Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

They waltzed it off half-back so damn easily. Imagine if they still had Kiddy Coleman there.

They waltzed it out of clearances so damn easily. Imagine if they had the Big O there.

How can we have been so awful?

Answer:

We mentally disintegrated.

Again.

And Horse’s team selection & bizarre guard-space zone defence was the nail in the coffin.

We were just happy to make it today i feel by Longmire presser.
Comments after the game almost a bit like it too. We'll fight to get back there.... Just no.

If we were serious the only words that should be said is we will not rest until we lift the Cup.

The mentality of almost there is good enough just sadly permeates through the club :(

What’s the most philosophical way to look at this?

MLK said that the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends towards justice.

I note that Bonz used ‘redemption arc’ as a theme for the finals previews (which were all awesome btw).

Perhaps our redemption arc is but longer still? Geelong waited a very long time to win their GF and Chris Scott’s prelim win rate is just 3/9. At the start of the year they won, most people, including me, thought Geelong were becoming a bit of a joke as a dad’s army.

The beauty of sport is hope. And I can’t help but feel how much sweeter a GF win could be next year, if it was the last for Rampe and Horse, with Mills actually taking the field as captain, and perhaps even with Adams breaking his way in for glory. One can but dream at times like this.

How is it with hindsight ????

All year the one part of the game horse emphasises is pressure and he instead turns ou forward line into a trampoline.

It doesn’t help that gulden and Blakey spent the first quarter aiming at purple shirts.

The way they just ran through the corridor in the first quarter must have been sending the signal that the swans cannot defend lions ball movement. Having a few extra runners rather than some witches hats has been obvious for a while.
I meant with "my hindsight". Before the game, I was happy with the 23 players selected. (though I would have had Fox in defence rather than forward)

But with perfect hindsight. I would have picked Amartey/McLean as the two talls then pick more smaller quicker players in the forward line. Guys like Campbell, Cleary, Adams, Warner and even Wicks. And just focus on forward half pressure and stopping their ball movement.

But obviously it would have been unrealistic to dramatically change our structure/lineup for the last game.

It was classy, but the self-congratulatory wank he ended the speech on left a sour note in my mouth. In 2022 sure we were a young team that got overwhelmed by the occasion, but after not showing up to a GF for the 2nd time in 3 years and 3rd in 11, there shouldn't be much room for patting ourselves on the back.
👍👍👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MLK said that the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends towards justice.

I note that Bonz used ‘redemption arc’ as a theme for the finals previews (which were all awesome btw).

Perhaps our redemption arc is but longer still? Geelong waited a very long time to win their GF and Chris Scott’s prelim win rate is just 3/9. At the start of the year they won, most people, including me, thought Geelong were becoming a bit of a joke as a dad’s army.

The beauty of sport is hope. And I can’t help but feel how much sweeter a GF win could be next year, if it was the last for Rampe and Horse, with Mills actually taking the field as captain, and perhaps even with Adams breaking his way in for glory. One can but dream at times like this.

Great words!

The fact of the matter is the position we were in we had a LOT go in our favor including a non Victorian opponent facing the same disadvatages as us the extra toll it would of taken on them starting 0-3 and losing multiple players to ACL's and a gruelling 4 week finals campaign.

We didnt leave the SCG for a month had everything in our favor and we WERENT EVEN CLOSE LOL!!

Pack it up and forget about it cherish 2005 and 2012 even more because you wont be seeing another anytime soon.

We were just happy to make it today i feel by Longmire presser.

Entirely wrong mentality for any competition then.

In professional sport "happy to be there" is horrific. Needs to be "despondent and angry about this loss"

But alas "we are proud of what we have achieved this year..."

I don't even have a good NBA team to cheer for now. 76ers will shit the bed when it matters too, just like the Swans.

I am sensing a huge amount of apathy for next year from myself.

I will still support the team but expectation of getting a premiership is low even if we smash it in the H and A

Yep. We could be undefeated halfway through the season next year and I doubt there will be too many Swans fans getting excited. It would be pointless to get excited.

Thank god I have my sport and heavy metal to fall back on over the summer. Especially heavy metal, this never lets me down (except for Metallica’s St. Anger garbage)

Be careful as quite a lot of heavy metals are rather poisonous. Better to go with the light metal elements such as sodium, potassium and calcium over the heavy metals such as lead, Arsenic and Mercury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back