No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
200.gif
Slow down Stav you'll need a skin graft.

On record he’s as good as any other coach that got to a grand final and didn’t win.
So you’re saying that a guy who coached a team to a draw in a gf, a super-close loss, another loss, and a loss at a different club (so 4 grand finals, at two different clubs), is equivalent to say a Leon Cameron, who had a list chock-full of talent and all he has to show for it is one 89 point gf loss?

I’m far from sold on this idea, but those two things are far from equivalent.

RTB has a questionable track record in development. We cant overlook his latter years at Freo. He was derided over there for his lack of ability to develop young players - Cox, Darcy, Brayshaw, logue, landon, pearce, taberner, collins, dyl robbo :) , menegola and others. They were all fringe players under ross, who went on to be solid players after he left, or after they left to another club. Our list is not ready to contend. RTB's development history is a worry to me. He takes contending sides and makes them better, he is unproven in development. Maybe he has learned that lesson and can bring in appropriate assistants etc to help. Id like to see him speak directly to this point if he is our next coach.
What did he do wrong with Brayshaw's development?

So you’re saying that a guy who coached a team to a draw in a gf, a super-close loss, another loss, and a loss at a different club (so 4 grand finals, at two different clubs), is equivalent to say a Leon Cameron, who had a list chock-full of talent and all he has to show for it is one 89 point gf loss?

I’m far from sold on this idea, but those two things are far from equivalent.
You’re spot on with this.

The other factor is who Ross came up against in Grand Finals.

2 generational teams (Cats and Hawks), and one in the Pies that literally ripped his gameplan off (and he still managed a draw).

Not all Grand Final opponents are equal and Ross went toe-to-toe in every contest with little to no luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back