No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The desperation of the supporters leading to a focus on winning games rather than setting up the foundation to win games has been a factor.”
Is that the club trying to blame their exasperated supporters for their latest shit sandwich.

All we really know as Saints supporters is incompetence and we've just witnessed the latest chapter. No wonder Walsh said we were irrelevant.
I wonder what Mr Bassat thought of that comment.

And that's my point, if he's not the messiah, why bother?

And his record is relevant because in his "modern" era, he's shown 2/5ths of 5/8ths of FA.

If you want experienced hands near the wheel, well we've got them - Walsh, Rath and probably Noble.

Use them to guide someone who is at least remotely connected to the current playing style and trends of the AFL.

I'd look at Leppa, Jaymie Graham or Yze.
Look at those three who have provided a collective zero over a guy that’s nearly won 3 flags

Put down the phone karen

And that's my point, if he's not the messiah, why bother?

And his record is relevant because in his "modern" era, he's shown 2/5ths of 5/8ths of FA.

If you want experienced hands near the wheel, well we've got them - Walsh, Rath and probably Noble.

Use them to guide someone who is at least remotely connected to the current playing style and trends of the AFL.

I'd look at Leppa, Jaymie Graham or Yze.
Leppa the failed coach who set Brisbane back years (conveniently overlooked by you)

Graham who wasn’t in the running for any of the jobs that just went.

Yze, the man overlooked for each job this off season aswell as the jobs last year.

I’ll stick with back Ross. If he wants it. There isn’t a better candidate.

I agree but having some eye on the present as well would help. Rath seems like a waste of time to me. He's from the same era. Getting a younger coach with some new ideas to help Ross would be a massive help. Our game style looked 10 years out of date under Ratts. Rath was supposed to be our strategist. He's got to be on notice along with Gags.
Think Rath will be 1st to go under Lyon

Gallagher should go in next few weeks who ever we get for coach

Last edited:
Just hope all the I am gonna tear up my membership people don’t regret it when Ross the Boss takes us to the promised land… 2009 and 10 are In my 40 plus years of membership, the only time we have been a team to really fear, he has the respect of the players and the right amount of mongrel in him to drive standards hard for success… bring back the boss

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

How have we sunk lower than those two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We haven’t but extending a bloke then 3 months later sacking him does look dumb.

I’ve said it a few times but I’m glad with the decision, this feels like a step in the right direction but if you were an opposition supporter you’d have a chuckle at the spectacle of it all.

The club was very fare dinkum about how they conducted The Review, much more than any of us even dreamed of. What makes anyone think Ross has been preselected?
I don’t think that fits the new world order.

The club was very fare dinkum about how they conducted The Review, much more than any of us even dreamed of. What makes anyone think Ross has been preselected?
I don’t think that fits the new world order.
It looks like they have someone lined up and he is the only one that seems to really fit the criteria that they set out on the presser.

Just hope all the I am gonna tear up my membership people don’t regret it when Ross the Boss takes us to the promised land… 2009 and 10 are In my 40 plus years of membership, the only time we have been a team to really fear, he has the respect of the players and the right amount of mongrel in him to drive standards hard for success… bring back the boss

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Agree. RTB or Hird. Down to those two IMO.

Look at those three who have provided a collective zero over a guy that’s nearly won 3 flags

Put down the phone karen
Nearly…

On the record they’ve got the exact same number of flags.

Ross is clearly capable but if we want a proven flag winning coach it’s not Ross.

I get the romance and all that but we should probably be looking at Ross with both eyes open.

as much as i dont like RTB hes probably a good fit for us atm to sort some men from boys and as a transition to a coach like collingwood has

wished we got GT back instead of walsh , think walsh is like malthouse and very over-rated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find that anti Ross are old and pro Ross are the young ones
I’m on the “older side” of young, and I wouldn’t have a problem with Ross. Smart guy and strategic thinker. The members of one of our more successful teams we’ve had all hold him in very high regard. Who am I to disagree with them.

He'll also have a lot more support around him than he did then. Open to other ideas but I’m certainly not jumping ship if he gets the gig.

Last edited:
I agree but having some eye on the present as well would help. Rath seems like a waste of time to me. He's from the same era. Getting a younger coach with some new ideas to help Ross would be a massive help. Our game style looked 10 years out of date under Ratts. Rath was supposed to be our strategist. He's got to be on notice along with Gags.
We have problems that far out weigh how the product looks onfield.

Ultimately, we need to understand what we have. Ross is actually bullish about the players we have.

He is all about hard work. Owning your actions. Setting standards and consistency of meeting them.

He holds people accountable. Everything is meticulously planned. He has history taking average footballers to high levels. Players that buy in and commit get more out of themselves then They could have ever imagined.

He is everything we haven’t had since he left.

Is that the club trying to blame their exasperated supporters for their latest s**t sandwich.

All we really know as Saints supporters is incompetence and we've just witnessed the latest chapter. No wonder Walsh said we were irrelevant.
I wonder what Mr Bassat thought of that comment.
He agreed. Has basically said so himself in other words.

Is Dank back in the game or still being persecuted for B12 supps?
No idea but it’s a good Segway. The supps saga demonstrated how ultra competitive Hird is. Exactly what we need. Just need a handler to make sure he plays within the rules. Allows Hird to bend the rules without breaking them. There’s a touch point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back