Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that nobody wanted to run the GF sprint & Gus needed to volunteer is a bit damning in its own right.

I actually think it says a bit about the whole club mentality leading into the GF.

PS: for what it’s worth - Gus showed he’s pretty damn zippy. Finished 6th out of the 18 taking part.
You know how i would normally respond but it’s too soon

Woke up praying it was Saturday morning and that was all an awful dream/nightmare,
but alas ..

Looked out the window, cold and miserable and now off to a memorial for a recently passed special family member. Was hoping yesterday was going to balance up this weekend, but 2 mournings now of different varieties.

I ponder if the weather was reversed and was wet yesterday, would it have been such an embarrassing result? Probably not.

I was sooo sure this was the year, as you may know with most of my postings. Everything was aligned - with the 150th and demons needing exorcising from 2022…the easy win last week and steely look from players emanating unfinished business… fresh legs, almost full strength team vs (what seemed) banged up Briz team. I guffawed at those writing us off and tipping Briz players as norm smith possibilities.

Spent thousands getting family down and kids first GF experience only to have my eldest bawling on me at 3/4 time…took it hard.

Thats my 6th visit to a losing Swans GF..
This last 4 really taking their toll. I just don’t ever want to feel like I did yesterday by 3/4 time again. Wounds were ripped open in 2022 from 2014 and each time they seem to heal less.

I hate the fact I’ve lost trust in my bloods on the big stage when it counts . I hope one day it’s restored, but difficult to see how right now. . I’m angry with the team & coach for their capitulation yet again.

I’m sure my/our pain is about 1% the intensity of the players hurt right now and I feel for them

At least we had hope after the first quarter this GF :/

Need to find a way to play more games at the MCG, because my word more often than not we play like absolute shells of ourselves there.
Unfortunately, we’re not likely to get more games at the G. We already play there more than the other non-Victorian clubs.

Folding in the Grand Final. Unable to deliver, despite an armchair ride by the AFL. Losers….
Do a bit of research into your own club's history.

Folding in the Grand Final. Unable to deliver, despite an armchair ride by the AFL. Losers….

Give us 19 home games and a home grand final and 40 third party deals and we will win the flag .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that nobody wanted to run the GF sprint & Gus needed to volunteer is a bit damning in its own right.

I actually think it says a bit about the whole club mentality leading into the GF.

PS: for what it’s worth - Gus showed he’s pretty damn zippy. Finished 6th out of the 18 taking part.

How is that damning? Who cares about the GF sprint?

When we were 3 games clear on top of the ladder this year I was getting comments at work about how good we were looking and how it’s ours to lose.

I would unironically say ‘we are looking unbeatable right now, can’t wait to see us capitulate in the finals.’

They would scoff a bit, but I know my team too well at this point.

Resort to physical insults when you can’t deal with the truth.
Typical tell of failure.
The only toothless thing here are the Swans.
Pathetic.
Spectators in that crowd wasted 1000s of dollars and thousands of seconds of their lives watching that garbage.

Hey mate, kindly jog on yeah?

These Pies supporters seem more angrier than we do. Maybe Lions winning the flag has given them reminders of 2002 and 2003. Toothless scums. **** off.

they pinched a flag last year thanks to the umps and got ahead of themselves .

Really the Lions should be back to back

they pinched a flag last year thanks to the umps and got ahead of themselves .

Really the Lions should be back to back
And they shouldn’t have made the Grand Final even if the umpire paid a high tackle to Toby Greene. The campaigners know they got lucky last year

Tough lose guys. Coming into the year I thought it was Brisbane's too lose. By the halfway mark I thought you guys were the best team by a fair margin - the curse of being too good early maybe?

Teams/media has so much time to pick apart your gameplan and how to beat it - been on the receiving end of that one. In comparison Brisbane were so flaky, up and down, was hard to really nail down their game.

Mills was a massive out. Beside being an absolute gun, he is a general down back and really missed him. We really fell apart this year when Brayshaw retired, you just can't replace guys like that.

Taylor Adams call was baffling to me. He performs well in big games, clearance machine, what's was the point of bringing him in? Frustrating.

Looked like your forward line completely lost its structure. Lions just kept folding back and at times it was 3-4 on 1. Young key forwards or coaching?

Brisbane, for a team that can't kick a set shot to save themselves they couldn't bloody miss. Like literally could have run a string line from the kick to centre of goal and the ball wouldn't have deviated off that for half of them, a day out really (except that ah chee one that bounced off an invisible wall to sail through).

Don't think you guys will die wondering come trade week so should make it interesting!

Mills hasn’t been a factor all season. Of the 7 games he played, he maybe had 1 decent one. In the rest, he looked sub-VFL level.

Taylor Adams was solid early on, but his form completely disintegrated. Towards the end, he wasn’t really contributing anything. Clearances were a massive issue. Adams wasn’t getting many for months until he finally got dropped. In hindsight, he probably should have played though. McInerney clearly wasn’t ready and looked injured, and Parker was wasted up forward all game.

You sure your club could cope flying so early in the year again? complained a lot about it this year , was the excuse when we pulled your pants down round 1 at your home deck.

Run along princess and get your centrelink cheque you moron from a shit full afl pet club with the easiest draw and the cushiest deals and the guaranteed home grand final, and every advantage the comp and media can give you. Most of your trophies are vfl crap from the past.

Dumb old collingwood arseholes
Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back