Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams ability to have his opposing ruck get career best disposal tallies against him is a sight to behold

How the hell does Marc Pittonet end up with 20 possessions and 8 clearances?
How does he get that and I miss my multi???
Oh right, picked too many Eagle goal scorers

Yeah there's another few years of these types of games popping up let's not kid ourselves.

The key is to not make them as often.

Been half a dozen this year improved from 10+ previous 2 years

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that is a fair assessment. It was a pretty bad outing today, but some of our games the last 2 years have been much worse, it is only recency bias for those saying this is the worst game in 3 years.

I have certainly had more enjoyment from this years performances than the last 2, but no denying that today felt pretty shit

We need a proper tap winning ruck who can hit to advantage of our mids, or at least halve the contest so oppo mids aren’t getting the ball palmed directly to them in space. Bailey Williams is not a forward nor a ruck at AFL level. Keep Jack Williams up forward with the odd chop out in ruck and Darling can go.

LoL when I got on the plane waiting to take off I checked the score and it was WCE 14 to CARL 2 and Jake had 2 and I thought "wow ok"

hour or so flight....

When we landed I turned my phone back on and checked and it was CARL 77 to WCE 23 and I thought "yep, that's right"

I wasn't mad, just disappointed.

What the heck happened

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Between Pittonets 8 clearances and Cripps getting 2 or 3 just plucking from the ruck contest we giving up 25% of clearances before the ball even involves the midfielders.

Like enough is enough with this crap. I dont care if we have 7 ruckman on our list next year. Win some hitouts and stop the opposition ruck from dominating the game beyond all recognition. In the past 5 weeks we have had Marshall with 10 clearances, McInerney with 10 clearances, Xerri with 13 and Pittonet with 8 . In 2 of those games the ruck was the leading clearance winner, McInerney only beaten by Neale and then today the ruck contests led the clearances

How can our midfield compete with that happening?

We need a proper tap winning ruck who can hit to advantage of our mids, or at least halve the contest so oppo mids aren’t getting the ball palmed directly to them in space. Bailey Williams is not a forward nor a ruck at AFL level. Keep Jack Williams up forward with the odd chop out in ruck and Darling can go.

And herein is where our problem is… Jack Williams gets subbed out because they won’t sub jack darling out. .. players are being not played or played out of position because the credit crew still can’t be moved on from

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We went in too tall, darling poor again. one of Maric and hutchinson should've played to counter the flee army.

we have to travel to the cattery next weekend!

We need more midfielders. Trew can't find it.

I think Cripps is done.

Harley getting distracted while Cripps runs away from him.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
[/QUOTE]
I have no doubt about the enormous potential and ability of Harley but it seems to me that he is currently playing an individualistic even selfish game.

The big runs and fed offs look great but they are not resulting in goals. Some of his kicks were not to the advantage of teammates. I am loathe to criticise him but he is not yet the finished product.

Last edited:
Positives

Freo board melting, Harley Reid, Longmuir top of the agenda. Eat shit campaigners, imagine having a list like that and having to pin your hopes on 16th placed West Coast winning in Round 23 just to make the 8. The lot of them can grow up, also if I haven’t mentioned already, suck shit.

Harry Edwards. Tyrell Dewar.

Negatives

Everything else about that match, absolute piss weak showing. Who’s surprised.

We need a ruckman.

That's genuinely disgraceful by Cripps especially. At least JD was trying to do the team thing (badly) but Crippa just gave up. Can't have a senior player/leader doing that. Been our main problem for quite a few years. Our "leaders" picking and choosing when they feel like trying

Negative:
1. Our players seem to have a heavy buffet lunch before the game; don't want to chase; don't want to spread; no second effort; simply too lazy to move.
2. WCE celebrated the Gaff's exit with the old jogging style of play.
3. This is a systematic failure and need to be identified and addressed as quickly as possible.

It was bloody freezing with that wind at the game. Young bloke said he was cold and then when that Ryan/Darling/Cripps calamity happened on our half forward flank I was like “Ok let’s go”. It was the 18 minute mark of the third quarter. Normally I’m one to stick it out the bitter end but that was an utterly shameful performance today.
that was the worst of the many missed opportunites we missed.

so...who is the campaigner that Schofield was referring to that didn't follow instructions on Cripps? surely he wouldn't be that scathing if it was just Trew.

judging by highlights its trew or yeo. but looks like it was trew who was trash and let him waltz.

Last edited:
Positives

Freo board melting, Harley Reid, Longmuir top of the agenda. Eat shit campaigners, imagine having a list like that and having to pin your hopes on 16th placed West Coast winning in Round 23 just to make the 8. The lot of them can grow up, also if I haven’t mentioned already, suck shit.

Harry Edwards. Tyrell Dewar.

Negatives

Everything else about that match, absolute piss weak showing. Who’s surprised.

We need a ruckman.

I naively visited when I first went on Bigfooty and looks like nothing has changed. After a bit, you get confused on whose board you are on.

Bailey Williams is terrible... But we all know it...
Dont know who was on Carlton Cripps but he single handedly destroyed us...

Senior guys like Duggan Cripps cole always fumbling... I mean seriously... You're AFL footballers!... Please recruit composed footballers!

Ginbey Waterman Allen Ryan complete mares today...Reid good but never does the team thing... More interested in highlight reels, fights,
and fiddling with his hair when chips are down...

Kelly is the biggest liability... Missed tackles galore and dumb decisions and fumbly.

Yeo pass mark... Dewar pass mark gov pass mark

Hedwards mate... Kemp looked like Wayne Carey...

Woe is us

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back