Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe 2014. In 2020 it was the gameplan. All those inside 50's in the last quarter and can't score! 2022 didn't even turn up. It was lack of preparation and motivation or something happened before the game and we don't know about it. I will never believe it was quality of players.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe 2014. In 2020 it was the gameplan. All those inside 50's in the last quarter and can't score! 2022 didn't even turn up. It was lack of preparation and motivation or something happened before the game and we don't know about it. I will never believe it was quality of players.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

2020 was a disaster. I could stomach 5, maybe 10 minutes, of letting Nankervis park his bus in our hotpot and repel everything, but to go the entire ****ing quarter and not one person, not one coach, runner, on field leader, or even the ****ing substitute, thought that something should be done about it?

How low was our footy IQ that night? And who's job is it to impart it?

I grabbed this from some article.

Hardwick and Dew were premiership teammates in Port Adelaide in 2004, and also worked together at Hawthorn. However Hardwick said he hadn't spoken to the sacked coach. "It's very cut-throat, that's the reality of the situation," Hardwick said. "My time will come, this is the nature of the business we're in. No apologies for that, you have to succeed."

2020 was a disaster. I could stomach 5, maybe 10 minutes, of letting Nankervis park his bus in our hotpot and repel everything, but to go the entire ******* quarter and not one person, not one coach, runner, on field leader, or even the ******* substitute, thought that something should be done about it?

How low was our footy IQ that night? And who's job is it to impart it?

That last quarter was a binfire.

Obliterated in clearances. Nank hoovering up everything a kick behind play, as noted. Hammer begging the umpire to shaft us with that diving fist over the boundary line. Ebert getting his eggs scrambled one last time. Everyone running on fumes because Ryan Burton pinged something early on and left us a man short for the third time in his last five games.

And they’ll swear black and blue that it’s tolerable because iT cOuLd HaVe GoNe EiThEr WaY.

That last quarter was a binfire.

Obliterated in clearances. Nank hoovering up everything a kick behind play, as noted. Hammer begging the umpire to shaft us with that diving fist over the boundary line. Ebert getting his eggs scrambled one last time. Everyone running on fumes because Ryan Burton pinged something early on and left us a man short for the third time in his last five games.

And they’ll swear black and blue that it’s tolerable because iT cOuLd HaVe GoNe EiThEr WaY.

If we just had a "bad" stoppage game we would have won that game by 5+ goals.

Instead the only that stopped it being a blowout in the other direction was our defensive unit playing their hearts out and Richmond kicking poorly for goal.

That was a clear bedshitting performance. The 1 goal final margin flattered the hell out of us and the blowtorch wasn't applied because we'd underperformed so badly in 2018/19 that we'd sufficiently lowered the bar to a level Ken could clear once again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Hinkley ever been sighted in public in everyday life, in a supermarket or fish and chips shop for example? I would definitely get a selfie with him

The media headhunting for Bevo's job is disgusting, multiple hit pieces in the past year for a bloke that last made a GF in 2021.

hq720.jpg

hq720.jpg

hq720.jpg

hq720.jpg

Meanwhile, "Kenny" has a armchair ride to new a contract extension despite achieving 11 years of donuts.

Be grateful you feral Port supporters, you're lucky to have a cuddly father figure of a coach whom the players love.

If we just had a "bad" stoppage game we would have won that game by 5+ goals.

Instead the only that stopped it being a blowout in the other direction was our defensive unit playing their hearts out and Richmond kicking poorly for goal.

That was a clear bedshitting performance. The 1 goal final margin flattered the hell out of us and the blowtorch wasn't applied because we'd underperformed so badly in 2018/19 that we'd sufficiently lowered the bar to a level Ken could clear once again.
Our defensive unit was absolute rat shit for that game - Richmond outscored us 20-30 from forward half intercepts, even though we had more of them (32-22).

Lost the clearances by 11? We lost the clearances in the last quarter 13-3. The score from stoppages was 9-6 by the end of the game in Richmond’s favour. As for the ruck? By the middle of the third quarter we had recorded 11 hitouts to advantage to 1.

It was the performance of a team that lost Burton early and had to send Motlop into defence which robbed our ability to create score from forward half intercepts. We had to create most of our score from defensive half chains - one of the reasons why we now play guys like Farrell and Williams in defence.

Has Hinkley ever been sighted in public in everyday life, in a supermarket or fish and chips shop for example? I would definitely get a selfie with him
Sotos fish and chip shop on Semaphore Road any lunch time.

Edit: Poo Eckert beat me to it

The talk about Bevo not finishing in the top 4 (despite the two GFs) is so funny because he’s only coached for one more season than Ken had when he had his first top 4 H&A finish. Double standards are all I can see from Kane here.

In the presser yesterday with TJ, he said Tommy was one of the two captains in his time at Port. This guy's stupidity is boundless.
Hinkley should be working at Barossa enterprises or something like that not coaching an AFL club.

*If this is offensive to some people I don't mean no harm... My aunty has down syndrome and worked there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back