Review Slow starting Cats come storming home to defeat Tigers by 30 points

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to stop playing blicavs in the midfield. Second ruck yes but he has added nothing in the midfield this year. Looked much better with more ball winners in there like bowes and holmes spending more minutes. Perhaps he should spend more time in defence when not rucking and jack henry can spend more time foward to give us an actual marking option down there (neale back to seconds).
I was agreeing with you until you had Henry going to play forward in replacement of Neale
If you haven’t said let’s move Henry out of the Backline due to the amount of goals he has conceded in the past 8 weeks I would’ve agreed.

Duncan will be shy of 300 games at the end of this year. I think he's done, but I reckon he'll be given the chance to get to the milestone if he wants to.

Personally i think he should retire and go out before a decline.
That said i agree with you as we will have 4 or 5 other retirements i think the club will let him go on.

Good.
I would too.
The umpiring is embarrassing this year.
Good, it was an absolute joke in the first half again
No free kicks next week then ..
F*** SAKE CHRIS STICK A CORK IN IT!
Plenty ….for the opposition :huh:
Seems to go that way .

The level of ump has been 💩 this year .

This McBurney won't help he was a garbage ump..

Agree with all of these comments.

Still, AFL, especially their umpiring department, believe they’re infallible like the Pope + are beyond reproach. They’re irascible.

As a result of Scott’s criticism, do umpires take their revenge on the players? You be the judge.

Rd1 St Kilda - Home (H)
G14 - 18 Home (H)

Rd 2 Adelaide - Away (A)
18 - 9G

Rd 3 Hawthorn A
21 - 20G

Rd 4 Bulldogs A
16 - 14G

Rd 5 North H
14G - 17

Rd 6 Brisbane A
19 - 15G

Rd 7 Carlton H
10G - 14

Rd 8 Melbourne A
17 - 14G

Rd 9 Port Adelaide H
17G - 19

Rd 10 Suns A (I think this is when Scott first criticised umpires, happy to be corrected)
14 - 29G

Rd 11 GWS H
19G - 14

Rd 12 Richmond
19G - 20
Last night in Q1 free kicks were 0 - 9. At the end of the game they were 20 - 19

The only thing worse than tonight’s game is the bloody phone reception at the ground.
Impossible to meet up with anyone and god forbid if you like to look at stats during or even listen to it.
I know the Comms games being canceled has a lot to do with it but a $80 booster from JB HIFI does a better job than that Telstra tower they’ve put in
It was amazing that... it was 💩, when leaving the ground, out the main entrance . There was a portable Telstra Portable Phone reception on trailer.. Even with that there it still did bloody nothing...

Scott talked shit about the umpires again in the press conference 🤦‍♂️
Have you seen their calls the last month? It can't honestly get worse, hopefully it puts the spotlight on the umpires and their absolute hot garbage performances the last 5 weeks in Geelong matches.

Rd1 St Kilda - Home (H)
G14 - 18 Home (H)

Rd 2 Adelaide - Away (A)
18 - 9G

Rd 3 Hawthorn A
21 - 20G

Rd 4 Bulldogs A
16 - 14G

Rd 5 North H
14G - 17

Rd 6 Brisbane A
19 - 15G

Rd 7 Carlton H
10G - 14

Rd 8 Melbourne A
17 - 14G

Rd 9 Port Adelaide H
17G - 19

Rd 10 Suns A (I think this is when Scott first criticised umpires, happy to be corrected)
14 - 29G

Rd 11 GWS H
19G - 14

Rd 12 Richmond
19G - 20
Last night in Q1 free kicks were 0 - 9. At the end of the game they were 20 - 19
So we're 1-11 in free kick counts.
Maybe two things are correct at the same time.

Umpiring in the AFL is rubbish, and we're ill disciplined comparative to the rest of the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardie would have been handy out there in the first half 😬
I was talking to a very well known ex Geelong Player. He played 200 plus Games for Geelong..
A few things he said..

We Have 1 of the weakest midfield group currently in the AFL.

1 thing he couldn't understand is.. Why Hardie and Mannagh aren't getting a game.
He said Mannagh shouldn't of even got dropped to start with.

And he said with Match selections, Chris Scott has his favourites and doesn't pick players that who deserve there chances

I was talking to a very well known ex Geelong Player. He played 200 plus Games for Geelong..
A few things he said..

1 thing he couldn't understand is.. Why Hardie and Mannagh aren't getting a game.

And he said with Match selections, Chris Scott has his favourites and doesn't pick players that who deserve there chances
We could all play 20 questions to figure out who it is but there's 42 with 200+ so may still not pick the right name!

Good.
I would too.
The umpiring is embarrassing this year.

Good, it was an absolute joke in the first half again

No free kicks next week then ..

F*** SAKE CHRIS STICK A CORK IN IT!

I don't know how you could interpret his comments as "talking shit", if anything he was defending the umpires.

Particularly liked the call when the Tigers player dived on the ball 5m out from our goal and got tackled by another Tigers player and they were too gutless to call the most obvious HTB ever under any interpretation of the HTB rule.

Oh great! :rolleyes:
There goes our ‘minusculerestest’,
slimmest chance of beating Sydney.

Umpires next week:

15. Matthew Nicholls
View attachment 2008675

22. Nathan Williamson
View attachment 2008683

32. Jacob Mollison
View attachment 2008686

37. Martin Rodger
View attachment 2008679

Reserve:
18. Ray ‘Razor’ Chamberlain
View attachment 2008691

<KILL ME NOW>

Edit: Generalissimo is correct, not official umpires, my opinion about umpires who dislike Geelong the most.

Have you seen their calls the last month? It can't honestly get worse, hopefully it puts the spotlight on the umpires and their absolute hot garbage performances the last 5 weeks in Geelong matches.

Whether they've been shit or not is irrelevant. They consider themselves a secret society who are the true powerbrokers and the most important part of the AFL match, without whom the game just can't go on. They are accountable only to themselves. First Scott call them out, then he called out their boss. They don't appreciate have the attention being brough their way. It is akin the just yelling calm down to someone who is fuming. They'll be out for blood.

A few things he said..

Guarantee he would have been a “sack Scott” guy all through 2012-2021.

We could all play 20 questions to figure out who it is but there's 42 with 200+ so may still not pick the right name!
My main point I was trying to say, it's not like a ex player like Wylie Buzza who played 5 or so games. This ex player had many years down Geelong and is still involved with the Club was saying this.
( Which I totally agree with him )

My main point I was trying to say, it's not like a ex player like Wylie Buzza who played 5 or so games. This ex player had many years down Geelong and is still involved with the Club was saying this.
( Which I totally agree with him )
As do I.

Read far too many disparaging opinions on him from BF couch potatoes.
Not fussed what the philistine fanbase thinks of him, we still should be giving him a shot.

As for favourites, Scott absolutely does have his favourites. Some pay off like Blicavs. Others like Murdoch... Not so much.

Whether they've been shit or not is irrelevant. They consider themselves a secret society who are the true powerbrokers and the most important part of the AFL match, without whom the game just can't go on. They are accountable only to themselves. First Scott call them out, then he called out their boss. They don't appreciate have the attention being brough their way. It is akin the just yelling calm down to someone who is fuming. They'll be out for blood.
How is the quote feature going there? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Slow starting Cats come storming home to defeat Tigers by 30 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back