Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the game.
What an insipid, weak, distracted, football club. Fk off Longmire, you don’t have what it takes to prepare a team to win when it matters.
Fk off leadership out of this club.
Worry less about bullsh!t promos and instagram buzz and get some fking balls. Weak as piss.

It seems to be an assumption that Gulden will be our long term captain. He is an amazing player and reads the game well.

But I am not sure if he will end up being the best choice for captain.
It seems Sydney has a habit of identifying players for captaincy early on then sticking to it.

I know Mills was touted as a future captain before he was even drafted, but I have to be honest I just don’t see it. Rowbottom would be my choice if we went sole captain next year (though Sydney plays better when we have more than one).

Gulden looks on a similar pre-ordained trajectory to Mills, but he must be made to earn it. His performance today, and his interview afterwards, do not suggest to me he is anywhere near it at the moment.

Swans lost it psychologically.
It was clearly evident within the first 10 minutes. Hack kicks into the forward line with no smooth, calm ball movement. There was an absence of physically.
It was weak, timid an looked unprepared. Players were panicking. There was no leadership.
The Swans gave up.
They didn’t attempt to fight back.
Repeat humiliation in Grand Finals is club destroying.
They will not be playing finals in 2025.
So when the Pies missed the finals this year that was because….

Yeah we shouldn't have lost today, but you cannot dispute the quality of this Lions team. Do they have a weakness? I'm not convinced they do. When you consider they've got Coleman, Doedee, McCarthy, McInerney and the younger Ashcroft to add to their team, a dynasty is there for the taking for them. Full credit to them since Fagan took over as coach. Their list management has been spectacular and they deserve this flag.

I think we were the best team across the majority of this year, but I'd 100% agree that today's Lions team was stronger than ours on paper.
Shouldn't have lost like that at least.
How free they were getting in the second was completely bizzare. We haven't looked that open since the Port game. We were running in quicksand and they were running into space taking uncontested marks all game.

I know our players aren't shirkers....so the explanation....fooked if I know.

Just watched the game.
What an insipid, weak, distracted, football club. Fk off Longmire, you don’t have what it takes to prepare a team to win when it matters.
Fk off leadership out of this club.
Worry less about bullsh!t promos and instagram buzz and get some fking balls. Weak as piss.
God I agree so piss poor the woke positive outlook will come knocking but heck that 2 outta 3 years of terrible not turning up rubbish just disgusting on all levels
Something needs to change and now embarrassing performance when it matters again do shit absolute dog shit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The part I really don’t understand is selecting McDonald.

When Mills wasn’t selected I had renewed faith that we wouldn’t pick injured players - despite McDonald’s limited prep. In my mind, the Reid lesson had been learned.

But McDonald was not only nowhere near it from the start. He also wasn’t that structurally important to our game plan (far less than Reid was). He doesn’t take a lot of contested marks. We could have picked any of Cleary, Adams, Mills, hell even Ladhams and we wii on you have been better off.

I just do not get it.

Don't know how you come back from that. Didn't Geelong get flogged several times in GFs in the 90s... and were never heard of again?
I thought this squad had two or three premierships in it but after this latest capitulation I don't see them winning anything. We look at million dollars as May champions but we fold like a pack of cards when the whips are cracking. We're a punchline.
They had Gary Ablett kick 8 or 9 from memory and STILL lost.
I felt bad for them that day.

God I agree so piss poor the woke positive outlook will come knocking but heck that 2 outta 3 years of terrible not turning up rubbish just disgusting on all levels
Something needs to change and now embarrassing performance when it matters again do shit absolute dog shit
To many Swans fans and players have that “oh well we tried hard” or “just wasn’t our day, there’s always next year” outlook.

Ruthless successful clubs don’t accept that crap. We’ve accepted it 4 grand finals in a row.
As long as we are keeping tight with the lgbtq community and every other stupid fking activism trend, most think that’s a successful year.
This club will continue to be weak on the big stage when it matters until they harden the fk up.
At the end of the day all that crap on social media, that seems to be day in day out adds up to just be one big distraction.

The core business is to win football games! Fking do it you distracted idiots!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back