Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
9uIE2Ap.jpg

It's no surprise that players and coaches read bigfooty. Some people are just footyheads like the rest of us who can't get enough, and this board gives us something we can't really get elsewhere.

But if they post, they clearly don't believe in Hinkley any more than we do, because I don't remember the last time I read a needle-moving post defending Hinkley and his regime. Sure, there's plenty of "get behind the boys" posts, plenty of "nobody credits Ken when we win" and then Janus's stuff where he completely sidesteps the coaching situation to besmirch the players and make excuses, but not a single genuine and insightful Hinkley defence.

I've got news for you lol. I got screenshots of bigfooty sent to me via SMS once telling me off for talking about the shape some players were in during pre-season.

Jesus Christ. Was this from someone who'd have your number or have they done some sleuthing and found your number from the membership database?

Has a club ever been worse at dealing with the most gentle criticism?

It wasn't any of Davies/Cornes etc. who sent the text, but I know they review what is posted here and if anyone down the chain has leaked anything they get told.

Jesus Christ. Was this from someone who'd have your number or have they done some sleuthing and found your number from the membership database?

Has a club ever been worse at dealing with the most gentle criticism?
I don't want to get this person in any more trouble as they are talented and very kind, but yes they would have had my number as I'm familiar with them. I know they 100% don't read bigfooty themselves though, so it had to have come from elsewhere.

I actually don't care that the players are friends with the Hinkley family. It's not the players who hire or fire the head coach.

I'm certain there would be players at other clubs who are friendly with the adult children of their coaches. I'd even assume there are other coach/player combos who have a joint stake in a racehorse or greyhound.

But there's only one coach who has coached into his 11th season without a flag. The problem is 100% David Koch being an incompetent coward.

It wasn't any of Davies/Cornes etc. who sent the text, but I know they review what is posted here and if anyone down the chain has leaked anything they get told.

This sums it up. More interested in defending their own positions at the club then they are in the club being successful. It's absolutely no wonder we have not been successful for decades. The club is the antithesis of a successful organisation.

This sums it up. More interested in defending their own positions at the club then they are in the club being successful. It's absolutely no wonder we have not been successful for decades. The club is the antithesis of a successful organisation.

Yep, see Ken ringing journos who criticise him to tell them off. They hate any discussion of their performance and they hate public pressure. It's absolutely pathetic. The whole propaganda machine with Cornes moving the goalposts re what a successful year would look like.

Ken knows he didn't get everything right in the 2021 prelim, but the quickest way to cut off the discussion was to say he wouldn't change a thing.

I actually don't care that the players are friends with the Hinkley family. It's not the players who hire or fire the head coach.

I'm certain there would be players at other clubs who are friendly with the adult children of their coaches. I'd even assume there are other coach/player combos who have a joint stake in a racehorse or greyhound.

But there's only one coach who has coached into his 11th season without a flag. The problem is 100% David Koch being an incompetent coward.

The problem is the Hinkley and Koch scene is not just about football. It's all the daddy stuff, family, being good people. Inside the club permeates outside it. The tentacles of Ken (Kentacles?) Go long and wide. He's made himself part of the furniture. Part of the lore. The playing group surely don't see him as just the coach anymore.

This would all be palatable if there was a culture of winning, but there isn't.

There's only one coach that gets the kind of 'forget about success' PR that Ken gets.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The problem is the Hinkley and Koch scene is not just about football. It's all the daddy stuff, family, being good people. Inside the club permeates outside it. The tentacles of Ken (Kentacles?) Go long and wide. He's made himself part of the furniture. Part of the lore. The playing group surely don't see him as just the coach anymore.

This would all be palatable if there was a culture of winning, but there isn't.

There's only one coach that gets the kind of 'forget about success' PR that Ken gets.

Sheedy got "not renewed" by Essendon. Choco got sacked here. You can be part of the furniture and still be sacked if your board is competent.

Sheedy got "not renewed" by Essendon. Choco got sacked here. You can be part of the furniture and still be sacked if your board is competent.
They were winners.

Tom Hafey has often been described as a father figure to his players, but he was a ruthless man who lived by high standards for himself and others.

FFS we've already heard Sheedy say that he banned water skiing in his club. There were more standards and expectations.

Every so often it feels this club becomes more of a social club than it was yesterday. A social club headed by Ken and happily enabled by the board, and the players wouldn't change a thing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Oh god. It can't be."

"What's happened?"

"It's BigFooty sir. A new meme seems to have arisen. It's contagious, and devastating for anybody who comes across it."

"What can we do?"

"Sadly it may already be too late. It could already be in this room right now."

"BLOODY WELL SAID"
I was hoping for "easter anal" 🥺

Seeing creepy Kenny on after Craig McRae on AFL 360 made me think of one thing....sack Hinkley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back