Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (10) released 20/8

Season (10) :
• Noah Long (Knee)
• Elijah Hewett (Foot)
• Tyler Brockman (Ankle)
• Callum Jamieson (Ankle/Knee)
• Dom Sheed (Foot/Hamstring)
• Luke Edwards (Concussion)
• Josh Rotham (Abdominal)
• Tom Barrass (Back/Hamstring) - Was 1-2 weeks
• Jeremy McGovern (Thumb) - New
• Jamaine Jones (Concussion) - New

It’s the last game of the season so all players are now listed as out for the season

Chesser and Burgiel have both been removed from the list after recovering from their respective injuries

Andrew Gaff has retired and won’t be available to play

And that's fine, I'd much rather the club be upfront about it then fluff out injury excuses.

Guess I'm just a bit jaded on West Coast after the last few years of outright lies and deceptions that have come from the clubs medical rooms.
Not sure what you mean.
In other news I heard we have signed Schofield up already to a super secret 5 year contract as head coach, we'll find out about it in 2026

Not sure what you mean.
In other news I heard we have signed Schofield up already to a super secret 5 year contract as head coach, we'll find out about it in 2026
How could you know if it’s super secret?

I heard a former North player, a dual premiership player apparently, was the mystery fourth applicant. Supposedly, has high level coaching experience.

McGovern drove across the country with a punctured lung and still had to be held back from playing in Simmo's last game, TB can't even be bothered turning up to the ground for Gaffs last and Cripps 250, two blokes who he's played his entire career with.

Has really soured me on him.
To be fair the culture at the club is rubbish and hes probably been told to piss off

Barrass is a smart guy and a deep thinker. I doubt he's throwing a tantrum. It wouldn't surprise me if the club has done him dirty a bit with all of this. He's paid significantly lower than some of our other pea hearted stars.

Barrass is a smart guy and a deep thinker. I doubt he's throwing a tantrum. It wouldn't surprise me if the club has done him dirty a bit with all of this. He's paid significantly lower than some of our other pea hearted stars.
Sure but he also signed a contract and agreed to be paid that much.

Not sure how interested I am in this new thing where a player signs a contract and then decides they should get more money when they play well - you don't see clubs reducing the $$$ when they play shithouse.

Not sure how interested I am in this new thing where a player signs a contract and then decides they should get more money when they play well - you don't see clubs reducing the $$$ when they play shithouse.
Players are happy to take the long term deals for security but will seek a trade when things get tough. It's pretty disingenuous.

Imagine the outcry from the players association if clubs were able to trade them NBA style.

There is a hint in tantum throwing apparently. The blood nut came out last week that Barass wanted to be captain this year but received no votes from the playing group which upset him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've heard that his pay percentage didn't or barely increased compared to other players. Something to that effect. And not just on Schoey's podcast either. To me he seems to be getting the short straw and is probably having a tanty over it. Unfortunately this is a sour end to a 150 game premiership player.

There is a hint in tantum throwing apparently. The blood nut came out last week that Barass wanted to be captain this year but received no votes from the playing group which upset him

Hardie? We’re believing stuff he says now?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seems strange that he’d then be made vice captain if he received no votes

Per Jarrad Schofield on SEN this morning :

The team photo taken after training was a spur of the moment thing initiated by Schofield when he noticed Gaff watching from the sidelines and one of the long term physios who is leaving (my guess is Finucane). So with one of the social media people everyone who was out there was rounded up

Not every player was there for a variety of reasons and specifically he said Barrass was in the building but not on the oval hence him not being part of the photo

So nothing sinister about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be interesting to see how many games we lost to injury this year vs the previous 3 years going back to 2021.

Feel like we were overall far healthier this year.
Oh we definitely were. And we were still shit for 80% of the season. All those excuses about COVID and injuries.

But whats the point?

The alternative is staying home and help look after the kids or do housework

Training would be more fun

I've heard that his pay percentage didn't or barely increased compared to other players. Something to that effect. And not just on Schoey's podcast either. To me he seems to be getting the short straw and is probably having a tanty over it. Unfortunately this is a sour end to a 150 game premiership player.

Weighing Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back