for change, I don't trust Koch to do the right thing.

I think Trengrove would be sign Hinkley but not sure about Schulz. We already know he wanted to keep working with the club on goal kicking and they knocked him back.

Last edited:
I’m not surprised by the media reaction to Warren’s comments.
Rightly or wrongly any ex player who seams to be slagging off his former club is going to get negative coverage. Unfortunately unless others with some clout come out and support him he’s going to be painted as an ex player with a chip on his shoulder.
That’s how the games played like it or not.
He isn't slagging off the club. He is describing the actions of a narcissist who is actively kneecapping the club he loves and giving a factual account of the performance of the senior coach.

I'm sure Tredders couldn't give a **** about what these vacuous suckholes are saying about him.

I’m not sure all or even the majority of those disagreeing with Tredrea think that Hinkley should be re-signed at the end of the year.

Most simply think that he shouldn’t be sacked four games into the season, when we are 2-2 and have played three teams that will compete for top 4 this season.

Kornes is a different kettle of fish as his job is to act like a professional troll and he is hopelessly conflicted.

Early or mid-season sackings are uncommon in most sports besides football (soccer). And there the turnover is excessive, often counter-productive, and facilitated by a much larger pool of potential managers.

Even though Tredrea is copping a lot of $hit, he has done the club an enormous favour. It will keep the pressure heightened on the players/coach/admin all season. And it helps set an extremely high bar for reappointing Hinkley, and one that is unlikely to be met.

At best we will finish 5-8th, and even if Koch and the board don’t tell Ken his time is up, there is a decent chance Ken himself will call time.

I wish Ken had been sacked at the end of 2017 or 2018 but he will be gone by year end. Unfortunately the same can’t be said for Koch…

Almost all of us here here are upset about what has happened since 2015 and how the club’s pre-AFL culture is being chipped away at year after year.
I think you're bang on here, and this is what is garnering negative press to our cause. In all fairness I thought we were on track to seeing out the year with Stinkley, and there would be no possible way his contract could be extended.

The 2017 extension was a mistake.
The 2020 extension was completely justified, we finished atop of the ladder, but looking at past mistakes it still should've been on a yearly/performance based basis.

By Tredrea speaking out now, or last week, it's turned into a game for the media. The lamest thing is the boasting about it after a game WE DIDN'T EVEN WIN. Sure, it counts as a win, but if the genius coach was that good, we would've simply been up by more and the last kick wouldn't have mattered. It was great television, but not a greatly played game of footy, especially with 2 main defenders out.

It reminded me of last years first "win" against an injury and COVID ravaged West Coast. Adelaide Oval was alive and buzzing. I was disgusted at how desperate we were. We thumped a crippled team and all we got was another year of this lousy coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trust the cavalcade of shitters to start defending Hinkley. **** off Cassisi, you just want a board spot you vanilla loser.

Tredrea says some things in the media "TREATMENT NOTHING SHORT OF DISGRACEFUL"

christ these guys have thin skins, it's no wonder we get belted by anyone with a spine.

Its ok they just won their grand final. The rest of the season is meaningless now
I said it before, that was the dead cat bounce. They won't sustain that motivation lol. These losers never do. Even if they get a few in a row, wait till mid-season and dead of winter and the wheels will well and truly fall off.

There is nothing ken and Koch can do to win me back .. win a premiership? Nice.. u can both still * off.
They have done an incredible amount of damage to anyone who actually has their ear to the ground. Only people that don't listen to or follow what they say closely would still accept them. Well, that and intellectual pygmy's.

He isn't slagging off the club. He is describing the actions of a narcissist who is actively kneecapping the club he loves and giving a factual account of the performance of the senior coach.

I'm sure Tredders couldn't give a * about what these vacuous suckholes are saying about him.
The media is/will portray his comments as slagging the club off,that’s expected as the AFL and media have a understanding.
Even if by some chance we play finals this year I still believe Ken will be gone.
If Koch wasn’t running the show at Alberton we wouldn’t be having this discussion.
He has really caused division’s between supporters/ members that I have never seen in over 50 years of supporting the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back