Draft Watcher SMYTHE's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Richmond and the eagles were going to cook the books they wouldnt let Baker go PSD

They would trade him for F2 and do other pick swaps during the draft like Richmond trade 2 x 2nd rounders to move up 3-4 spots

If they did pay $900k x 5 years the AFL would have to give richmond pick #2 after the perryman & battle fiasco
Graham is a 2 time premiership player in the leadership group same age and same stats

Would the 2 clubs have the gonads to do it as it would certainly cause backlash
So a 500k player gets a 900K contract - so what does Baker get? You going to use nearly 2 million of the cap on players that don't deserve 2 million dollars?

Eagles will need every spare dollar to keep HR.

If Richmond and the eagles were going to cook the books they wouldnt let Baker go PSD

They would trade him for F2 and do other pick swaps during the draft like Richmond trade 2 x 2nd rounders to move up 3-4 spots

If they did pay $900k x 5 years the AFL would have to give richmond pick #2 after the perryman & battle fiasco
Graham is a 2 time premiership player in the leadership group same age and same stats

Would the 2 clubs have the gonads to do it as it would certainly cause backlash
Baker going to the PSD is exactly what the eagles need to do. Why would they want more of a downgrade on their first pick?
The might split that pick but doing it for baker is ludicrous

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So a 500k player gets a 900K contract - so what does Baker get? You going to use nearly 2 million of the cap on players that don't deserve 2 million dollars?

Eagles will need every spare dollar to keep HR.
Its basically pick purchasing by not giving up #14 for Baker
Eagles will have so much cap space its not funny with their retirements and off loading Darling / Barrass as well as delistings
Richmond & West Coast are effectively looking at $6-$7 million surplus in the cap in 12 months time

Its basically pick purchasing by not giving up #14 for Baker
Eagles will have so much cap space its not funny with their retirements and off loading Darling / Barrass as well as delistings
Richmond & West Coast are effectively looking at $6-$7 million surplus in the cap in 12 months time
How will the Eagles players feel about Graham being one of the highest paid players at the club to save a late 1st round draft pick?

How will the Eagles players feel about Graham being one of the highest paid players at the club to save a late 1st round draft pick?
Same way every other clubs players feel when new players on large salaries arrive , They dont care and just worry about their own situations. Polec arrived on large salary at the time and north players were fine same with Martin at Carlton

Also West Coast players apart from maybe 5 players the rest would just be worried about staying on the list

Same way every other clubs players feel when new players on large salaries arrive , They dont care and just worry about their own situations. Polec arrived on large salary at the time and north players were fine same with Martin at Carlton

Also West Coast players apart from maybe 5 players the rest would just be worried about staying on the list
Sounds like a pick in the late 30s early 40s will happen shortly.

Smythe, are you ready not expand your list up a bit? The time has come to see who are the bolters, slow burners, wildcards and potential late/rookie picks I reckon. That's where this draft get's interesting. A few recruiters are going to surprise everybody and maybe find some gems I believe mate.

Take the Baker/Graham nonsense to the trade board.

Smythe, any big movers in your rankings thanks to the combine?
I will be posting a top 50 tomorrow after spending a lot of September rewatching games. A few have moved up in my rankings (not due to the combine), and a few have gone up when it comes to mock drafts.

Last edited:
Smythe, are you ready not expand your list up a bit? The time has come to see who are the bolters, slow burners, wildcards and potential late/rookie picks I reckon. That's where this draft get's interesting. A few recruiters are going to surprise everybody and maybe find some gems I believe mate.
We posted at the same time, yes it will be expanding to 50.

Where would you have Logan Morris in a redraft?
I don't get into re-drafts, but he went around about the mark that I thought he would.
When you look at the draft that happened, north really should have got him with one of those picks that they had at 20 or 22, he had shown more last year than what Goad and Dawson had shown in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

October Rankings New
October Rankings

1. Sid Draper
  2. Levi Ashcroft
  3. Finn O’Sullivan
  4. Sam Lalor
  5. Harvey Langford
  6. Jagga Smith
  7. Murphy Reid
  8. Leo Lombard
  9. Tobie Travaglia
  10. Bo Allan
  11. Alex Tauru
  12. Luke Trainor
  13. Josh Smillie
  14. Xavier Lindsay
  15. Harry Armstrong
  16. Joe Berry
  17. Isaac Kako
  18. Sam Marshall
  19. Taj Hotton
  20. Cooper Hynes
  21. Jobe Shanahan
  22. Matt Whitlock
  23. Jack Whitlock
  24. Alex Dodson
  25. Oli Hannaford
  26. Tom Gross
  27. Harry Oliver
  28. Lachie Jaques
  29. Jonty Faull
  30. Jesse Dattoli
  31. Angus Clarke
  32. Noah Mraz
  33. Adrian Cole
  34. Christian Moraes
  35. Thomas Simms
  36. Hamish Davis
  37. Ben Camporeale
  38. Tyler Welsh
  39. James Barratt
  40. Jack Ough
  41. Hugh Boxshall
  42. Harry O’Farrell
  43. Kayle Gerreyn
  44. Will Hayes
  45. Gabriel Stumpf
  46. Phoenix Hargrave
  47. Rhys Unwin
  48. Nathan Sulzberger
  49. Logan Smith
  50. Joel Cochrane

October Rankings

1. Sid Draper
  2. Levi Ashcroft
  3. Finn O’Sullivan
  4. Sam Lalor
  5. Harvey Langford
  6. Jagga Smith
  7. Murphy Reid
  8. Leo Lombard
  9. Tobie Travaglia
  10. Bo Allan
  11. Alex Tauru
  12. Luke Trainor
  13. Josh Smillie
  14. Xavier Lindsay
  15. Harry Armstrong
  16. Joe Berry
  17. Isaac Kako
  18. Sam Marshall
  19. Taj Hotton
  20. Cooper Hynes
  21. Jobe Shanahan
  22. Matt Whitlock
  23. Jack Whitlock
  24. Alex Dodson
  25. Oli Hannaford
  26. Tom Gross
  27. Harry Oliver
  28. Lachie Jaques
  29. Jonty Faull
  30. Jesse Dattoli
  31. Angus Clarke
  32. Noah Mraz
  33. Adrian Cole
  34. Christian Moraes
  35. Thomas Simms
  36. Hamish Davis
  37. Ben Camporeale
  38. Tyler Welsh
  39. James Barratt
  40. Jack Ough
  41. Hugh Boxshall
  42. Harry O’Farrell
  43. Kayle Gerreyn
  44. Will Hayes
  45. Gabriel Stumpf
  46. Phoenix Hargrave
  47. Rhys Unwin
  48. Nathan Sulzberger
  49. Logan Smith
  50. Joel Cochrane

Found this interesting in the H/S:

Richmond currently holds the prized No.1 selection and is widely tipped to use it on Sam Lalor or Harvey Langford.

Found this interesting in the H/S:

Richmond currently holds the prized No.1 selection and is widely tipped to use it on Sam Lalor or Harvey Langford.
Well, there are 4 players everyone thinks/knows they are looking at, so they wouldn’t be far off. They are; O’Sullivan, Lalor, Smith and Langford.
BUT, it is the H/S, a fictional picture book best used for toilet paper.

Well, there are 4 players everyone thinks/knows they are looking at, so they wouldn’t be far off. They are; O’Sullivan, Lalor, Smith and Langford.
BUT, it is the H/S, a fictional picture book best used for toilet paper.
Great comment, although I find it is better as compost, even wiping my ass is too much engagement with the H/S for my liking

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Watcher SMYTHE's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back