No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect it confirms exactly what I said - he is not a messiah.

You're forgetting that he couldn't win a flag with this list.

When you look at that list it does lack the depth of the better sides. He took over and lost some of the old guard and kids like Dal, Montagna types took a step up to become top players. He did start with a good list but he also culled and improved the list with up to date systems and structures. he took two clubs that were good lists but not the best to the brink and if not for a bit of bad luck could have won a premiership at both clubs.

He was a very good coach in the John Longmire vein. You knew what to expect and players knew what needed to be done to stay in the side. He'd straighten us up but you'd hope that we have a progression plan in place.

I realise Russia and/or China are on the nose RN but if we're looking at Hird let's not keep shit local… Who dares wins. throw some sickles and stars on the back of the jumper. Get it done/

Every time I think this club and you pack of absolute nuffs have a handle on things we end up courting re-treads like Lyon, or toxic f**kbiscuits like Hird

Jesus WEPT, I’d rather we try someone new and fail than try someone horrific and still fail.

Last edited:
I reckon Steele - Wilkie - Crouch - Sincs would love a chance under Lyon and it would bring the best out of them

And also think it would be great for Owens - Windhager - King The boys would become men

We haven’t but extending a bloke then 3 months later sacking him does look dumb.

I’ve said it a few times but I’m glad with the decision, this feels like a step in the right direction but if you were an opposition supporter you’d have a chuckle at the spectacle of it all.

Looks like a hedge.

If all I give up is a bit of money and some shit media that is all white noise because really now, it's us, when is it not shit media? This is a fine narrative of acceptable choice into new info and "yeah soz mate" as the ending. Not so much dumb as it is reactive on the review.

Lyon signed today for 3 years
19 posts since 2019, eh…

Suspicious Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s such an ignorant narrow minded view to call Ross a serial loser or say he’s not a good enough coach to win a premiership

In my view the coaches job is to get them there … what happens on the day can be anyones guest .. to get within a kick 2 years in a row and challenge the clearly the best side in the other year , and repeatedly challenging in other years .. that’s the sign of a good coach . A coach who gives his side the opportunity to compete at the end of the season

The way the results fell on the day doesn’t make him any less of a coach

What about as an assistant ?
I don’t want that botoxed, big-eared, braindead, morally-bankrupt, egotistical arseclown anywhere near my club. EVER.

I don’t even want him to drive past.

Hird or Ross. Jees this talk is not filling me with confidence. Ross had the best St Kilda list in about 40 years and the best Fremantle list ever and still failed to get either over the line. What the heck is he going to do with our current list? And Hird, please. Need I really say more about that idea?

I just don't see an end to the tunnel with these guys.

Lyon won 4 out of 22 in 2016 with this list.

He won 8 out of 22 in 2018 with this list

The bloke we just sacked won 11 with our list.

Old coach with old ideas - time to move forward, not backward.

Are you suggesting he should’ve done more with those lists ? Because they’re kinda average imo with a good top 5-6…. When he took over freo they were crap and they made a granny within 2 years

I reckon Steele - Wilkie - Crouch - Sincs would love a chance under Lyon and it would bring the best out of them

And also think it would be great for Owens - Windhager - King The boys would become men
He even made a player out of Zac.

It’s not romance, he’s the best candidate by a mile
Based on a 3 year old record? And his last finals campaign being 2015 I think?

Ffs just have them go through a process. Maybe a new coach is a better option. Why on earth is everyone so wedded to a bloke who hasn’t been to the finals in 8 seasons and hasn’t even been at a club in 3?

If he’s the best candidate that will come out in a thorough interview process, you wanna go through a review to sack a coach we just extended by then just get on our knees for a bloke who hasn’t coached anything for years? It’s bizarre to me.

It’s such an ignorant narrow minded view to call Ross a serial loser or say he’s not a good enough coach to win a premiership

In my view the coaches job is to get them there … what happens on the day can be anyones guest .. to get within a kick 2 years in a row and challenge the clearly the best side in the other year , and repeatedly challenging in other years .. that’s the sign of a good coach . A coach who gives his side the opportunity to compete at the end of the season

The way the results fell on the day doesn’t make him any less of a coach
I tend to agree but ultimately you’re not measured on how close you got, you’re measured on how many you won.

We wanna be ruthless and success driven, that’s what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back