Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Pridham on 3AW pre-game
Hearing that Carlton nuff Lane say to Pridham that the Heeney decision was good because it showed the AFL isn't altering decisions to suit the Brownlow :sick:🤢🤮.

I am sure he was extremely vocal when Cripps got off.

Last edited:

Spotted it.
Getting a bit pissed off at other teams having a crack at us supporting Heens at the game yesterday. Had some idiot of a Saints fan call it the most cringeworthy thing he's seen this century...at which point I reminded him of the time they set a dwarf on fire at their Mad Monday.

14JUL24: Swans Daily Media New

Herald Sun:
5. DON’T CHANGE THE BROWNLOW

Isaac Heeney’s suspension put everyone in a fizz. AFL coaching great Mick Malthouse was right when he told the ABC on Saturday: “It (the Brownlow eligibility rules) should not be touched under any circumstance and it (should stay) as it is … Don’t dabble with the rules of history.” The issue is how do we deal with careless acts – which once commanded a free kick – which now incur a suspension. My mate Brendon had a worthy idea. It’s a demerit point for acts considered careless and not intentional, or of a low impact, and if a player accumulated three demerit points then the player was suspended for one game. It would mean acts such as Heeney’s accidental swipe would not immediately incur a suspension. It would also mean, for example, that Zak Butters, who has been fined several times this season for lashing out at opponents, would be ineligible because he would’ve accumulated three demerit points. It’s an idea which keeps the Brownlow Medal integrity intact and gives some leniency to players.

Gotta love the ABC.

Apparently Callum Mills is a premiership player.

And they just couldn't resist giving votes to Cripps & Daicos, despite their teams both being soundly dispatched.

Gotta love the ABC.

Apparently Callum Mills is a premiership player.

And they just couldn't resist giving votes to Cripps & Daicos, despite their teams both being soundly dispatched.

I do see it with Cripps, thought he was massive in the last quarter of that game, but Daicos was VERY ordinary on Friday night, had a fair bit of it but didn't do much damage I thought. His brother was better in my opinion.

Wow, just checked the Brownlow predictor on the AFL website and they gave the 3 to Naicos!!!!
I watched that game at home, by myself so there was no chatting or doing other things, in other words I watched it pretty closely. Now I'm no expert, but I've watched a lot of footy over the years and even if they gave points for the top 5 players in the game he wouldn't have polled in my opinion.
What am I missing? I mean, apart from the wankfest that surrounds all things Naicos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL.cum Media are ignoring the Swans yet again. Several times this season, our game was the only one not covered on AAA. Not only that, we have not featured in The 10 for months. Some of our plays this season have been a delight to watch but AFL media put Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, Cats in every week but we get no Top 10 Highlighted. The bias against the Swans at the AFL is obvious & sickening. The last straw for me was this latest Heeney thing. It was innocuous & accidental contact. Yet a player can punch another in the face and get a fine. The AFL is still the effing VFL & if you are a supporter of the Big Three you get great coverage & all the money games at The G

The AFL.cum Media are ignoring the Swans yet again. Several times this season, our game was the only one not covered on AAA. Not only that, we have not featured in The 10 for months. Some of our plays this season have been a delight to watch but AFL media put Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, Cats in every week but we get no Top 10 Highlighted. The bias against the Swans at the AFL is obvious & sickening. The last straw for me was this latest Heeney thing. It was innocuous & accidental contact. Yet a player can punch another in the face and get a fine. The AFL is still the effing VFL & if you are a supporter of the Big Three you get great coverage & all the money games at The G
Rather win a flag

There were more important and interesting games this weekend then ours. The only thing interesting was Mills & Parker returning. We don't HAVE to appear when we play the team coming last and soundly beat them as expected. If we had lost then that would have made AAA.

By beating North? again its way to reactive on a week to week basis if we beat Brisbane then sure put us back to 1.

But if he had us 2rd or 3rd before the North win then it should remain.

As above, the argument can be made that Carlton's losses have dropped them, rather than our win rising us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back