Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (10) released 20/8

Season (10) :
• Noah Long (Knee)
• Elijah Hewett (Foot)
• Tyler Brockman (Ankle)
• Callum Jamieson (Ankle/Knee)
• Dom Sheed (Foot/Hamstring)
• Luke Edwards (Concussion)
• Josh Rotham (Abdominal)
• Tom Barrass (Back/Hamstring) - Was 1-2 weeks
• Jeremy McGovern (Thumb) - New
• Jamaine Jones (Concussion) - New

It’s the last game of the season so all players are now listed as out for the season

Chesser and Burgiel have both been removed from the list after recovering from their respective injuries

Andrew Gaff has retired and won’t be available to play

Jones out of the WAFL with a head knock suffered at training, according to the local rag Im trying to avoid these days.

Depending on when he suffered it, that might be the last we see of him as 12 days could rule him out of next week’s action too.

Schofield said in yesterday’s press conference that Jones got a knock during Thursday’s training doing match sim

Didn’t mention concussion but that would line up with saying he got a knock

So that’s him done for the year and probably means he’s played his last game for the club sadly.

Schofield said in yesterday’s press conference that Jones got a knock during Thursday’s training doing match sim

Didn’t mention concussion but that would line up with saying he got a knock

So that’s him done for the year and probably means he’s played his last game for the club sadly.

With how close he is to Kelly, I’d hope he could hang around with the Beagles assuming no one else grabs him.

We need to be looking at which 18-22 year old players arent good enough. We definitely have at least a couple who are a very low chance to make it. This includes Culley.
No way as he has just come back from an ACL and it’s always been the way it’s not until their second season back that a coach can tell where a player is at - for it’s well known for awhile they lose penetration in their kicking after being out with an ACL. Of course should he wish to return to his home State well then that’s his decision to make but far too soon to think of delisting him imo.

No way as he has just come back from an ACL and it’s always been the way it’s not until their second season back that a coach can tell where a player is at - for it’s well known for awhile they lose penetration in their kicking after being out with an ACL. Of course should he wish to return to his home State well then that’s his decision to make but far too soon to think of delisting him imo.
Culley’s issue is speed, which was absent before his ACL. He should be afforded the time to regain his lateral movement etc since his ACL but his speed is his speed.

We need to be looking at which 18-22 year old players arent good enough. We definitely have at least a couple who are a very low chance to make it. This includes Culley.
First priority: we need to be looking at which 60+ gamers aren't good enough. We definitely have at least a couple who are very low chance to make it.

First priority: we need to be looking at which 60+ gamers aren't good enough. We definitely have at least a couple who are very low chance to make it.
We can look at both groups. If the club is on about making up to 10 list changes then those guys 18-22 will be looked at.
We are going to have to delist/trade out some of them very soon, theyre not all going to make it.
Hes always been slow.
His only hope of playing for us is by making it as a midfielder. With Trew showing something, Hewett back next year, likely some sort of midfield depth traded in, our first pick being a mid and Reid + Yeo + Kelly already in there its not getting any easier to get a game.
Id have no issues if we delisted him

Final injury report for the year

In total, 10 players didn’t get to the finish line

McGovern (thumb) and Jones (concussion) added to last weeks list

Gaff (retired) isn’t on the list but won’t play this weekend either

Jezza Cameron gonna kick a tenner on us this week :tearsofjoy: But honestly, 10 blokes on the injury list to end the year ain't so bad considering like only two or three of them would've been best 22 caliber players. A major step up over the last couple years. I'm not including McGovern in that, I'm talking about throughout the year in general. Was a decent injury year for us.

No Hewett and our first choice ruck all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jezza Cameron gonna kick a tenner on us this week :tearsofjoy: But honestly, 10 blokes on the injury list to end the year ain't so bad considering like only two or three of them would've been best 22 caliber players. A major step up over the last couple years. I'm not including McGovern in that, I'm talking about throughout the year in general. Was a decent injury year for us.

No Hewett and our first choice ruck all year.

Looking through the final list and most of the injuries are collision related and not soft tissue.

I think that’s the most noticeable improvement from the last couple of years that whilst we have had some inevitable soft tissue injuries, the number and severity of them has come down

What has been more prevalent, and I suspect it’s a league wide issue, is concussions

It’ll be interesting to see how many players go in for post season surgery. At this stage, Hewett and Jamieson would be the main concerns for start of preseason which likely starts back in about 3 months

Wish they'd just come out and say TB has burned his bridges with the club and we won't be playing him going forward.

Definetly feels like a bitter split.

McGovern drove across the country with a punctured lung and still had to be held back from playing in Simmo's last game, TB can't even be bothered turning up to the ground for Gaffs last and Cripps 250, two blokes who he's played his entire career with.

Has really soured me on him.

McGovern drove across the country with a punctured lung and still had to be held back from playing in Simmo's last game, TB can't even be bothered turning up to the ground for Gaffs last and Cripps 250, two blokes who he's played his entire career with.

Barrass has put his body on the line more than 99% of our players over the last few seasons especially.

If this means he's avoiding any potential injury before a big payday for himself/the club in a trade, I don't mind at all.

Really hope he wins a flag with the Hawks.

Barrass has put his body on the line more than 99% of our players over the last few seasons especially.

If this means he's avoiding any potential injury before a big payday for himself/the club in a trade, I don't mind at all.

Truly wish I could tell my employer I might be working somewhere else next year so I'm going to stop coming into work so I don't get hurt.

If he didn't go to the ground I'd be annoyed, but surely he was in the rooms. As for not playing, if he'd played then we rob H Edwards of his opportunities (and he has look amazing these last few games).

Agree, except for winning a flag with the whorks

If he didn't go to the ground I'd be annoyed, but surely he was in the rooms. As for not playing, if he'd played then we rob H Edwards of his opportunities (and he has look amazing these last few games).

Oh I'm fine with playing Edwards in front of him, just wish they'd cut the bullshit and call it for what it is.

Difference is that your work wouldn't be getting back access to a couple of the best young prospects in your industry as compensation

And that's fine, I'd much rather the club be upfront about it then fluff out injury excuses.

Guess I'm just a bit jaded on West Coast after the last few years of outright lies and deceptions that have come from the clubs medical rooms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back