Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Saturday June 21
North v South (Prospect)

• Greg Gallman makes his long awaited return to league football and he is named at FB. In the reserves Tony Armstrong is named on the half back flank. Without wanting to sound harsh, Armstrong would want to crack a league debut at some stage to be safe from delisting. Andy Otten will resume with the Panthers and David Mackay will play just his second game of SANFL football as he has been omitted from the Crows.

Central v Glenelg (Elizabeth) ABC TV

• Brad Symes has successfully completed his recovery from an ankle injury and takes his place on the half back flank for the Dogs. Rookie James Moss will continue to battle away in the reserves. James Sellar will take to the field for the Bays however they have included a key forward and ruckman in their side so he would want to show something on the weekend. In form rookie Ed Curnow will line-up in the reserves.

Eagles v Sturt (Woodville)

• Gun, soon to be upgraded future HOF Jared Petrenko is named on the half back flank. Ken McGregor, whose AFL career looks over, will line-up alongside Petrenko at CHB. Trent Hentschel is named at FF and youngster Jarrhan Jacky, coming off a 28 possession game, has been named on the half forward flank. No word yet as to the Sturt side but despite his excellent form rookie Brodie Martin will most likely still be playing in the reserves.

Sunday June 22
West v Port (Richmond)

• Patrick Dangerfield has been named on an extended bench for West however the speculation is that he will be the traveling emergency for Adelaide and therefore will not play for West. Versatile tall Brad Moran has overcome a hamstring injury and will line-up at FB for West.

(Norwood Bye)

There could certainly be some selection headaches for the Geelong game in 2 weeks time (split round) if Hentschel, Symes, Moran, Mackay, Otten, Sellar and Jacky play well in the SANFL as well as Massie and Griffin to come back from injury. Jericho, Tippett and Stevens will come under a lot of pressure to perform this week as their spots in the 22 are under threat.

Armstong in the BPs each wek for reserves.

Why can't he get in the A's.

Seems very strange to me.

I think it's mostly due to a lack of consistency, he just can't seem to string 2-3 good games together. I'd like to see him on the wing for the league side at some stage this year as he runs hard both ways, but with Lonie racking up his 30 mainly meaningless touches across the half-back line each week I'm not holding my breath.

Good to see Gallman named, now I just hope he survives the cut after White and Lonie are added to the side after being named as outs for the 400th week in a row despite having very little chance of playing for the Power, especially with White playing very well down back in the last few weeks.

Named on an extended interchange.

Minimal changes to last weeks team according to the Club email this arvo and it looks like Martin is a definite in:

LEAGUE SIDE

F SHARPLES CHAMBERS FARMER
HF HERRING PERRIE BENTLEY
W MARTIN SHEEDY WICKS
HB NELSON FITTOCK WHITEMAN
B COAD MCLEAY MCGLONE

R FEAST THOMSON CRANE

INT FROM DELUCA PAYNTER EVANS GREGORY

IN SHARPLES MARTIN
OUT PAPAGEORGIOU

http://www.doubleblue.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Or has this line up since been changed?

Minimal changes to last weeks team according to the Club email this arvo and it looks like Martin is a definite in:

LEAGUE SIDE

F SHARPLES CHAMBERS FARMER
HF HERRING PERRIE BENTLEY
W MARTIN SHEEDY WICKS
HB NELSON FITTOCK WHITEMAN
B COAD MCLEAY MCGLONE

R FEAST THOMSON CRANE

INT FROM DELUCA PAYNTER EVANS GREGORY

IN SHARPLES MARTIN
OUT PAPAGEORGIOU

http://www.doubleblue.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Or has this line up since been changed?
Nope, that would definitely be the official line-up, my apologies betterthanu. Great to see Martin in. This is getting a bit ridiculous now, I want to head down to a game on Saturday as well as the Sunday game but I can't decide which game. Prospect is the closest to me, the game at Elizabeth is the best but the game at Woodville has Petrenko and the debut of Martin! Such a hard deicison, but I'm leaning towards North/South.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saturday June 21

Sunday June 22
West v Port (Richmond)

• Patrick Dangerfield has been named on an extended bench for West however the speculation is that he will be the traveling emergency for Adelaide and therefore will not play for West.

According to an article on the AFL website he will play.

First-round draft pick Patrick Dangerfield will fly with the team before returning to play with West Adelaide in the SANFL.

Great to see so many boys playing league:thumbsu:

Who would have thought a week without the Kite and Walker show could be so interesting!

Armstrong and Curnow would be feeling a bit left out of the fun:eek:

Nope, that would definitely be the official line-up, my apologies betterthanu. Great to see Martin in. This is getting a bit ridiculous now, I want to head down to a game on Saturday as well as the Sunday game but I can't decide which game. Prospect is the closest to me, the game at Elizabeth is the best but the game at Woodville has Petrenko and the debut of Martin! Such a hard deicison, but I'm leaning towards North/South.

I can't believe it, Martin made it to the senior side. If he ends up an AFL player this year it will be an amazing journey from not even making the reserves to being an AFL player a year later.

Good to see the club is planning to play Dangerfield even after flying him across the entirety of Australia and back. Pity there's no TAC Cup or we could then fly him to the eastern states and have him play there too, hahaha.

Hentschel to kick 6 goals this week!

The decisions on our rookie listed players could be interesting at the end of the year. Has there ever been a year where all rookies were either retained or elevated?

How good is our recruitment department atm. Everyone we have picked look very promising, even someone we plucked from the under 19's. Who needs high draft picks.

The decisions on our rookie listed players could be interesting at the end of the year. Has there ever been a year where all rookies were either retained or elevated?

How good is our recruitment department atm. Everyone we have picked look very promising, even someone we plucked from the under 19's. Who needs high draft picks.
Petrenko will be upgraded, no question. Curnow is probably 50/50 however there was an article about him lately so it would seem as though he's going along okay and will probably be retained on the rookie list. Moss is a strange one, our fist pick, a guy we "hid" last year, and yet there hasn't been a lot said about him. No articles, no real mentioning of him anywhere, and he hasn't yet made his league debut. I had Martin in the scrapheap but his last two weeks have been outstanding and he's even making his league debut, something two other rookies haven't done. Still, playing league football doesn't mean anything if you can't cut it at that level or look as though your game can go to the next level.

For whatever reason I think Armstrong could be in trouble. When I saw him there was a bit to like and he could take time to develop, but spots on the list will be very hard to come by next season.

Best I'm aware of was 2001 rookie draft, from which we elevated Bock, Rutten & Mattner (only Paul Thomas missed out on being promoted - though he did go on to play 8 games for Essendon).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back