Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The diff a good ruck can make.
A good ruck & an effective tall CHB are crucial to premiership success imo. Ken has failed to prioritise these positions. He continually fails to identify when players are past their peak & therefore acts way too late to address these situations. It's like it has to be broken almost beyond repair before he will act. That mentality will never be successful.

It’s been 3 or 4 years for me. My rage is not good for my usually perfect blood pressure. He elicits a really aggressive reaction from me .
Me too. I just can't deal with frauds that fleece a club or work organisation. It does my head in. The fact he doesn't say anything meaningful, or on many occasions, talks absolute nonsense, infuriates me. This is supposed to be elite level sport not some country hick competition.

God bless Tom Rockliff suggesting that Gold Coast may seek out Hinkley

God bless Fremantle for knocking them over

And as always, God bless Warren G Tredrea

Sack Hinkley Hack Stinkley amen

If the players are 100% playing for the coach and these are the results we get, then that should be even more reason to remove the coach. Especially with "the best list he has ever had".
Well if the players won't stay next year if he's not there, the club has to decide if it's prepared to lose another 15000 members. Because if Hinkley gets an extension, the anger from the fans will be huge.

It’s been 3 or 4 years for me. My rage is not good for my usually perfect blood pressure. He elicits a really aggressive reaction from me .
I'm past the anger stage - my overriding emotion these days is indifference. Of course, that will change the instant Ken utters those glorious words, "I resign." (not re-sign)

"We're preparing to play our way of football ...," said Hinkley

One of the few examples in world sport whereby the style of play isn’t readily identifiable, nor successful, but the coach and players constantly refer to it as if ‘futile dourness when not predictably flakey, with the odd good quarter every now and then’, is something to be proud of.

Edit- plus preparing us to maybe lose - "this will be a tough, hard game that will go to the wire."

It's our home ground Fktard. Act like it.
Hinkley's MO since 2015 has been to downplay expectations of success so his failures don't look as bad.

He is the master of underpromising and under underdelivering.

I doubt Koch truly supports any club in any sport, it's all about his public profile, back when he was apparently a swans `supporter' I suspect his interest would have been more about networking than the actual team.
I could swear I've seen a photo of him in a Swans scarf in the past but f*ck me if I can find it now.

One of the few examples in world sport whereby the style of play isn’t readily identifiable, nor successful, but the coach and players constantly refer to it as if ‘futile dourness when not predictably flakey, with the odd good quarter every now and then’, is something to be proud of.
Preach.

Drives me mental when Hinkley refers to hinkleyball as 'Pordadelaide fooball'. That's not ****ing Port Adelaide football you ****ing geelong handbagger

How can a coach make unbiased decisions about dropping or trading players when his interests are conflicted. The same goes for our footy boss CD.
This surely can't continue, may be it's something for Tredrea to sink his teeth into.

Trained by Dustin Drew, Max Power, which has drawn Box 1 in Race 1 at 6.35pm, is raced by The Future Syndicate, which includes Port coach Ken Hinkley and reigning Brownlow Medallist Ollie Wines.

Also involved in the ownership group are current players Darcy Byrne-Jones and Tom Clurey, former players Tom Rockliff and John Butcher and General Manager Chris Davies.

But as far as Drew was concerned, the run of the race came from Max Power, a son of Bella Infrared and Aston Selena, and raced by the Future Syndicate which is managed by Ken Hinkley, the Port Adelaide Football Club’s senior coach.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley's MO since 2015 has been to downplay expectations of success so his failures don't look as bad.

He is the master of underpromising and under underdelivering.

an Eastern European troll farm tasked to produce anti-Port propaganda like a cryptomining operation underpinned by its own solar array, couldn’t compete with the rage-inducing garbage that Hinkley, Koch, Thomas, Rucci, Kane, Richardson and certain players have churned out over the past 7-8 years:

‘we’re a little battler club that can’t compete with its peers and the sooner the delusional members and fans aka ‘white/outside noise’ who don’t understand how AFL football works realise this and stop expecting success — while we simultaneously claim to be Chasing Greatness™ and Expect To Win Premierships™ — the better.

let Ken get on with the insurmountable task of attempting to extract any sort of consistency out of a very young team that is almost too young despite an average age profile smackbang in the premiership sweet spot, with more 30+ year olds than grab-a-granny night at the Arkaba. get behind us or p¡ss off.’

Zak Butters requesting a trade after the sacking opens up so many tantalising opportunities.

A good ruck & an effective tall CHB are crucial to premiership success imo. Ken has failed to prioritise these positions. He continually fails to identify when players are past their peak & therefore acts way too late to address these situations. It's like it has to be broken almost beyond repair before he will act. That mentality will never be successful.
It’s a reflection of the overall regime - always reactive, never proactive.

Whether it’s identifying players over the hill, changing structure or the gameplan, it’s always responding instead of planning ahead

I'm past the anger stage - my overriding emotion these days is indifference. Of course, that will change the instant Ken utters those glorious words, "I resign." (not re-sign)
His contract is up so re can't resign. I wish I was indifferent, it's much easier & far more pleasant for those around you. Ha

His face there is absolutely hilarious.

THEY ARE SCREWING MOI, DAVID KOCH, PRESIDENT OF THE PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB'S MOMENT.
Well considering the extended photo had the Chinese Premier and Big Mal,
1681541103311.png
Chinese premier Li Keqiang wears both scarfs despite David Koch handing him Port Adelaide merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back