Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
t's based on the fact that the previous decade of premiers ranked top 6 for those stats in some form or another. They didn't just pick those stats out of a hat. They even give you the number of teams that were top six in those particular categories as a percentage.

If Collingwood or Port wins the flag this year, they will give less weight to some of the stats and more weight to others. You have to remember that they only started tracking most of these stats for the past 10 years so it's not going to be exact...but it's better than nothing.
I still don't like the Top/Middle/Bottom 6 theory.

Its expedient because users are used to looking at premiership tables so to present it this way is giving them something they are used to.

The key to good Data Visualisation is to present it in the best manner that people can understand the meaning of the data.

If you have this data for instance. I'll keep it simple (I've made up the numbers)

Average Handballs per game

Adelaide 158.8
Brisbane 157.2
Carlton 156.5
Fremantle155.8
GWS 155.6
Hawthorn 155.4
North 155.3
Port 155.2
West Coast 155.1
Gold Coast 155.0
Sydney 154.8
Melbourne 154.7
Western Bulldogs 154.6
Collingwood 154.5
Essendon 142.3
St Kilda 142.1
Geelong 141.8
Richmond 140.7

If you split these into groups of 6 Western Bulldogs and Collingwood are deemed to be in the bottom 3rd even though they had only 2.5% less handballs than the leader.

Therefore it is better to group them for instance as teams high usage of handballs those within 5% of the leader and those with less usage those with greater than 5% less than the leader.

The second way gives you a better interpretation of the data.

I can imagine Ken and Jordan over dinner. That Janus guy really told those white noise dickheads do you think I could use him as an analyst Dad. No Rooch is too busy re-writing the history of the club Jordan. You know I think we're going to have to shoot Bessie she's just too slow and the pet shop are getting suspicious about the number of bunnies I've bought this month.

Kwality

How does Ken still have a job? Seriously he's the modern day Terry Wallet! Minus the tan of course...

Kenny™ (246 games without a GF appearance) will actually pull clear of Wallace (247 games) if he can’t make the Big Dance this year.

So he’ll either buck 127 years of VFL/AFL history by qualifying for a Granny in his eleventh season, or with the new contract fresh in his pocket, he’ll bump Plough down the order with only Bill Stephen (258 games) to come.

At which point the all-time record for longevity-to-decider futility will be his and his alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to ThunderJanus what's the minimum number of All Australians a coach needs to have on their list in order to make a Grand Final?

1693442181897.png

We have;
Rozee
Houston
Butters
Aliir Aliir
BoaK
Dixon
Wines
Byrne-Jones

Of those eight only Dixon didn't play in our last minor round game.

According to ThunderJanus what's the minimum number of All Australians a coach needs to have on their list in order to make a Grand Final?

View attachment 1790841

We have;
Rozee
Houston
Butters
Aliir Aliir
BoaK
Dixon
Wines
Byrne-Jones

Of those eight only Dixon didn't play in our last minor round game.

Yes but notice how there's only 1 intercept defender in that list?

Our best intercept defender is Aliir who averages 2.34709876923 intercepts per game whilst our next best McKenzie only averages 1.69873274187 intercepts per game. But here's the kicker - all other top 4 teams have multiple intercept defenders who average at least 2.132975328636 intercepts per game. In light of this, how can you possibly expect Hinkley to make a grand final, let alone win a premiership?

Also, it's not the SANFL anymore Port fans, you can't expect to win a premiership every year. You won a premiership as recently as 2004 so as long as you're over 30 you should be able to remember it.

The lunatic fringe need to realise what an amazing coach Hinkley is, he literally saved the club. When he arrived you had tarps, couldn't win a game and were about to be kicked out of the league after maybe a decade of being on the bottom of the ladder. Incredible how ungrateful you all are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back