Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

You're kidding me—you still think the Swans were robbed in 2016? That same year, you lost a final to teams that finished 5th and 7th. The Swans have now lost two Grand Finals to teams that finished outside the top 4. It's obvious that you are mentally weak, and the majority of your supporters want your coach sacked. Long live the 2016 Swans Grand Final conspiracy, because the data now tells us that Sydney football can't perform on the big stage—only in a little boutique environment."
What a disgrace you carrying the name of a Port Melbourne superstar

l
You and a large majority of Swans fans have been throwing the bullshit theory of the 2016 GF due to umpires. It's now finished and the dog fans want to hear no more of this Data doesn't lie and bad for luck yesterday and I feel your pain but FFS give up the above theory it's BS

It's the swans board you came here to read about what swans fans say then got shitty. It's also not a swans fans theory it's a general AFL Theory 2016 was a joke. There's even articles on it

So it's on you dopey.

You're kidding me—you still think the Swans were robbed in 2016? That same year, you lost a final to teams that finished 5th and 7th. The Swans have now lost two Grand Finals to teams that finished outside the top 4. It's obvious that you are mentally weak, and the majority of your supporters want your coach sacked. Long live the 2016 Swans Grand Final conspiracy, because the data now tells us that Sydney football can't perform on the big stage—only in a little boutique environment."
You need to go away & let us post what we like my friend. It’s a disgrace that you even think you are entitled to even come on a Swan’s thread of sadness & anger from loyal supporters and post your thoughts. If any of us thing we were robbed on our forum, then you have no right to reply.

Just as I would have no right to go on the Bulldogs forum & post how I think that in 10-20 years there will only be 6 or 7 stand alone clubs in Victoria with the Bulldogs, Saints, North & another tax payer funded club playing in the VFL competition.
You know…………tradition and all that tripe.

So why don’t you go & f c. K yourself.

RUDE LETTER TO FOLLOW!

You and a large majority of Swans fans have been throwing the bullshit theory of the 2016 GF due to umpires. It's now finished and the dog fans want to hear no more of this Data doesn't lie and bad for luck yesterday and I feel your pain but FFS give up the above theory it's BS
You use CAPITALS so FFS leave us alone

Go away and stop using Fred’s name

Do it on the main forum.
Not here. That you haven’t been suspended suggests we are reasonable fans on here & we are are right when we say you were gifted a charitable flag.

I think it comes down to, and I know it's stating the obvious, our mix of players and game style doesn't stack up in a GF. Home and away footy is its own thing, finals is a different caper, but the grand final itself is also vastly different to finals footy.

We're too system focussed. In the heat of a GF it's too difficult to rely on trying to play safe, efficient footy and zones. It doesn't work. You need to be clinical to win that way, but I don't think it's mentally possible for any team to pull that off in a granny, the intensity will break those chains most of the time. We're bloody good at it on a normal day, but GF's never play out that way. All of a sudden when you don't have a couple of gun defenders, and a couple of in and under mids winning the contest it's only a matter of time before you get your back broken.

From the outside you can see that brisbane has multiple modes, they can play efficiently but they can also scrap and adapt if it's a chaos game. Next year we need to change our focus to becoming a harder, scrappier team rather than just being 'well drilled'.

Got bent over by the fixturing, copped injuries upon injuries all season. Also, beat the premiers twice.

Bent over by fixturing what the? too many home games.

You lost to us twice chief . You pinched a flag when others were banged up , kudos to you but your list isn't much good. It's one player

I hate those types. I may sound sexist but they’re mostly females that do it. It ****ing irks me to tears. They can’t do any critical thinking
Haven't found that this year. Just as many blokes happy clapping away.

l

It's the swans board you came here to read about what swans fans say then got shitty. It's also not a swans fans theory it's a general AFL Theory 2016 was a joke. There's even articles on it

So it's on you dopey.
We aren't allowed to call people campaigners on here can we? Because if we could, I'd be reserving that label for that ****wit from Footscray.

