Autopsy Smashed in the middle no worries brutal 14pt win against the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing Doggy fans complain about umpiring and Stevic made my day
Remember all those comment about how they ‘were first to the ball so of course they won the frees’.

Tbh - I still think 70% of their passes are throws. I am convinced that Bev has trained them to exploit the rules. I hope the umps wake up to this at some time in the next decade and stop penalising the team tackling them.

Dan's post has disappeared. Totally agree with H2F. I've watched Lewis quite closely his whole career and never seen him do anything dodgy.
Dogs seriously unlucky today with two head knocks (both from guys contesting the ball) plus Naughton.
Did they get frees for those knocks?
Someone I know who was at the 2016 GF who saw us have our legs taken out for no frees wants to know.
He cares that why he’s asking.

That was an away win and they don’t come easily.

Oddly we have been blessed in the first half of the season with a few injuries yet during preseason we lost Mills, Parker and Adams.

Dogs were brave like a lot of our opponents this year. Apparently turning up and playing is brave.

Umpiring was poor.

Warner lifted us to the win.

Campbell seems not up to it at AFL level at the moment.

AFL media are battling with the Swans performances. Now it’s a case of we’ve won too many games.

If the AFL is ever to be a national competition, the Melbourne media AFL Melbourne teams f..k-fest has got to stop. We could go undefeated for the year, winning every final by 5 goals+ yet post the GF all the talk will still be about how Essendon won their first final in 10,000 years, how lucky we were as the Pies came back from a bad start, how Geelong keep on playing finals and never bottoming out and how Carlton once again missed the wooden spoon. The clubs will get together and decide that since the Swans won the GF, beating every team AND since the only team to beat the Swans was the Tigers, then by the sort of bent AFL logic that saw us punished for following the rules when we recruited Buddy and saw Parker given a life sentence for a block, the premiership will be awarded to the Tigers. Yze will be bemused, Softwick will be incensed, Horse will be flummoxed and throw his hands in the air in frustration. Dusty will be celebrated as the only player to win a Norm Smith without playing in the GF.

Every week I've summarised the Footy (Melbourne) media, in an exposé of these southern charlatans. I might as well start with the synopsis from Round 11

Rd11. Headline: Melbourne media and Bwave-Dogs left in shock as 50:50 umpiring decision goes to Swans. “I don’t comment on umpiring decisions” states Beveridge - subtext - I don’t have to, they always go to the Dogs - “But I just have this to say….” He then proceeds to bang on about one umpiring decision for the next few minutes. Read the room Bevo, everyone knows you had more than your share of free kicks in the 2016GF - What’s that? Apparently the bigwigs of the AFL beg to differ. The Bwave Dogs are so bwave. Bevo used the word bwave 27 times in one paragraph.

So much for AFL impartiality.

In the AFL website’s Match report, writer Gemma Bastiani hands any credit for the win to a masterclass from West Australian superstar Chad Warner. “Every time the Dogs threatened to take control of the game and open up a winning margin, it was star Swan Chad Warner who turned the tide”

No mention that at pick 39, every other club passed on him at least twice. If he was an academy player the AFL would give fast Eddie and the Melbourne clubs a free rein to pillage the northern academies.

The Dogs were so much braver than the Swans, according to Bastiani. She can be heard drooling as she writes : The Dogs were brave to the end despite losing key forward Aaron Naughton (knee) and in-form midfielder Ed Richards (concussion), who had been arguably best on ground to that point, early in the game….but a controversial 50m penalty paid to Hayden McLean put an end to the comeback, just as the Bulldogs threatened to snatch it.

Aww, poor Bravedogs. Bastiani really needs to write her own copy rather than leaving it up to a couple of Bontempelli stalking volunteers in the Dogs marketing department to run something up for her. My guess is she was too busy hanging out in the Dogs’ change room, her scent mingling with the rank sourness of stale sweat from these bwave, bwave players as her eyes slide lazily down their hairy backs.

<YUK Filter activated>
The Brave Dogs is stale shtick. Disappointed to see you attack a fellow Swans supporter!

The Brave Dogs is stale shtick. Disappointed to see you attack a fellow Swans supporter!
Absolute satire over on the dogs board.

Autopsy thread title “

Brave Bulldogs go down by 14 points”​

It’s not even sarcasm. Apparently a hybrid victim-entitlement culture uses bravery to describe any scenario that isn’t a victory

View attachment 1998569
If you rate Squiggle, you could take the stand that we beat the second best team in the competition (on their home ground).

Great win !!!!
Squiggle works off a ratio of points for and against. Aka percentage. Dogs had the second highest percentage after the Swans (and still do) via beating up some minnows.

I let caesar88 take one for the team. :laughv1:
Confused High Quality GIF

That 50, like the earlier one to Joel was 100% correct. In both cases the dog knocked the ball out of their hands. No false drop.
Two big head clashes and luckily our guys (Harry and Ollie) both survived. 🤞
Francis did pretty well last week but the reach on the 3 tall dogs plus Bont is extraordinary. He was in decent position but well shy of the ball.
Melican, despite having a few kicked, was very smart tonight. Kept saying to myself "Nice job there Lewis". One especially when he tore across the right BP and marked the ball in front of our bloke and theirs. Sweet.

You are 100% incorrect about the Vandemeer knock of the footy. In real time that’s just not 50 even in this match there were those marks they took and we managed to spoil fractionally late and it was play on. Correct call is they blow the whistle and pay the mark. I would be ropable if we got called 50 for that.

I’m glad we got it but objectively that’s a poor call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Campbell the new SBFWB? (Swans Big Footy Whipping Boy)

Sure, he’s not Gulden or Blakey, but is he really that bad? I don’t see him doing much wrong, he’s fast, puts in big effort, and when he gets hold of the ball, he’s a superb kick.

He also doesn't get (understandably) much time in his ideal spot

Backline is a worry - Rampe really lifted, but the McCartin Trench is a deep one.

What is his best spot? I’d say the wing.

In the guts like when he dominated the VFL I think.

Probably in a role Heeney Gulden etc play better than him.

Let him attend a few centre bounces once in a while see how he goes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back