No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Scott finally winning it all again after being thereabouts since 2011 makes me warm to Ross Lyon even more.

It shows how damn hard Premierships are to win and that it is really hard to keep getting close like Scott and Lyon do with the clubs they are involved with.

The main thing in this league is that you need a coach who can at least get you close to the summit.

We know with us and Freo , Lyon gets you close. Then, with a few tweaks like Chris Scott had this year when it comes to ball movement for example, that can send you over the top and to the promised land.

Without a coach setting elite standards you are no hope.

With Lyon the defensive standards are there. We’ll just need to develop the talent we have like King, get more out of the likes of Hill and we’ll be thereabouts again.

Then it comes down to a few things falling into place and we win a flag.

Being thereabouts is light years ahead of where we are now. Lyon will get us back in the mix.

Hird or Ross. Jees this talk is not filling me with confidence. Ross had the best St Kilda list in about 40 years and the best Fremantle list ever and still failed to get either over the line. What the heck is he going to do with our current list? And Hird, please. Need I really say more about that idea?

I just don't see an end to the tunnel with these guys.
We will never move if we keep clinging to the past.

Ross Lyon is the past.

Without a coach setting elite standards you are no hope.

With Lyon the defensive standards are there. We’ll just need to develop the talent we have like King, get more out of the likes of Hill and we’ll be thereabouts again.

Then it comes down to a few things falling into place and we win a flag.

Being thereabouts is light years ahead of where we are now. Lyon will get us back in the mix.
This x 💯

We are a moribund organisation then. Beige but with a hint of decay grey creeping in. If we were a pudding it would be blancmange, if we were a grain it would be something fibrous and unsustaining, we are like a 1970s seaside fun fair in a coastal British town that has seen better days and in the peak of an extra biting winter cold snap, if we were entertainment it would be a Russian melodrama filled with dramatic doses of pestilence and poverty, if we were a car it would be something underpowered and impractical, if we were a town it would be a communist bloc gridded grey grotesqueness.
I like your analogies...they were 8 and 3 at the bye with 130+ % in the kitty.

Just because what has happened since Ross hasn't worked out, doesn't mean rushing back to the old ex is going to make this better.

Some things should stay in the past. And Ross Lyon at St Kilda is one of them.
I have 3 old ex's that I would happily rush back too if required ( not required currently) each journey would be better for the things learned since.

Just because what has happened since Ross hasn't worked out, doesn't mean rushing back to the old ex is going to make this better.

And there is nothing to say it won’t be a raging success either.

Your basing how you feel entirely on the fact he was here prior.

Instead of considering is he the best candidate for the job.

And if he isn’t. Please outline what you need the coach in our next coach. Because I’m genuinely interested to see what boxes Ross doesn’t tick.

We haven’t but extending a bloke then 3 months later sacking him does look dumb.

I’ve said it a few times but I’m glad with the decision, this feels like a step in the right direction but if you were an opposition supporter you’d have a chuckle at the spectacle of it all.
As many have said, living with that mistake for another 12 months would look even dumber.

I couldn't careless what the media & dipshits from other clubs say. They're always gonna pile on whenever anything controversial happens at StK.

It'll make it all the more delicious when we win one & we can tell those campaigners to stick it.

Leppa the failed coach who set Brisbane back years (conveniently overlooked by you)

Graham who wasn’t in the running for any of the jobs that just went.

Yze, the man overlooked for each job this off season aswell as the jobs last year.

I’ll stick with back Ross. If he wants it. There isn’t a better candidate.
Well we can both play that game.

Prefer all above to a bloke who was sacked from his last job after 4 years of mediocrity and hasn't been in a high performance environment for 3 years.

Had his time and his chance, time to move forward not backward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get the best available.....and he probably is. Just coz there's history doesn't make it the wrong move. That history wasn't wholly unpleasant either.

I tend to agree but ultimately you’re not measured on how close you got, you’re measured on how many you won.

We wanna be ruthless and success driven, that’s what it means.

But that measure shouldn’t be considered when you’re deciding if he should coach or not .. a bounce of the ball and a toe poke doesn’t make him any less of a fit .. the body of work and getting there and giving his side a chance to win it should be the measure

Honestly don't have a preference but really want it well thought through and process driven. Probably a younger guy with an experienced mentor though. Yze and Choco type set up ideally but not wedded to names.
i'd love YZE and WILLIAMS but would that be workable...having WILLIAMS around the younger coach would be worth every cent.

Hird or Ross. Jees this talk is not filling me with confidence. Ross had the best St Kilda list in about 40 years and the best Fremantle list ever and still failed to get either over the line. What the heck is he going to do with our current list? And Hird, please. Need I really say more about that idea?

I just don't see an end to the tunnel with these guys.
It’s fill

And if he isn’t. Please outline what you need the coach in our next coach. Because I’m genuinely interested to see what boxes Ross doesn’t tick.
stavro#4 i don’t get the anti Ross people, especially when the argument is that he is the past.

He’s just the best candidate out there by that far it isn’t funny.

Why go for an untried coach when you have someone as passionate and good as Rossy

I reckon that rule you have about not going back is pretty sound when it comes to most things in life/relationships.

But sport is a bit irrational - which is why we love it.

Our club is also a bit irrational - again plays a part in why we love it.

Ross is one of the few top quality coaches going around, even if he’s an ex.

I reckon I’m just about all in on Ross now. I’m going to sit back this weekend with a few G and Ts and watch the winning finals from 09-10.

I just want to hope again.

I'm basing it on the state he left the club in. He was the head guy. He was the one who exited players in press conferences after a final only to then jump ship and go to a team on the up.
He had a year to go on his contract.

We can look back with fond memories. But it is now time to look forward.

If the club undergoes a full coaching selection and he undergoes interviews and is selected, then awesome.
But if we just select him without doing Due Diligence then the club administration have learnt nothing.

As many have said, living with that mistake for another 12 months would look even dumber.

I couldn't careless what the media & dipshits from other clubs say. They're always gonna pile on whenever anything controversial happens at StK.

It'll make it all the more delicious when we win one & we can tell those campaigners to stick it.
Sure, doesn’t stop them having a chuckle about it. That’s all, not a shot at the club just a reminder that outside the walls stuff like this is amusing.

Agree. RTB or Hird. Down to those two IMO.
Triggering Bro's Nu Saints board challenge ticket

Board: Mark Riccutto, Xavier Campbell, Michael Nattlefold
CEO: Andrew Thighburn
Coach: James Hird
Assistant Coaches: Brendon Lade, Mitch Robinson, Dani Laidley
Head of Football Strategy: Danny Sexton
Head of Media: Damien Barrett
Elite Training: Collective Minds
Captain: Darcy Parish
Trainee Receptionist: Grant Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.