Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure they can, but obviously what they did wasnt it

Must be great prep if they said it was such then .

Like, I don't even know what you guys are suggesting we dehydrated and starved them? Forgot to give them instructions? Took them on a camp? Made fun of them?

It's a game of football

Like, I don't even know what you guys are suggesting we dehydrated and starved them? Forgot to give them instructions? Took them on a camp? Made fun of them?

It's a game of football

I'm Suggesting the off field preparation , gameplan, tactics , pre match focus was not right .

They started like crap and the strategy was all over the shop.

Yep I am sure they hit the right amount of protein and sprints.

i mean it took a 112 point flogging for the coaches to realise the group needed a break (for whatever reason) they don't seem to know how to prepare a side for the season or manage a list anymore , people are sore, hurt out of puff. We were running all over teams mid year

I'm Suggesting the off field preparation , gameplan, tactics , pre match focus was not right .

They started like crap and the strategy was all over the shop.

Yep I am sure they hit the right amount of protein and sprints.

Did we get that right or wrong in the prelim?

Did we get that right or wrong against Brisbane in the home and away?

Do we get that wrong every time except 2012?

A big concern is the fact they thought they prepared well. Rampe even said they wouldn't change that after the game(hopefully his immediate reaction isn't his true reflection of it). If they honestly think they came in prepared then there's far bigger issues than any lack of talent. Brisbane had barely any prep, they were coasting in off the win last week with some of there players not even able to train beforehand.

It’s all between the ears, we’re a pure momentum team this year. We had the momentum or wrestled it back in a lot of games this year. We don’t have the psychological maturity or leadership on field that we need. Super talented list, but not the mental resilience required to go all the way.

i mean it took a 112 point flogging for the coaches to realise the group needed a break (for whatever reason) they don't seem to know how to prepare a side for the season or manage a list anymore , people are sore, hurt out of puff. We were running all over teams mid year
Being 3 games up most of the season , the player management was piss poor.

Grundy has been run into the ground .

Everyone knew we should have rested players for the Gabba game and we didn’t

Clearly , I'm not sure which part you struggle with, are you on the coaching panel? sound like them, confused why doing everything the same doesn't work again and again

Anyway not having a go I just think the team running the prep was great line is nonsense

Being 3 games up most of the season , the player management was piss poor.

Grundy has been run into the ground .

Everyone knew we should have rested players for the Gabba game and we didn’t

I wasn't big on the resting at the time so won't be a hypocrite but yep seems that way

The prelim and home and away games are far different to a GF. they weren't prepared mentally for the GF. Doesn't matter how well they trained physically.

Clearly , I'm not sure which part you struggle with, are you on the coaching panel? sound like them, confused why doing everything the same doesn't work again and again

The prelim and home and away games are far different to a GF. they weren't prepared mentally for the GF. Doesn't matter well they trained physically.

So review, hire a sports psych, charter a private plane and adjust the schedule to suit the players is what I'm hearing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well… It is what it is and at least we are experienced with this so it wasn’t totally alien. I hope you all look after themselves, particularly if you are taking this hard……in time will just see the dark humour in this and laugh at the impending memes coming.

I think like everybody here I was apprehensive before the game with 2022 being in my mind, Rampes pre match presser was eroding my previous confidence, then after the first two goals thought this might be turning out okay only to be back at the bar earlier than I was meant to seeing it happening all over again.

Thank God I was there in 05 and 12.

Cheer Cheer
On the one hand I’m coping better this time because I’m that little bit older and more accepting of the shit that life dishes up.

On the other hand I seriously believed that what happened in 2022 was so bad it meant it would simply never happen again. That’s what’s shattering.

You’re a happy clapper

We should’ve had 4-5 premierships over this period, instead we’ve paid a proven failure $900k a year to make the same mistakes over and over again
Whatever. I don't even know what a happy clapper is. I've followed this club since I was a teenager and have watched most of the games in that period. I'm disappointed by yesterday's result, but I can acknowledge that we lost to a better team and that it's largely been a fun season. I believe we'll bounce back and go again like we have numerous times in the past. If that makes me a "happy clapper", so be it. Better than a doom merchant calling the club an "embarrassment" for losing a grand final.

Petracca or Oliver would be huge for us but the Dees are trying to desperately hold onto them. Ah well. At least we wont get a trade ban since their value has lowered a fair bit.
I wouldn’t touch Oliver with a bargepole. Great player but clearly some serious issues with that lad.

Too many front runners and not enough blokes willing to do the hard work.

Rowbottom can only do so much, Heeney clearly impacted, Parker cooked as an inside player and so is Adams.

Then, not enough forward pressure to keep the ball inside 50 and need 1/2 who can genuinely compete in the air.

Could do with a gorilla defender but if the above was corrected it wouldn’t be as necessary.

Team is out of balance. I hope we bite the bullet and make some hard decisions, which may include maximising Warners trade value this year rather than next with a goal to rebalance the midfield and the side more broadly
It’s weird, when we had Buddy we were too Buddy centric and everyone else kind of let themselves off the hook. It was a vicious cycle over time.

I feel like this year it has been in reverse, with the forwards relying too much on the mids to make it happen rather than making it happen themselves. Then you add the lack of balance in the forward line to keep the ball in and it makes things worse. In this context, you can understand our interest in Stringer.

I’m in two minds about next year. I am pretty sure it is Longmire’s last year, and potentially also for Rampe, Warner and Parker if he stays. Does it make sense to bite the bullet now but keep the same coach / gameplan - or do we make some tweaks and have one last roll of the dice under the Horse era?

Probably getting too off track and need to post these thoughts in another thread…

It’s more to me than that.

I’m a very self aware person. I pin far too much on things outside of my control. I’ve put two cuts into myself following this (nothing to be alarmed at) it’s just something I choose to do knowing it’s dumb and melodramatic.
I can’t move on and find joy elsewhere I’m not made like that. It sounds simple it’s not.

This is my outlet I’m using it as such. Ignore it, though I know I’m putting it out there so that’s on me.
I think you should get help.

Do you really think the club can't prepare the team for a game?

Even after the players said the preparation was good?
The result speaks for itself, they were not prepared to play in a GF. If they were prepared well we could still have lost. But a 10 goal to a team that took it easy in the 4th quarter shows they clearly werent prepared well.

Lachie Neal had one good foot but he worked through it, why because he wanted it and was willing to embrace the pain. How many of our marshmallows would be willing to make the same sacrifice?

So well prepared we had 32 tackles!

GF are generally won by the team who can maintain the highest pressure level for the longest. We couldnt even maintain it for 10 minutes. They are that unfit so its in the head, who is responsible for that the coach!

But is making seven grannies this century mediocre?

Look probably not, it's just frustrating isn't it.

I mean would you rather 20 years no finals win or 2 flags and 5 losses.

Rather be us. But it's frustrating by just going 50% it's suddenly an epic era . We just don't want to be satisfied with getting there. The manner 3 were lost is not good enough. Not sure why 16 is lobbed in there, even if you forget umpiring it was still a competitive loss

It’s more to me than that.

I’m a very self aware person. I pin far too much on things outside of my control. I’ve put two cuts into myself following this (nothing to be alarmed at) it’s just something I choose to do knowing it’s dumb and melodramatic.
I can’t move on and find joy elsewhere I’m not made like that. It sounds simple it’s not.

This is my outlet I’m using it as such. Ignore it, though I know I’m putting it out there so that’s on me.

don't want to ignore that, please talk to someone , vent in here do whatever ! don't suffer that way please . you matter

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back