At the Crown breakfast yesterday, Brian Taylor told a story about kicking his 100th goal and how the umpires kept giving him free kicks for nothing until he kicked it as they had money on him. The dopey campaigner named the umpires name as well. Just the other year, we saw an umpire charged over spot betting on the brownlow through mates. And these ****wits watch that finals serious where they got marched through close games with repeated one way frees and think there is no chance something dodgy was going on. There is no coincidence that the same umpires that have overseen lobbied counts are the same names each year.

That's not a conspiracy. That's a fact.

Tough lose guys. Coming into the year I thought it was Brisbane's too lose. By the halfway mark I thought you guys were the best team by a fair margin - the curse of being too good early maybe?

Teams/media has so much time to pick apart your gameplan and how to beat it - been on the receiving end of that one. In comparison Brisbane were so flaky, up and down, was hard to really nail down their game.

Mills was a massive out. Beside being an absolute gun, he is a general down back and really missed him. We really fell apart this year when Brayshaw retired, you just can't replace guys like that.

Taylor Adams call was baffling to me. He performs well in big games, clearance machine, what's was the point of bringing him in? Frustrating.

Looked like your forward line completely lost its structure. Lions just kept folding back and at times it was 3-4 on 1. Young key forwards or coaching?

Brisbane, for a team that can't kick a set shot to save themselves they couldn't bloody miss. Like literally could have run a string line from the kick to centre of goal and the ball wouldn't have deviated off that for half of them, a day out really (except that ah chee one that bounced off an invisible wall to sail through).

Don't think you guys will die wondering come trade week so should make it interesting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You again?

No doubt you can furnish your survey of all 73,000 Swans members to back up your bold claim in the first sentence.

I think it comes down to, and I know it's stating the obvious, our mix of players and game style doesn't stack up in a GF. Home and away footy is its own thing, finals is a different caper, but the grand final itself is also vastly different to finals footy.

We're too system focussed. In the heat of a GF it's too difficult to rely on trying to play safe, efficient footy and zones. It doesn't work. You need to be clinical to win that way, but I don't think it's mentally possible for any team to pull that off in a granny, the intensity will break those chains most of the time. We're bloody good at it on a normal day, but GF's never play out that way. All of a sudden when you don't have a couple of gun defenders, and a couple of in and under mids winning the contest it's only a matter of time before you get your back broken.

From the outside you can see that brisbane has multiple modes, they can play efficiently but they can also scrap and adapt if it's a chaos game. Next year we need to change our focus to becoming a harder, scrappier team rather than just being 'well drilled'.
I think the phrase your looking for is too many flankers and not enough contested players. Our fourth midfielder when we needed it in the first half was Gulden/McInerney Brisbane's was McCluggage. (I'm not saying Gulden and Mcinerney are bad players they just need to be on the wing and not on ball especially in finals, thats where Adams/Mills comes into play)

I think the phrase your looking for is too many flankers and not enough contested players. Our fourth midfielder when we needed it in the first half was Gulden/McInerney Brisbane's was McCluggage. (I'm not saying Gulden and Mcinerney are bad players they just need to be on the wing and not on ball especially in finals, thats where Adams/Mills comes into play)
We have a few very capable contested players.

Horse just doesn’t select them (Rowy excepted) & then bemoans the “lack of contest”.

Got bent over by the fixturing, copped injuries upon injuries all season. Also, beat the premiers twice.
You won the flag last year so the harder fixture happens. You did show resilience but you missed finals. That happens. Not sure why you come on here with that.
Go pump your chest on the main board.

If I have one more ****ing idiot on Facebook accuse me of not being a true fan for being critical of that shithouse performance and not happy clapping and saying what a wonderful effort it was just to make it, I'll ****ing scream.
Check out the RedandWhiteOnline site Talk about happy clappers Unbelievable

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back