Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I've taken this loss very hard, which is eye opening for me as I'm ostensibly a Blues supporter first and foremost. It's a mixture of anger, denial, frustration, bewilderment....the list of emotions goes on and on.

I guess it shows how ingrained the Swans are in my life, after all for the past 40 years they have been something to me the Blues have never been - my local AFL club. (I've never lived in Melbourne).

Regardless of the reason, I think I need to review my relationship with the game, I'm getting too old to let things I can't control - like AFL Grand Final results - affect me with this. :(

Finally, I'm grateful to be able to interact on the Swans board, with the good grace of the people here, to help me try to deal with this. So thank you all, it has helped....as much as it is possible to help me at present that is.

some interesting reading here from a neutral observer. So, Hipwood's freak goal, like Langford's 10 years ago, was the difference between winning and losing for the Swans? Oh well, I guess the 10-10+ goal margin in the two GF's wasn't relevant, just those two arsey goals lol.
Ah, no. Way to miss the point - which is actually that freakish goals like that can indicate that it's just not going to be your day.

I've taken this loss very hard, which is eye opening for me as I'm ostensibly a Blues supporter first and foremost. It's a mixture of anger, denial, frustration, bewilderment....the list of emotions goes on and on.

I guess it shows how ingrained the Swans are in my life, after all for the past 40 years they have been something to me the Blues have never been - my local AFL club. (I've never lived in Melbourne).

Regardless of the reason, I think I need to review my relationship with the game, I'm getting too old to let things I can't control - like AFL Grand Final results - affect me with this. :(

Finally, I'm grateful to be able to interact on the Swans board, with the good grace of the people here, to help me try to deal with this. So thank you all, it has helped....as much as it is possible to help me at present that is.
You’re one of the good neutrals. Always have been mate. You’re always welcomed here

This has been by far the most devastating GF loss of the last 5 the margin at HT was even greater than in 2022.

There is no justifying that performance none your boys showed more fight after being 65-0.

Ah, no. Way to miss the point - which is actually that freakish goals like that can indicate that it's just not going to be your day.
How Hawthorny of him though. Read through 40 pages of another board's thread, come across a vaguely negative comment about a Hawthorn player, then have a massive melt!

I'm over it now. Saw it coming for most of the year. Horse needs to go as sad as it is. I can't ever trust a Swans team led by him. He coaches next year and I'll watch from afar. No point winning games to just not show up for the GF.

The mentally weakest team in the league. Can't cope with any pressure at all.

Just another game my fluvking arse

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back