Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure all 3 post match player interviews had each of them saying they could not have been more prepared, each had a variation on that theme.

My Lordy Wordy, bona fide delusion.

The dangers of an echo chamber and/or groupthink.

And while I'm at it, another thing...

During the year I used to get worried with the player's talk about looking after each other's feelings, something the new shrink helped them with...

Again, my Lordy Wordy...

Sometimes you have to cut your losses, play only 2 of them in the same team & never Parker in the same fwd line as those two. I'd rather back Mclean or Mcdonald & Parker in the fwd line complimented with actual pressure smalls/mid sized fwds. I thought Cleary was great in the fwd line with his pressure & contest work. Put him in next year.

The 3 tall fwds have only worked in one game, maybe our mids goal scoring ability has papered over the fwd line cracks.

What i mean is Parker will probably request a trade regardless he is near the end anyways.

The game is moving past tall slow moving forward line in types of the Lohmann and Ah Chee types.

Pretty sure all 3 post match player interviews had each of them saying they could not have been more prepared, each had a variation on that theme.

My Lordy Wordy, bona fide delusion.

The dangers of an echo chamber and/or groupthink.

And while I'm at it, another thing...

During the year I used to get worried with the player's talk about looking after each other's feelings, something the new shrink helped them with...

Again, my Lordy Wordy...

Like i said if that was as best prepared as we can be well thats bleak.

The most frustrating thing was watching Brisbane doing exactly what every piece of analysis had said they would do all week - It seemed we hadn’t planned for it, and had no willingness to adapt or change our structures to shutdown the uncontested marking game that was just killing us.

I also think the game showed the value of just having an elite fullback. Our backs are solid, and great as a unit but under siege we tend to fall apart.

23 Robbie Fox’s on Grand Final days please .

When did the club become okay with just making the grand final?
It’s a good question. The culture of a club will inevitably reflect the culture of the fans. Everyone else is transient.

It’s for this reason Port fans go after Hinkley so hard. They expect and demand success, and will not suffer anything less. Port has not acted and now there is major discord about the direction of the club. (NB: this isn’t to say I think Port fans are right in an era of equalisation).

Sydney fans demand a team that regularly makes finals. It is how success is measured. They don’t however demand premierships and they are un-willing to endure difficult re-builds. They also don’t like winning ugly. They want “nice, civilised” games.

Is it the coaches and captains, or the fans, that mean that words like “disappointed” can be used after displays like today?

(NB: I’m not suggesting people on this board are reflective of the broader Swans fanbase).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong bounced back from losing the 89, 92, 94 and 95 Grand Finals. Would like to think we could do the same but it’s going to be tough though

Reading these posts and the feelings you are all expressing takes me back to that period. It took until I was in my late 30’s and being at every one of those losing GF’s to finally witness a win.

You should know that you have the personnel to win a flag. You probably need another crumber and one less tall up front. But Warner, Heeney, Gulden aren’t going anywhere.

And when you do crack it, and it WILL happen, it will be worth all this hurt.

Didn’t think it was possible but I think im getting angrier the more i think about it
It's just really shitty. Here we effing are again, only two years after Geelong ran rings around us.

I've given up hoping to win a premiership, but before I die I'd really like to at least see us just miss out on one.

The most frustrating thing was watching Brisbane doing exactly what every piece of analysis had said they would do all week - It seemed we hadn’t planned for it, and had no willingness to adapt or change our structures to shutdown the uncontested marking game that was just killing us.

I also think the game showed the value of just having an elite fullback. Our backs are solid, and great as a unit but under siege we tend to fall apart.
Man on man from he first bounce v a side that plays uncontested….not rocket science but we seem to have nfi and are intent to guard space, exactly what our uncontested opponents wanted.

This playing group has had some shocking loses over the last 3 years...some absolutely horrible showings were we just collectively as an entire team shit the bed. Yet played in 2 GF's, the difference between our best and worst is ****ing enormous. Mile bigger than any team I can remember.
I suspect that the scars from this might break us and this will be it for a while. I hope I'm wrong of course and when the middle of next year we're sitting pretty in the top 4.....the shit bit is, if that comes true will be that I probably won't even be able enjoy it for what it is because I'll never be able to trust the side, not really....it's literally going to take a good GF performance to truly win the trust and respect of most the football public back.

Pretty sick of Gulden tbh. Has huge tickets on himself but goes missing in the biggest games.
All three need to learn how to break a tag better. I'd be spending the entire off season working on this.

Hi. Brissy are very good no doubt. But, F me you guys aren’t this bad. They could do this to you 1/10 times maybe and it bloody happened to be a GF. Been cursing you all year for how good you’ve been, shattered for all of you because you deserve a flag. The game was lost by their marking power and contest between mids. Good luck for 2025. A truly amazing footy club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back