Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (10) released 13/8

Season (7) :
• Noah Long (Knee)
• Elijah Hewett (Foot)
• Tyler Brockman (Ankle)
• Callum Jamieson (Ankle/Knee)
• Dom Sheed (Foot/Hamstring)
• Luke Edwards (Concussion) - Was TBC
Josh Rotham (Abdominal) - Was TBC

Test (3) :
• Campbell Chesser (Groin) - New
Tom Barrass (Back/Hamstring) - No change (Back is new, Concussion is gone)
• Coby Burgiel (Hamstring) - Was 1-2 weeks

Harry Edwards has passed the concussion protocols and is available to play

Mate a navicular injury is totally different to sesamoiditis don’t mind your different views that are opinions but this statement is total bullshit and makes it clear you’ve got no medical background or basis to make this statement.

You’re comparing damage to the keystone of an arch vs a pebble that fits in it.

But they’re both part of the foot!

Mate a navicular injury is totally different to sesamoiditis don’t mind your different views that are opinions but this statement is total bullshit and makes it clear you’ve got no medical background or basis to make this statement.

Its the same area of the foot isnt it? Its not same surgery but same area?

Miguel made that comparison moreso then me? Im just saying its same area of foot which it is...

People got massive reading problems here. Read the words, not magically between the lines and make wild baseless assumptions

Its the same area of the foot isnt it? Its not same surgery but same area?
Totally and utterly different. Absolutely incomparable. Would be like saying a dislocated shoulder is similar to a fractured finger. Navicular injuries can be catastrophic to the structure of the entire foot. This is why as much as I’d love Mraz with our 2R pick I wouldn’t draft him unless he released the MRI and CT images and reports of his inury.

Totally and utterly different. Absolutely incomparable. Would be like saying a dislocated shoulder is similar to a fractured finger. Navicular injuries can be catastrophic to the structure of the entire foot. This is why as much as I’d love Mraz with our 2R pick I wouldn’t draft him unless he released the MRI and CT images and reports of his inury.
Ill take your word for it then. Me saying its the same surgery wasnt my intention. Im saying its same part of the foot.

Both are known as career ending for sure. If we go back to the 2 long term examples you got Colyer who played 80 games in a 14 year career and had 5 surgeries that I can find from 2015 to 2023 and then Scharanberg whose career ended right away after other injuries took hold. Colyers main lot of surgeries post surgery were knee related too

Ill take your word for it then. Me saying its the same surgery wasnt my intention. Im saying its same part of the foot.

Both are known as career ending for sure. If we go back to the 2 long term examples you got Colyer who played 80 games in a 14 year career and had 5 surgeries that I can find from 2015 to 2023 and then Scharanberg whose career ended right away after other injuries took hold. Colyers main lot of surgeries post surgery were knee related too
It’s not the same part of the foot. One is the dorsal mid foot and the other is the plantar forefoot. Sesamoiditis is not even close to a serious navicular injury and your second paragraph carries no weight whatsoever to comparing the two. Best park it I think.

Well you can lie about what I said or can look at what I said

It had a impact down of course.... just like Hewett has a new injury that isnt sesamoiditis but something different... It didnt cause him to retire but he didnt exactly come back and play after it either.
The stress in the foot is not an impact of having surgery.

The stress in his foot is because something's still not 100% in his foot intrinsic and arch biomechanics. This would've been the cause of the original sesamoid injury.

Lastly, bone stress is more than just biomechanics. Daily dietary habits play a huge role.....Vit D, protein intake. Alcohol strips Vit D calcium. Too much sugar in the diet affects how your kidney deal with, namely stripping calcium from your body.

So, has he done the right thing when he gets home and eats like an elite athlete should, or like a lot of 19 yo, does he think he can eat what he wants to because "I'm an athlete"? This could very well be about his professionalism in this regard.....but he'll learn.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

One match sim for Hewett and another stress fracture in a different spot and unrelated to the first is worrying.
2022 draft looking like a swing and miss
This is now a genuine worry. We invested a 1st rounder in this kid. A pre draft medical may have revealed issues with his feet but apparently clubs aren't allowed to do that because?????

Truly gutted about Hewett.

I guess it's not the end of the world though. Shuey missed his entire first year and played just 6 games due to injury in his second. It's not a death knell, I just hope it isn't something chronic that is going to inhibit him next season. We badly need Elijah on the park and turning into the scoreboard damaging mid he can be.

I think it can be underestimated just how important it is for a young players development when they remain fit in the early stages of their career. I just feel like if they stay on the park it all just clicks a bit easier as they aren't forever playing catchup.

Missing pre season, missing chunks of the year, having to regain fitness again, then having to regain touch again, then oh look we have a setback...

Pretty filthy cycle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not the same part of the foot. One is the dorsal mid foot and the other is the plantar forefoot. Sesamoiditis is not even close to a serious navicular injury and your second paragraph carries no weight whatsoever to comparing the two. Best park it I think.
Listen. The point is they are both part of the human body.

As much as its a shame for Hewey, i feel that he still has a big future.
Easy to write players off as "too injury prone" and "career in jeopardy" but when its a top 15 pick, and we have invested a bit in him, and he is super determine we are going to try a lot harder to get him right than for example a rookie.
I'm sure he will leave no stone unturned to get himself right.

As much as its a shame for Hewey, i feel that he still has a big future.
Easy to write players off as "too injury prone" and "career in jeopardy" but when its a top 15 pick, and we have invested a bit in him, and he is super determine we are going to try a lot harder to get him right than for example a rookie.
I'm sure he will leave no stone unturned to get himself right.

To be fair we're all still pretty burnt from other succesful first round picks that have come up trumps for us recently.

Venables - Dead
Brander - Potato
Chesser - No comment

Add to that Jarrod Cameron walking off, Rioli smoking pot and the list being in such a dire state, you can imagine why people are jumping at shadows, particularly for such an explosive athlete like Hewett who has already won so many fans for the way he plays.

We need talent and we need it to stay on the park.

I think it can be underestimated just how important it is for a young players development when they remain fit in the early stages of their career. I just feel like if they stay on the park it all just clicks a bit easier as they aren't forever playing catchup.

Missing pre season, missing chunks of the year, having to regain fitness again, then having to regain touch again, then oh look we have a setback...

Pretty filthy cycle.

Yeah this is very true, particularly for midfielders, where ability to cover ground and read the play are such crucial parts of the game.

Really the only outright star mid I can think of who had an injury blighted first couple of years after getting drafted was Shuey.

Yeah this is very true, particularly for midfielders, where ability to cover ground and read the play are such crucial parts of the game.

Really the only outright star mid I can think of who had an injury blighted first couple of years after getting drafted was Shuey.
yeah his first couple of years were bad, soft tissue injury and then his sister was killed - to get a great career still...tough character!

I am sure he will play 200 games, but pick 2 for a HBF?

I know right - that pick 1 on arguably the greatest captain of the modern era that Hawthorn wasted in Luke Hodge is still embarrassing today!

Can we get a list of approved positions by picks please? Just want to know what positions constitute reaches, wastes, busts etc.

It’s ok guys we still have Ginbey to make the pick split worthwhile

The actual pick 2s stats at Optus on the weekend: 16 disposals (4 contested), 2 tackles, 2 clearances, 66% disposal efficiency
vs Ginbey: 15d (6 contested), 4 tackles, 2 clearances, 85% DE

Sure let's keep running down our guy in every thread though

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back