SANFL Round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimmy Sellar starting on the bench and Symes at Half Back Flank. How's Sellar these days?

Symes first kick in to the forward 50 ineffective. Had Westoff on the lead but decided to centre it and put it up way too high.

I know Ive said it before and VicCrow for one wasnt impressed but Cook needs to get on the field.
I think we all want him to get on the field. I just don't think there's any threat over his spot on the list. The club posted on Cook's hamstring earlier in this week (I can't remember which thread) and basically he's not had recurring hamstring injuries, he's just had spasms and that.

Just because we chopped Obst a couple of years ago doesn't mean every first year player needs to sleep with one eye open. Especially since he's had an unlucky year with injuries.

Does anyone think that that the afc should change sanfl clubs for sellar, he just isn't the 'go to man' for the bays generally and is behind a handful other forwards, so there is often no option but to put him in the ruck most times. I mean if Walker was in the bays would he be performing as well as he is currently?

I wouldn't mind seeing sellar moved to Norwood and he and walker can develop a good forward structure for the crows in the future.

I'm just saying this purely because every time (most anyways) i read the SANFL reports on glenelg sellar always seems to play either in the ruck or just sits on the bench. I mean it's not doing us a favour by keeping in him a team where he is always being played in a position we do not require him to play.

What are your thoughts on this?

Sellar defensive pressure. Won the contested ball and locked it in against 2. Good stuff!

Who's Grima? Seems to be gunning it for the Bays. Taking marks everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sellar's tackling, chasing, all things 1%ers are impressive, hopefully his fitness base is gradually improving too. They are building the fundamentals which will then hopefully lead to improved performances.

Remove this Banner Ad

SANFL Round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back